[ROM][5.1.1][Official] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies (Updated 4/25/15)

Search This thread

OGdroidster

Nov 29, 2015

Sciphone

Dec 12, 2009
Espoo
Hello

I have a question : I have been running stock jelly bean rooted on my razr maxx for almost 4 years and now I'm replacing my battery since its destroyed after charging it for months with an external battery.
So I'm about to flash a custom ROM at the same time to get last power out from this device.
The question is that should I flash the CM12 lollipop or this new CM13 Marshmallow? I'm looking for a stable from which got EVERYTHING WORKING. All the connections should work including the HDMI. Which one should I flash and could it be rooted easily? And which backup methods have you preferred?

Thanks

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
Hello

I have a question : I have been running stock jelly bean rooted on my razr maxx for almost 4 years and now I'm replacing my battery since its destroyed after charging it for months with an external battery.
So I'm about to flash a custom ROM at the same time to get last power out from this device.
The question is that should I flash the CM12 lollipop or this new CM13 Marshmallow? I'm looking for a stable from which got EVERYTHING WORKING. All the connections should work including the HDMI. Which one should I flash and could it be rooted easily? And which backup methods have you preferred?

Thanks

Change the battery first. You won't lose anything by changing the battery. I ran CM13 on my XT912 with no problems. I never used the HDMI on my phone, so you'll have to read the bugs reports in the threads regarding the roms you want to use.

Sciphone

Dec 12, 2009
Espoo
Thank you, but the problem is that I haven't found an concluding answer. There's just minimal information on the threads about the problems with the ROM's and also there's old comments about whats not working - they might have been fixed now. So I would like to hear if there's someone who has used MM or LP rom for months without any serious problems or shortage.

pearlheartgtr

Sep 5, 2010
LG V30
Thank you, but the problem is that I haven't found an concluding answer. There's just minimal information on the threads about the problems with the ROM's and also there's old comments about whats not working - they might have been fixed now. So I would like to hear if there's someone who has used MM or LP rom for months without any serious problems or shortage.

You know, you could always flash the rom and see if HDMI works. With this phone, you're flashing into slots and keeping your stock system intact. If things don't work, you just boot into recovery and switch slots, unless you flash over the stock slot. I ran LP and MM, each, for nearly a year and had no problems. I just never used HDMI.

mostafas60

Oct 25, 2012
You know, you could always flash the rom and see if HDMI works. With this phone, you're flashing into slots and keeping your stock system intact. If things don't work, you just boot into recovery and switch slots, unless you flash over the stock slot. I ran LP and MM, each, for nearly a year and had no problems. I just never used HDMI.
Hi Dear can you please help me i want to flash stock rom lollipop on my xt910 running jb how can i do this and is there any recommendation for cm

Cattress

Jan 10, 2015
Hello. I have been using Mokee 5.1.1 Spyder, CDMA, final build for a year now. I'm getting a lot of lag when launching an app , or switching to the home screen, as well as a really, really long delay for the keyboard to come up in the text messenger, as well as in Chrome, which has made browsing damn near impossible. I have Kernel Aduitor LMK set "very aggressive", and have tried Trimmer; also I have cleared individual app caches in settings, as well as wiped app cache and davlik cache in Safestrap. Oh, and I constantly have apps freeze for a few moments (10 seconds?), only to appear responsive a second before "app not responding, wait/report/close" window comes up. I have CatLog, but not much idea of what exactly I'm looking for, or what to do about anything I do see (I know how to look for warning/error/fatal, but that's about it) I was thinking about switching to CM 13- unless someone has a better recommendation- and thought that this plus a more recent GAPPS might fix some of this. I don't expect my old gal to be super snappy or without occasional glitches, but texting and browsing should be pretty smooth. I'm open to other suggestions as well- delete apps I want but could do without, just new gapps without ROM change, replace the external SD card- if these are likely to fix up my phone. Also, I'm not sure where to find the correct version for CM MM for my device since CM is going through a transformation, as best I can describe it? I know this is an ancient old device and it may take a little while for anyone to get back to me but any advice is greatly appreciated.

tzadkiel

Feb 15, 2015
Hello. I have been using Mokee 5.1.1 Spyder, CDMA, final build for a year now. I'm getting a lot of lag when launching an app , or switching to the home screen, as well as a really, really long delay for the keyboard to come up in the text messenger, as well as in Chrome, which has made browsing damn near impossible. I have Kernel Aduitor LMK set "very aggressive", and have tried Trimmer; also I have cleared individual app caches in settings, as well as wiped app cache and davlik cache in Safestrap. Oh, and I constantly have apps freeze for a few moments (10 seconds?), only to appear responsive a second before "app not responding, wait/report/close" window comes up. I have CatLog, but not much idea of what exactly I'm looking for, or what to do about anything I do see (I know how to look for warning/error/fatal, but that's about it) I was thinking about switching to CM 13- unless someone has a better recommendation- and thought that this plus a more recent GAPPS might fix some of this. I don't expect my old gal to be super snappy or without occasional glitches, but texting and browsing should be pretty smooth. I'm open to other suggestions as well- delete apps I want but could do without, just new gapps without ROM change, replace the external SD card- if these are likely to fix up my phone. Also, I'm not sure where to find the correct version for CM MM for my device since CM is going through a transformation, as best I can describe it? I know this is an ancient old device and it may take a little while for anyone to get back to me but any advice is greatly appreciated.
These are the old builds...
https://droid.cs.fau.de/Official_CM_Builds/spyder/
But lineageos is the successor... You should look into that thread...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM12.1 (5.1.1 Lollipop) Official nightly builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

*We are not responsible for any damage you or these builds do to your phone, flash at your own risk!

**Please note that I am just maintaining the thread, and do not take credit for these builds.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

These builds require SafeStrap v3.75 or later.

Downloads
    CDMA/spyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=spyder
    GSM/umtsspyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=umts_spyder

Contributors
    gabhroo123, stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29, and others!
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    Starting with the next nightlies-cycle, the Razrs should receive official CM12.0 builds :)
    Hi,

FYI Android 6.0.1 has been out for a couple of days now, and has been merged into the CM13 branch. Maybe we will see a new build soon? :good:

I actually want to test it on XT910 and fix hw-key-problems before releasing new builds, that will probably take a few days.

I will make CM-13 threads then, too.

Audio routing is a bit harder, still not sure why it is not switching (according to the log, it should). And it is using the wrong mic on phone calls.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

there are some changes in M which might prevent our old binary-blobs from Motorola from being used, which would mean no (official) CM M release for the Motorola Omap4 phones: https://plus.google.com/+ElliottHughes/posts/b1YGaarHsEU

I would assume that the base system is using the newest API-level which might cause the blobs to fail to load.

But before this can be tested, the source has to be merged into CM and working Nexus-nightlies have to be available (so I can be sure that it works on other phones).

And in regards to L: I'm currently torn if I should sign off on a snapshot-release for 12.1 because of the performance-problems...

Best regards,
    Michael
    Download was taking forever on the Dev-Host link. Thanks for the link.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Are you guys using any root apps? If so, are you using SuperSU?
    Yes. Here are the steps I took:
    * Download new safestrap
    * Download ROM
    * Download GApps
    * Download SuperSU
    * Boot into stock ROM/slot.
    * Open up SafeStrap
    * Uninstall recovery
    * Close SafeStrap
    * Uninstall SafeStrap
    * Install new Safestrap apk (downloaded earlier)
    * Open new SafeStrap (should say 3.75 on bottom-left)
    * Install new recovery (very important)
    * Once this is done, it should have a button to 'Reboot to recovery'. Click this.
    * After rebooting to recovery, create a new slot (or re-use existing one, your choice).
    * Install ROM, Gapps and SuperSU. This will take a while
    * Reboot. This will also take a while.