FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1][Official] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies (Updated 4/25/15)

328 posts
Thanks Meter: 204

By ktimque, Senior Member on 23rd November 2014, 08:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CM12.1 (5.1.1 Lollipop) Official nightly builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

*We are not responsible for any damage you or these builds do to your phone, flash at your own risk!

**Please note that I am just maintaining the thread, and do not take credit for these builds.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

These builds require SafeStrap v3.75 or later.

Downloads
CDMA/spyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=spyder
GSM/umtsspyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=umts_spyder

Contributors
gabhroo123, stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29, and others!
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
The Following 56 Users Say Thank You to ktimque For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktimque Ad-Free

23rd November 2014, 11:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Sweet thanks for starting a separate thread rather then diving for it hahaha although it was fun being all new and such(: and hey look I'm first.woot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HamBone625 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HamBone625 Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 11:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktimque

CM12.0 (5.0 Lollipop) Unofficial builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

* Boot to stock
* Start the old Safestrap-version
* Uninstall Recovery
* Uninstall the Safestrap APP (due to the different key)
* Install the "debug" Safestrap-version (signed with standard test-key)
* Install recovery again

If you enter recovery, the device will now also execute a new
kernel, so you will get the kexec-vibrate at this point, too.

This new Safestrap is fully compatible with old ROMs, you don't need
to downgrade if you want to install any old ROM.

Thank you for the tutorial.

Are calls working?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noe! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noe! Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 11:38 PM |#4  
Flag Salvador, Bahia
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Just a report
I accidentally installed this alpha version over a Kitkat install (AOPK) and for my surprise I haven't had any trouble at all, I have actually everything working just fine, all my apps and settings, no FCs... Well, this build are this good... Waiting patiently for bugs corrections like video acceleration... My phone is a rocky tester, keep the builds coming, I'll try to test and report them all...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I can't find an option to change between diferent users, I feel like it was removed, which could be explained by the lack of memory of our devices to keep two or more users at same time, even though I kind of wanna try it.... The lantern isnt working either, probably related to the camera stuff, and is just it...
23rd November 2014, 11:49 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarome

I accidentally installed this alpha version over a Kitkat install (AOPK) and for my surprise I haven't had any trouble at all, I have actually everything working just fine, all my apps and settings, no FCs... Well, this build are this good... Waiting patiently for bugs corrections like video acceleration... My phone is a rocky tester, keep the builds coming, I'll try to test and report them all...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I can't find an option to change between diferent users, I feel like it was removed, which could be explained by the lack of memory of our devices to keep two or more users at same time, even though I kind of wanna try it.... The lantern isnt working either, probably related to the camera stuff, and is just it...

Are you able to make calls and receive them?
24th November 2014, 12:40 AM |#6  
Flag Wonosobo
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Ive tried cm 12 on my stock slot with old safestrap (xt 910) and yeah calls works fine. I experience slow response when executing (opening and installing) apps. I ll try with new safestrap and report back. Quite nice room, ty devs for making this old phone rocks....

Hello me!! Its me again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to demonshouter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demonshouter Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 12:49 AM |#7  
Flag Salvador, Bahia
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe!

Are you able to make calls and receive them?

Yes, I forgot to mention but I use the XT910, after deleting cellbroadcastreceiver.apk (or something) I got signal 100% of the time with data (3g) and calls working like charming, nothing to complain in here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icarome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icarome Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 01:13 AM |#8  
Flag Pompano Beach
Thanks Meter: 1,488

More
CM12 Safe Strap question
Hey Guys,

I have 2 questions for installing CM12 on an XT912 Razr Phone.

Can any of you guys tell me what version of Safe Strap you are using? I still have Safe Strap 3.73 but I hear that one needs an update for it to use CM12 on an XT912 Razr phone. Is there a patch or update for Safe Strap and does it affect one's existing CM11 and stock installs?

How much partition size does one need to install the new CD12 Alpha on a Razr phone? Typically I use the following partition sizes for CM11:

Slot1 - CM11
System: 700 Mb
Data: 2,000 Mb
Cache: 300 Mb

Is this going to work for CM12 or should the partitions be larger? Since I have CM11 on slot 1 and stock is JB, will CM12 work on slot 2?

If you know, please respond. This would help me and others to get a good start on trying out the new CM12 Alpha builds. Thanks a lot for your testing and posting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ohmster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ohmster Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmster

Hey Guys,

I have 2 questions for installing CM12 on an XT912 Razr Phone.

Can any of you guys tell me what version of Safe Strap you are using? I still have Safe Strap 3.73 but I hear that one needs an update for it to use CM12 on an XT912 Razr phone. Is there a patch or update for Safe Strap and does it affect one's existing CM11 and stock installs?

How much partition size does one need to install the new CD12 Alpha on a Razr phone? Typically I use the following partition sizes for CM11:

Slot1 - CM11
Data: 2,000 Mb
Cache: 300 Mb

Is this going to work for CM12 or should the partitions be larger? Since I have CM11 on slot 1 and stock is JB, will CM12 work on slot 2?

If you know, please respond. This would help me and others to get a good start on trying out the new CM12 Alpha builds. Thanks a lot for your testing and posting!

As far as I understand, the new SafeStrap is needed for ROMs beyond 11/20.
I have the same setup as you: Stock is JB, Slot 1 is CM11 and now Slot 2 is CM12. Works perfectly.
I used these sizes:
Data: 2,300 Mb
Cache: 310 Mb (Somehow SS defaulted to 10MB and let me increment in units of 100MB.)

At a glance, CM12 seemed to use a bit more space out of the box than CM11, but I did not really do any in-depth analysis. Maybe it is just due to GApps package or ART or whatever.
I originally only had around 1700Mb available for data, and that was just almost enough for the limited number of apps that I have. There was less than 30mb left, and I could not update any apps.
I recreated the slot with 2300mb, and it has worked great.

Again, I have not done any in-depth analysis. These are just my observations.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gabhroo123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gabhroo123 Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:42 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabhroo123

As far as I understand, the new SafeStrap is needed for ROMs beyond 11/20.
I have the same setup as you: Stock is JB, Slot 1 is CM11 and now Slot 2 is CM12. Works perfectly.
I used these sizes:
Data: 2,300 Mb
Cache: 310 Mb (Somehow SS defaulted to 10MB and let me increment in units of 100MB.)

At a glance, CM12 seemed to use a bit more space out of the box than CM11, but I did not really do any in-depth analysis. Maybe it is just due to GApps package or ART or whatever.
I originally only had around 1700Mb available for data, and that was just almost enough for the limited number of apps that I have. There was less than 30mb left, and I could not update any apps.
I recreated the slot with 2300mb, and it has worked great.

Again, I have not done any in-depth analysis. These are just my observations.

Would you recommend using those sizes on Slot 1? Also, which GApps package are you using, and which apps come on it? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noe! For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Noe! Ad-Free
24th November 2014, 02:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,255

More
Thanks for the much needed CM12 thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcus Leper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bobcus Leper Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)