Basically this ROM is an experiment at building LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) specifically for an xt907 KKBL
How I built it:
- Set up a virtual Box (on Win7 64b) to build Lineage OS 14.1 (followed their instructions)
- Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/
- I used an existing xt907 KKBL device tree (https://github.com/LineageOS/android...motorola_xt907) it looks old, but I built a JBBL device tree based from this project, and that booted. I also built TWRP using this device tree, and I have been told that it works
Basically, I have done no "magic" here. If this ROM works, I may also be able to build crDroid & ResurrectionRemix Nougat as well. Actually, my JBBL from this device tree worked better for crDoid and RR than LOS
This is an experimental build of LineageOS 14.1, Android version 7.1.2, an experimental build for a non-official device (ie xt907 KKBL).
I personally do not have an xt907 with KKBL, but an xt905 with JBBL, so I can't easily test this KKBL ROM. PLEASE tell me if it works or not.
- It's LineageOS
- It's Nougat!
- It's for KKBL
- It's built from a device tree that I hacked into JBBL, and that booted
- A TWRP for KKBL was built using the same device tree, and I am told that that works
- It Builds
I have no idea if it boots as I don't have a KKBL installedSince I do not own an xt907 KKBL, I cannot test this zip personaly, and hope someone with an xt907 KKBL will try the zip and let me (and others) know if it works?
What I hope is that if this boots and runs, I will try building crDroid Nougat (and maybe ResurrectionRemix) for the xt907 KKBL. If they also work, I personally will up[grade to the KKBL (my JBBL version of crDroid has numerous FC's)
Credits: All credits go to LOS contributors and CM maintainers before them.
Almost forgot, Flash this ZIP at your own risk, the responsibility is all yours, it is provided as-is, with no garantees or whatever and I will not be held resonsible for any damage to your device or its data etc etc etc
1) Download the ZIP
2) Boot into TWRP recovery (I wou;d recomend updating to TWRP 3.x (see myh othere thread I have been told trhat it works)
3) Make a nandroid (you should definitely be going back) And remember, a nandroid is NOT 100%! if you don't understand this, maybe trying this is not for you.
4) Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
5) Flash update package (ie install the zip)
6) Flash GApps (probably Open GApps pico...) if it doesnt work, try a wipe and not flashing GApps (it helps with crDroid for JBBL)
6) Reboot to system
If it falls over, please get some logcats and post them on hastebin/pastebin etc etc NOT HERE, only the links. Hopefully we can fix it and have some highly customisable nougat ROM's for your device. And the steps to make it work may also be helpful for the next Android iteration.
Download Link: https://clicknupload.org/uvu9uknep9ku
And please post how you go with this ROM, either way, I would like to know if it works or not to decide if to build crDroid and/or RR. If it does work and crDroid does not, I may get around to building a non experimental build, with Overclocking enabled.