Lineage OS XT907_JBBL

Search This thread
Flash Magisk for SU, and use substratum for themes.
I thought Substratum has to be built in the ROM. Will it work if I simply install it?

Anyways, I had a working installation of LOS14.1 with Nano Open GApps, but I broke it and now I'm downloading the Stock GApps package. I've found the same bugs in this one than in LOS13 so there's no reason for me to not to upgrade (static while unlocking the device, unstable WiFi and sometimes a bit of lag when opening/switching apps [which also stops music for a bit]).

There is a tiny detail that I cannot unsee after I found it in CM13... THE DAMN BATTERY ICON IS NOT ALIGNED. This annoys me so much lol.

Still it's great we got Nougat in our devices, I thought that would never happen, so I'm quite happy. I'd like it to be an AOSP build, but it's better than nothing. :p

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I thought Substratum has to be built in the ROM. Will it work if I simply install it?
The ability to support substratum is in the ROM (I think its part of Nougat). I did not test it with this ROM specifically, but I have another device, and all I do is install substratum from the play store, then download a Theme (Modern UI is my standard dark one) and start substratum (say OK to all the warnings) and then apply the theme.

Anyways, I had a working installation of LOS14.1 with Nano Open GApps, but I broke it and now I'm downloading the Stock GApps package. I've found the same bugs in this one than in LOS13 so there's no reason for me to not to upgrade (static while unlocking the device, unstable WiFi and sometimes a bit of lag when opening/switching apps [which also stops music for a bit]).
Double negative. Confusing. :eek: For the "unstable" WiFi I use "Wifi Reconnect" from the market (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sikpenguin.utility.wifireconnect), there are 000's of similar apps on the market. It actually gives/keeps me connected better than ever before.

There is a tiny detail that I cannot unsee after I found it in CM13... THE DAMN BATTERY ICON IS NOT ALIGNED. This annoys me so much lol.
I was interested in this bug, so checked my phone to see why I never noticed it. I then realised I always use text and not the icon. Could you post a pick to show this (just out of interest)

Stil it's great we got Nougat in our devices, I thought that would never happen, so I'm quite happy. I'd like it to be an AOSP build, but it's better than nothing. :p
I am in some ways the opposite. I prefer the extra features of ROM's like ResurectionRemix. However, I would much prefer something like DirtUnicorns which on the last time I used it, was based from AOSP.

I think 14.1 is still too unstable to use as a daily, and without Xposed (not avail for nougat yet), a LOS ROM is just not customisable enough. Additionally, I am now currently building my own LOS 13.1 from source. With the addition of CPU Overclock (1.9GHz) and GPU Overclock (480Hz) and a few other small changes (such as debloating and Jelly Browser). Hmmm... maybe if you show me the Battery Icon, I might fix that as well in mine, just so I sleep better at night.:)

Last edited:
I was interested in this bug, so checked my phone to see why I never noticed it. I then realised I always use text and not the icon. Could you post a pick to show this (just out of interest)
There you go, I've attached one with some guidelines and one without them, it's hard to see at first, but once I saw it I couldn't stop seeing it. It should be around 1~2dp taller, and it happens with the other indicators too, so the problem is the size of the container and not the images.

I am in some ways the opposite. I prefer the extra features of ROM's like ResurectionRemix. However, I would much prefer something like DirtUnicorns which on the last time I used it, was based from AOSP.
I never liked those heavily customized ROMs because they feel unpolished IMHO (well, more than stock Android), I just want a simple vanilla experience. If I had enough HDD and a decent internet I'd build AOSP for the M.

I think 14.1 is still too unstable to use as a daily, and without Xposed (not avail for nougat yet), a LOS ROM is just not customisable enough. Additionally, I am now currently building my own LOS 13.1 from source. With the addition of CPU Overclock (1.9GHz) and GPU Overclock (480Hz) and a few other small changes (such as debloating and Jelly Browser).
What other issues have you found? It's performing well here, even better than LOS13 in some aspects.
About the overclocking, I'd underclock my M if it gave me 30 mins more of SOT TBH. :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170529-214005.png
    Screenshot_20170529-214005.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20170529-214112.png
    Screenshot_20170529-214112.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
There you go, I've attached one with some guidelines and one without them, it's hard to see at first, but once I saw it I couldn't stop seeing it. It should be around 1~2dp taller, and it happens with the other indicators too, so the problem is the size of the container and not the images.
ummm... it actually lloks fine to me. 1-2pixels may make it better, but it appears to be centered within the statusbar height. I actually run a custom launcher with the statusbar hidden, so not really an issue for me.

