Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TWRP][v3.1.1][xt907][KKBL][EXPERIMENTAL]TWRP for xt907 KKBL EXPERIMENTAL build

1,313 posts
Thanks Meter: 344

By DiamondJohn, Senior Member on 7th August 2017, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
TEAMWIN TWRP v3.1.1 for the RAZR M KKBL (xt907 KKBL)

Built from source: http://github.com/minimal-manifest-t..._lineageos.git

All the usual prefaces to using this project. ie/eg I am not responsible for anything if you flash this zip in regards to your device or data etc etc etc

I have built this blindly (ie NO testing whatsoever) as I only have a JBBL device. It was easy for me to build since I have built a JBBL version, and I thought someone may find it useful IF it worked.

Please let me know if it works for you?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free

8th August 2017, 04:22 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

No-one has tried it?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
8th August 2017, 11:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Works like a charm for me
The Following User Says Thank You to Shmaks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shmaks Ad-Free
12th August 2017, 10:30 PM |#4  
Flag Maracay
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Worked like a charm here.
The Following User Says Thank You to trivialPotato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trivialPotato Ad-Free
13th August 2017, 10:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmaks

Works like a charm for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivialPotato

Worked like a charm here.

Now you just have to find a KKBL ROM to use it against but maybe this will be a case of now that a way to flash it has been made, "build it and they will come"
17th August 2017, 07:42 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works great so far, just about to try a lineage rom.
Quote:

TEAMWIN TWRP v3.1.1 for the RAZR M KKBL (xt907 KKBL)

Built from source: http://github.com/minimal-manifest-t..._lineageos.git

All the usual prefaces to using this project. ie/eg I am not responsible for anything if you flash this zip in regards to your device or data etc etc etc

I have built this blindly (ie NO testing whatsoever) as I only have a JBBL device. It was easy for me to build since I have built a JBBL version, and I thought someone may find it useful IF it worked.

Will keep you posted.
17th August 2017, 11:31 PM |#7  
Flag New Bern
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For anyone wanting to try this just a pointer. This isn't a TWRP flashable zip so you will need to use your computer to extract the IMG file and sideload using fastboot. Working great so far.
26th August 2017, 02:36 AM |#8  
Flag Kittery, Maine
Thanks Meter: 337

Donate to Me
More
Does this require an unlocked bootloader? I am rooted.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote:

Now you just have to find a KKBL ROM to use it against but maybe this will be a case of now that a way to flash it has been made, "build it and they will come"

I have XT907 KitKat 4.4. ready to try. Just need to know if I need an unlocked bootloader. That said, I am rooted.
26th August 2017, 04:43 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Does this require an unlocked bootloader? I am rooted.
I have XT907 KitKat 4.4. ready to try. Just need to know if I need an unlocked bootloader. That said, I am rooted.

you MUST have an unblocked bootloader to flash a custom recovery. ie this.
26th August 2017, 06:22 AM |#10  
Flag Kittery, Maine
Thanks Meter: 337

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

you MUST have an unblocked bootloader to flash a custom recovery. ie this.

I only asked because 1) wasn't mentioned in this thread specifically. 2) Not all devices require the bootloader be unlocked. 3) Why does it need to be a custom recovery? I still get confused about that from time to time because it just amazes me that it seems that's where things seem to always end up and sometimes seems to be a bit too convenient. I'm not vastly familiar with bootloader technology so that's where I scratch my head. I can install TWRP, get to all the settings and options, so why can't I just back up the proper files/imgs and flash the zip?

Looks like I'm going to have to rely on Sunshine then. I wish they accepted Bitcoin. It's that, or lose the phone to old age as it's components and functions fail slowly, one by one. I know I can reflash the stock firmware, it's been done a...few...times.

EDIT: Well s**t. Sunshine DOES accept Bitcoin. If I had known that ages ago...ugh
29th August 2017, 07:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Just wanted to pass on this TWRP build for KKBL worked great. I ended up "downgrading" to JBBL in order to load a current LineageOS build.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr3p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mr3p Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)