Thanks Meter: 209

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2015, 08:50 PM |#11  
Flag P.A.
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtan2589

Has anyone actually flashed a custom recovery on an xt925 4.4.2 OTA? I have had no luck trying any kind of fastboot, mfastboot, Olympian-fastboot... Nothing. If anyone has, perhaps point us to the resource you used. Thanks.

i use fastboot from the android sdk also make sure you have moto drivers installed
22nd January 2015, 08:53 PM |#12  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billycar11

i use fastboot from the android sdk also make sure you have moto drivers installed

And you did this after the OTA update to 4.4.2? I'll double check the drivers, since I use multiple phone types on my PC. Thanks.
22nd January 2015, 09:35 PM |#13  
Flag P.A.
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:

And you did this after the OTA update to 4.4.2? I'll double check the drivers, since I use multiple phone types on my PC. Thanks.

yes i did this on 4.4.2

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote:

also here is updated recovery https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/557054829357707264
edit: i hate the sites he uploads to but you can figure out the right button
The Following User Says Thank You to billycar11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billycar11 Ad-Free
24th January 2015, 12:58 AM |#14  
Flag Toronto

More
Ok. I tried what you said (checked the drivers) and I'm getting this...

(bootloader) Variable bot supported!

Then it looks like it worked, but no joy. Ideas?

--Update--

Just tried with 'mfastboot' and it gave me no error this time and didn't freeze after 'writing recovery', i.e. actually finished the process. Still no TWRP recovery on the phone though.
24th January 2015, 06:13 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Quote:

Ok. I tried what you said (checked the drivers) and I'm getting this...

(bootloader) Variable bot supported!

Then it looks like it worked, but no joy. Ideas?

--Update--

Just tried with 'mfastboot' and it gave me no error this time and didn't freeze after 'writing recovery', i.e. actually finished the process. Still no TWRP recovery on the phone though.

Are you booting directly back into recovery after flashing? If you don't, stock recovery will override it. After flashing, immediately power off the phone and boot straight into recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RikRong Ad-Free
24th January 2015, 07:10 PM |#16  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong

Are you booting directly back into recovery after flashing? If you don't, stock recovery will override it. After flashing, immediately power off the phone and boot straight into recovery.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I can't get that far. Whenever I try to flash the recovery, I get...
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280

C:\Users\Gaetano\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 109B(*)
(bootloader) product: vanquish_u
(bootloader) secure: yes
(bootloader) mid: 0056
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) serialno: TA24001ST4
(bootloader) qe: qe 0/1
(bootloader) unlocked: yes
(bootloader) iswarrantyvoid: yes
(bootloader) max-download-size: 31457280
(bootloader) emmc-size: 16GB
(bootloader) reason: Reboot to bootloader
(bootloader) revision-hardware: 0x8300
(bootloader) cpu: MSM8960 CS
(bootloader) uid: 93ABD20802000100000000000000
(bootloader) cid: 0x0e
all:
finished. total time: 0.031s

--UPDATE--

Got it!! I had to...

mfastboot erase cache

Then everything work perfectly!! Thanks, all.
29th January 2015, 04:41 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello! I'm trying to root it, but it seems like I can't! Is it beacause my version is unable to do so? I have already unlocked the bootloader, flashed the CWM even tryed the TWRP, but I'm unable to do it from the PC and even by the ROM Manager App.
As I enter the recovery mode, there is always a opened up android robot with the !triangle

sistem vers: 180.46.117.XT925.Brasil.en.BR
running 4.4.2

where am I missing?

Thanks!
29th January 2015, 04:51 AM |#18  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by euricko

Hello! I'm trying to root it, but it seems like I can't! Is it beacause my version is unable to do so? I have already unlocked the bootloader, flashed the CWM even tryed the TWRP, but I'm unable to do it from the PC and even by the ROM Manager App.
As I enter the recovery mode, there is always a opened up android robot with the !triangle

sistem vers: 180.46.117.XT925.Brasil.en.BR
running 4.4.2

where am I missing?

Thanks!

Looks the same issue I had. When you are in bootloader (fastboot) did you try erasing the cache, then flash recovery?
29th January 2015, 06:26 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Looks the same issue I had. When you are in bootloader (fastboot) did you try erasing the cache, then flash recovery?

sorry it took too long to answer you. now it won't be online on the adb. i think i've tried everything, new drivers, sdk update, debuggin on/off, delete certifieds pcs, reboot. I'm about to give up hahahah
I couldn't try to do "mfastboot erase cache"
29th January 2015, 06:31 PM |#20  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by euricko

sorry it took too long to answer you. now it won't be online on the adb. i think i've tried everything, new drivers, sdk update, debuggin on/off, delete certifieds pcs, reboot. I'm about to give up hahahah
I couldn't try to do "mfastboot erase cache"

Try it without the "m" (fastboot). "mfastboot" command only works if it's in the directory. If that doesn't do it, do a search for "mfastboot" (Motorola version of "fastboot"), put it in the same folder as "fastboot", and try again.

It took me almost 3 weeks of research and experimentation to find something that worked. Don't know how some people got it done so easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to gtan2589 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtan2589 Ad-Free
29th January 2015, 09:25 PM |#21  

More
Quote:

Try it without the "m" (fastboot). "mfastboot" command only works if it's in the directory. If that doesn't do it, do a search for "mfastboot" (Motorola version of "fastboot"), put it in the same folder as "fastboot", and try again.

It took me almost 3 weeks of research and experimentation to find something that worked. Don't know how some people got it done so easily.

good idea, but unfortunately I can't send any command, the device is still offline
damn I don't know the solution to this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)