I never liked those heavily customized ROMs because they feel unpolished IMHO (well, more than stock Android), I just want a simple vanilla experience. If I had enough HDD and a decent internet I'd build AOSP for the M.
I build on windows in VBox. You can optionally use a virtual drive created on a USB device if your running out of space. As for the internet, initialising the tree does mean a big hit. However, with all changes being on the 14.1 branch (at least for LOS, I would guess the same for AOSP). once you get it, the internet hit is low.

What other issues have you found?
I haven't really looked for issuesz, mainly check the changes to the 14.1 branch to see if they can be merged back into my 13.0 br4anch. When I have found something more serious that can be merged down, they usually have already merged the change back down.

About the overclocking, I'd underclock my M if it gave me 30 mins more of SOT TBH. :p
If your willing to have a performance hit of underclocking, have you tried changing the CPU /GPU governors to Conservative or Powersave? If your talking about lowering the CPU hit while the screen is off, I find my phone lives in Deep Sleep most of the time (60-90% depending on use) so I wouldn't expect a great bump up with underclocking the lowest frequency; underclocking the max freq would definitely improve SOT since it stays there while screen is on (with Interactive Gov.). Undervolting may help (which I *think* can be done in the source with a hit to stability, but I wouldn't expect anything huge)

I do remember reading a thread for a different phone where they used the battery from another phone with a much bigger battery. And some bulging of the back cover.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
There is a tiny detail that I cannot unsee after I found it in CM13... THE DAMN BATTERY ICON IS NOT ALIGNED. This annoys me so much lol
It opccured to me, you could install substratum and explicitly select the status bar only for theme-ing, and if you find the right one, it may just correct the icon issue you have that peeves you so much. I know the theme i use on my other phone changes the icons in the status bar.

I build on windows in VBox. You can optionally use a virtual drive created on a USB device if your running out of space. As for the internet, initialising the tree does mean a big hit. However, with all changes being on the 14.1 branch (at least for LOS, I would guess the same for AOSP). once you get it, the internet hit is low.
I have a 80GB and a 120GB HDD, the first one is the primary and has around 40GB free, while the other one is used as storage and has around 40GB free too. The problem lies in that the PC is shared (with my parents) so I can't simply delete all the content and start syncing the Android source. Also, it took around 4 hours to download the Open GApps Stock package, so I can't imagine how many days would take to sync +100GB.
Does syncing download the whole history? Is there a way to download just the lastest stuff?

If your willing to have a performance hit of underclocking, have you tried changing the CPU /GPU governors to Conservative or Powersave? If your talking about lowering the CPU hit while the screen is off, I find my phone lives in Deep Sleep most of the time (60-90% depending on use) so I wouldn't expect a great bump up with underclocking the lowest frequency; underclocking the max freq would definitely improve SOT since it stays there while screen is on (with Interactive Gov.). Undervolting may help (which I *think* can be done in the source with a hit to stability, but I wouldn't expect anything huge)
I used conservative with the max frequency set to 1.2GHZ for a while and it didn't make much difference. :confused:

EDIT: I just read that:
1. Android source code It's smaller than what I thought.
2. Using some commands can make the download smaller by only getting the branches I need.
3. Modifying the manifest to prevent installing unneeded toolchains and other stuff can make the download even smaller.

So I guess I should convince my parents to move the PC out of their room so I can try to build it lol.

Last edited:
ummm... it actually lloks fine to me. 1-2pixels may make it better, but it appears to be centered within the statusbar height. I actually run a custom launcher with the statusbar hidden, so not really an issue for me.
I've attached an old screenshot I found that was taken in CM12/CM12.1 (the gallery app) and a screenshot of my current LOS14.1 installation so you can see how the old icon is better aligned.

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_094637.jpg
    IMG_20170530_094637.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20170530-094710.jpg
    Screenshot_20170530-094710.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 145

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
So I guess I should convince my parents to move the PC out of their room so I can try to build it lol.
Or ask for a USB Drive for a Birthday present.;)
I've attached an old screenshot I found that was taken in CM12/CM12.1 (the gallery app) and a screenshot of my current LOS14.1 installation so you can see how the old icon is better aligned.
OK Now I see it. You should really try a substratum theme. The one I use on my other phone changes the status bar icons. I am actually tempted to copy its WiFi icon into my build.

Or ask for a USB Drive for a Birthday present.;)
We would have better equipment if we could, but the economical situation of our country is really bad. :p

OK Now I see it. You should really try a substratum theme. The one I use on my other phone changes the status bar icons. I am actually tempted to copy its WiFi icon into my build.
I think I'm going to make my own Susbtratum theme because I don't like the style of some icons (like the ? sign in the WiFi when it's turned on but not connected and the X in the signal indicator when it's disconnected) and I'd also like to have some O goodness. ;)

kc8sbs

May 31, 2017
Roscommon
A thanx to Ilichva

First off I would like to thank Ilichva for taking the time involved in developing for the xt907. I just love it when my friends show off a new phone and my 'ole Motorola has a newer OS! -Makes 'em mad ;)
I have been using the OS developed by Ilichva since CM13.x. I always update to
the newest TWRP before starting -currently (3.0.2-1)
Then Wipe EVERYTHING. Next I install his latest OS -Currently (Lineage14.1), immediately followed by the newest available gapps -(pico from opengapps).
I have never had 1 issue with anything, and as far as I can tell EVERYTHING works GREAT. Speedy too. Some pstore apps are not yet up to speed with Android 7.1.2 and may be some issues waiting for them to catch up with us, -(but that's alright by me!)

Once again, with newer TWRP-OS-GAPPS I have zero issues. 100% working with my xt907.
Thanx again Ilichva.... Kelly :good: :good: :good:

Reactions: ilichva

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
First off I would like to thank Ilichva for taking the time involved in developing for the xt907. ....
Thanx again Ilichva.... Kelly :good: :good: :good:
Your thanks should also be extended to the Lineage OS team. They are the actual Dev's. This XT907 ROM is a ported ROM, from the official XT897 lineage OS ROM.

Reactions: ilichva

ilichva

Dec 19, 2010

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

NicoKlius

May 27, 2016
San Juan Province.
hi ! i have a problem, when I flash LOS14.1 i have an " E:unknown command [log] " and when start it, the configuration, clock and google play have force close. any idea? thx.

i have twrp 3.0.2-1

i use Oppen Gapps with aroma. thx!

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
hi ! i have a problem, when I flash LOS14.1 i have an " E:unknown command [log] " and when start it, the configuration, clock and google play have force close. any idea? thx.

i have twrp 3.0.2-1

i use Oppen Gapps with aroma. thx!

Unknown command is a new thing with Nougat. It can be read by TWRP 3.1. the command has no importance so we ignore it.

Try open gapps pico. Not much memory in system for more than a minimum.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

mastnacek

May 16, 2011
My workflow:
In twrp, mount system, advanced wipe all except external sd.
Using DROID_RAZR_M_Utility_1.20, flash clean system, root, install latest twrp.
In twrp mount system, advanced wipe all except external sd.
Install 14.1, wipe cache and dalvik, install pico Gaaps, wipe cachce and dalvik.

After reboot wifi dont work.
Cant allow wifi. I try another installation without gapp and still cant allow wifi.

Last edited:
Its an older thread (Apr 2016), but I recently came across the following use of google cloud computing for free.
https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/guide-how-to-build-rom-google-cloud-t3360430

Of course downloading the finish zip would still be 400mb
Yeah, we don't have (easy/affordable) access to dollars and also Google rejects my mom's credit card (even though I used it a few years ago to buy a Developer Account, when we still had relatively easy access to dollars). I already ran out of choices. :crying:

NicoKlius

May 27, 2016
San Juan Province.
Screenshot_20170607-142125.png
Unknown command is a new thing with Nougat. It can be read by TWRP 3.1. the command has no importance so we ignore it.

Try open gapps pico. Not much memory in system for more than a minimum.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

hi, i still have problems with and without gapps, force close in system apps, randomly. Help!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

kb8no

Jan 29, 2012
Duluth MN
Link for latest TWRP 3.0.2-1:
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3316656

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I have been using the OS developed by Ilichva since CM13.x. I always update to
the newest TWRP before starting -currently (3.0.2-1). Then Wipe EVERYTHING. Next I install his latest OS -Currently (Lineage14.1), immediately followed by the newest available pico gapps from opengapps. I have never had 1 issue with anything, and as far as I can tell EVERYTHING works GREAT. Once again, with newer TWRP-OS-GAPPS I have zero issues. 100% working with my xt907.
I will be trying to install this on my sister's phone in 2 weeks. What is the experience of others with this Lineage 14.1?

1. What is the experience for flashing this ROM? Does this flashing process work for others? Is there another process that works better?

2. What is the experience of using this ROM for others who have successfully flashed it? Notably, what about WiFi?

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts