FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] How to root Motorola XT925 with 4.4.2 update

467 posts
Thanks Meter: 209
 
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all motorola users
1st you must have Unlocked your motorola XT925
see this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797116
2nd you need custom recovery for example CWM for kitkat bootloader
you can download the stable kitkat cwm for XT925
from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ux...D_M-KITKAT.img
3rd you need root package
download from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8...erSU-v2.16.zip
let's start
put everything in adb folder and connected you XT925
adb wait-for-device
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
----------
disconnected you phone power off and go to bootloader again and then go CWM recovery and install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
you can use the sideload options

good luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s27moto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s27moto Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 07:32 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Has anyone tried/verified this yet or should I be the first?
The Following User Says Thank You to matt121188 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matt121188 Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 09:18 PM |#3  
djvita's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt121188

Has anyone tried/verified this yet or should I be the first?

back when i flashed kk, it worked to get root. no other root exploits have been found unfortunately.. this is the normal and easiest way to get root just need an unlocked bootloader and flash chainfire's super su through a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to djvita For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djvita Ad-Free
22nd December 2014, 03:06 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
A little help please
Quote:
Originally Posted by s27moto

hi all motorola users
1st you must have Unlocked your motorola XT925
see this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2797116
2nd you need custom recovery for example CWM for kitkat bootloader
you can download the stable kitkat cwm for XT925
from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ux...D_M-KITKAT.img
3rd you need root package
download from there : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8...erSU-v2.16.zip
let's start
put everything in adb folder and connected you XT925
adb wait-for-device
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img
----------
disconnected you phone power off and go to bootloader again and then go CWM recovery and install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.16.zip
you can use the sideload options

good luck

I apologize for my stupidity.
But, is there any chance for more advance step by step tutorial on this topic.
I have a filing that i'm going to miss something. My bootloader is unlocked now im trying to root my phone and install custom recovery on it. Currently on 4.4.2 kitkat motorola tx925.
26th December 2014, 10:22 PM |#5  
s27moto's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 209
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hassoman_64

I apologize for my stupidity.
But, is there any chance for more advance step by step tutorial on this topic.
I have a filing that i'm going to miss something. My bootloader is unlocked now im trying to root my phone and install custom recovery on it. Currently on 4.4.2 kitkat motorola tx925.

it's so simple
1- unlocked bootloade
2- root you device
3-install recovery
4-install custom roms
5-install google apps
11th January 2015, 02:07 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Confusing with first step...
Quote:
Originally Posted by s27moto

it's so simple
1- unlocked bootloade
2- root you device
3-install recovery
4-install custom roms
5-install google apps

Hi s27moto,

Thanks for your very clear guide. Btw, In 1 step (unlock bootloader) could you tell me more about this step:
0. My phone is RAZR HD Kitkat offical update, no root, bootloader locked.
1. Can I unlock it by using fastboot command with motopolycase that provided in following link in step 1 (4.4.2 kitkat) ?
2. I tried to unlock my phone using Motorolar website but It's say that my phone is not qualify. What can I do ?
Thanks you.
12th January 2015, 12:14 AM |#7  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 585
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quang Hung

Hi s27moto,

Thanks for your very clear guide. Btw, In 1 step (unlock bootloader) could you tell me more about this step:
0. My phone is RAZR HD Kitkat offical update, no root, bootloader locked.
1. Can I unlock it by using fastboot command with motopolycase that provided in following link in step 1 (4.4.2 kitkat) ?
2. I tried to unlock my phone using Motorolar website but It's say that my phone is not qualify. What can I do ?
Thanks you.

If you have a 926 and are on the latest FW, you can't unlock. If you have a 925, you should be able to unlock via Moto.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
12th January 2015, 08:25 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
xt926 4.4.2 unlocked........
how do I get my root back after 4.4.2 update. all instruction lead to needing custom rom and or rooted. I have stock kk and my device is unlocked what would be the next step for installing a custom rom. hope I asked the question right
14th January 2015, 06:26 AM |#9  
billycar11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag P.A.
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesxys

how do I get my root back after 4.4.2 update. all instruction lead to needing custom rom and or rooted. I have stock kk and my device is unlocked what would be the next step for installing a custom rom. hope I asked the question right

no need for custom rom just install a recovery like twrp then flash root and then you are rooted
21st January 2015, 09:02 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Talking Fastboot Success??
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11

no need for custom rom just install a recovery like twrp then flash root and then you are rooted

Has anyone actually flashed a custom recovery on an xt925 4.4.2 OTA? I have had no luck trying any kind of fastboot, mfastboot, Olympian-fastboot... Nothing. If anyone has, perhaps point us to the resource you used. Thanks.
22nd January 2015, 08:50 PM |#11  
billycar11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag P.A.
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtan2589

Has anyone actually flashed a custom recovery on an xt925 4.4.2 OTA? I have had no luck trying any kind of fastboot, mfastboot, Olympian-fastboot... Nothing. If anyone has, perhaps point us to the resource you used. Thanks.

i use fastboot from the android sdk also make sure you have moto drivers installed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes