[ROM][5.1.1][Official] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies (Updated 4/25/15)

Search This thread

ktimque

Jul 5, 2011
CM12.1 (5.1.1 Lollipop) Official nightly builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

*We are not responsible for any damage you or these builds do to your phone, flash at your own risk!

**Please note that I am just maintaining the thread, and do not take credit for these builds.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

These builds require SafeStrap v3.75 or later.

Downloads
CDMA/spyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=spyder
GSM/umtsspyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=umts_spyder

Contributors
gabhroo123, stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29, and others!
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Last edited:

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
CM12.0 (5.0 Lollipop) Unofficial builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

* Boot to stock
* Start the old Safestrap-version
* Uninstall Recovery
* Uninstall the Safestrap APP (due to the different key)
* Install the "debug" Safestrap-version (signed with standard test-key)
* Install recovery again

If you enter recovery, the device will now also execute a new
kernel, so you will get the kexec-vibrate at this point, too.

This new Safestrap is fully compatible with old ROMs, you don't need
to downgrade if you want to install any old ROM.

Thank you for the tutorial.

Are calls working?

icarome

Oct 11, 2013
Salvador, Bahia
Just a report

I accidentally installed this alpha version over a Kitkat install (AOPK) and for my surprise I haven't had any trouble at all, I have actually everything working just fine, all my apps and settings, no FCs... Well, this build are this good... Waiting patiently for bugs corrections like video acceleration... My phone is a rocky tester, keep the builds coming, I'll try to test and report them all...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I can't find an option to change between diferent users, I feel like it was removed, which could be explained by the lack of memory of our devices to keep two or more users at same time, even though I kind of wanna try it.... The lantern isnt working either, probably related to the camera stuff, and is just it...

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
I accidentally installed this alpha version over a Kitkat install (AOPK) and for my surprise I haven't had any trouble at all, I have actually everything working just fine, all my apps and settings, no FCs... Well, this build are this good... Waiting patiently for bugs corrections like video acceleration... My phone is a rocky tester, keep the builds coming, I'll try to test and report them all...

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I can't find an option to change between diferent users, I feel like it was removed, which could be explained by the lack of memory of our devices to keep two or more users at same time, even though I kind of wanna try it.... The lantern isnt working either, probably related to the camera stuff, and is just it...

Are you able to make calls and receive them?

demonshouter

Mar 18, 2012
Wonosobo
Ive tried cm 12 on my stock slot with old safestrap (xt 910) and yeah calls works fine. I experience slow response when executing (opening and installing) apps. I ll try with new safestrap and report back. Quite nice room, ty devs for making this old phone rocks....

Hello me!! Its me again!!

Reactions: Noe!

Ohmster

Sep 5, 2011
Pompano Beach
CM12 Safe Strap question

Hey Guys,

I have 2 questions for installing CM12 on an XT912 Razr Phone.

Can any of you guys tell me what version of Safe Strap you are using? I still have Safe Strap 3.73 but I hear that one needs an update for it to use CM12 on an XT912 Razr phone. Is there a patch or update for Safe Strap and does it affect one's existing CM11 and stock installs?

How much partition size does one need to install the new CD12 Alpha on a Razr phone? Typically I use the following partition sizes for CM11:

Slot1 - CM11
System: 700 Mb
Data: 2,000 Mb
Cache: 300 Mb

Is this going to work for CM12 or should the partitions be larger? Since I have CM11 on slot 1 and stock is JB, will CM12 work on slot 2?

If you know, please respond. This would help me and others to get a good start on trying out the new CM12 Alpha builds. Thanks a lot for your testing and posting! :)

gabhroo123

Dec 11, 2012
Hey Guys,

Can any of you guys tell me what version of Safe Strap you are using? I still have Safe Strap 3.73 but I hear that one needs an update for it to use CM12 on an XT912 Razr phone. Is there a patch or update for Safe Strap and does it affect one's existing CM11 and stock installs?

How much partition size does one need to install the new CD12 Alpha on a Razr phone? Typically I use the following partition sizes for CM11:

Slot1 - CM11

Is this going to work for CM12 or should the partitions be larger? Since I have CM11 on slot 1 and stock is JB, will CM12 work on slot 2?

If you know, please respond. This would help me and others to get a good start on trying out the new CM12 Alpha builds. Thanks a lot for your testing and posting! :)

As far as I understand, the new SafeStrap is needed for ROMs beyond 11/20.
I have the same setup as you: Stock is JB, Slot 1 is CM11 and now Slot 2 is CM12. Works perfectly.
I used these sizes:
Data: 2,300 Mb
Cache: 310 Mb (Somehow SS defaulted to 10MB and let me increment in units of 100MB.)

At a glance, CM12 seemed to use a bit more space out of the box than CM11, but I did not really do any in-depth analysis. Maybe it is just due to GApps package or ART or whatever.
I originally only had around 1700Mb available for data, and that was just almost enough for the limited number of apps that I have. There was less than 30mb left, and I could not update any apps.
I recreated the slot with 2300mb, and it has worked great.

Again, I have not done any in-depth analysis. These are just my observations.

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
As far as I understand, the new SafeStrap is needed for ROMs beyond 11/20.
I have the same setup as you: Stock is JB, Slot 1 is CM11 and now Slot 2 is CM12. Works perfectly.
I used these sizes:
Data: 2,300 Mb
Cache: 310 Mb (Somehow SS defaulted to 10MB and let me increment in units of 100MB.)

At a glance, CM12 seemed to use a bit more space out of the box than CM11, but I did not really do any in-depth analysis. Maybe it is just due to GApps package or ART or whatever.
I originally only had around 1700Mb available for data, and that was just almost enough for the limited number of apps that I have. There was less than 30mb left, and I could not update any apps.
I recreated the slot with 2300mb, and it has worked great.

Again, I have not done any in-depth analysis. These are just my observations.

Would you recommend using those sizes on Slot 1? Also, which GApps package are you using, and which apps come on it? Thanks.

Reactions: Luny Lennon

gabhroo123

Dec 11, 2012
Would you recommend using those sizes on Slot 1? Also, which GApps package are you using, and which apps come on it? Thanks.
If those sizes worked on Slot 2, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work for Slot 1..
For GApps, I used these: https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps
You migth want to start with the the ones linked in thread #1 if that works. For me, the download kept getting stuck.

The ones I installed had the most of the google stuff. I don't remember exactly. I ended up uninstalling a bunch of them (play movies, books, games, etc). Again, I usually don't spend a whole lot of time looking for the "perfect" gapps. It is pretty easy to get the missing ones, and remove the ones that I don't care about.
Of course, that's just me. You can try searching for some lollippop GApps (xda/Google) and install the one that you prefer (and probably share it here to help the community).

Best of luck.

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
If those sizes worked on Slot 2, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work for Slot 1..
For GApps, I used these: https://s.basketbuild.com/gapps
You migth want to start with the the ones linked in thread #1 if that works. For me, the download kept getting stuck.

The ones I installed had the most of the google stuff. I don't remember exactly. I ended up uninstalling a bunch of them (play movies, books, games, etc). Again, I usually don't spend a whole lot of time looking for the "perfect" gapps. It is pretty easy to get the missing ones, and remove the ones that I don't care about.
Of course, that's just me. You can try searching for some lollippop GApps (xda/Google) and install the one that you prefer (and probably share it here to help the community).

Best of luck.

Download was taking forever on the Dev-Host link. Thanks for the link.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Are you guys using any root apps? If so, are you using SuperSU?

gabhroo123

Dec 11, 2012

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Yes. Here are the steps I took:
* Download new safestrap
* Download ROM
* Download GApps
* Download SuperSU
* Boot into stock ROM/slot.
* Open up SafeStrap
* Uninstall recovery
* Close SafeStrap
* Uninstall SafeStrap
* Install new Safestrap apk (downloaded earlier)
* Open new SafeStrap (should say 3.75 on bottom-left)
* Install new recovery (very important)
* Once this is done, it should have a button to 'Reboot to recovery'. Click this.
* After rebooting to recovery, create a new slot (or re-use existing one, your choice).
* Install ROM, Gapps and SuperSU. This will take a while
* Reboot. This will also take a while.

morr22066

Feb 19, 2011
Texas
Hey Guys,

Slot1 - CM11

From trying it myself and from what I have read about ART it seems to take up about 20-25% more space. I bumped up the system to 800 or 900 depending on the gapps you use (micro or full) and data to 2500 or more depending on the number of apps and how large they are or you may get the low storage space warning.

Reactions: Ohmster

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
* Download new safestrap
* Download ROM
* Download GApps
* Download SuperSU
* Open up SafeStrap
* Uninstall recovery
* Close SafeStrap
* Uninstall SafeStrap
* Once this is done, it should have a button to 'Reboot to recovery'. Click this.
* After rebooting to recovery, create a new slot (or re-use existing one, your choice).

Thanks for the tutorial. I didn't know if we had to use the beta of SuperSU. ETA of installation and bootup time?

gabhroo123

Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for the tutorial. I didn't know if we had to use the beta of SuperSU. ETA of installation and bootup time?
I didn't time it, but if I would say in the range of 1 hour for the entire process once you have all the required files downloaded to the device.

Once you boot, give it a few minutes to settle down and install any updates. Also, more time if you are restoring apps automatically from the play store.
It was great that Google let me pick the apps that I want to be restored when setting up the phone. Super helpful.

Since this is bumping a full major version, I wouldn't use Titanium Backup for restoring anything unless critical.

Reactions: Noe!

Noe!

Sep 27, 2013
I didn't time it, but if I would say in the range of 1 hour for the entire process once you have all the required files downloaded to the device.

Once you boot, give it a few minutes to settle down and install any updates. Also, more time if you are restoring apps automatically from the play store.
It was great that Google let me pick the apps that I want to be restored when setting up the phone. Super helpful.

Since this is bumping a full major version, I wouldn't use Titanium Backup for restoring anything unless critical.

I assume this is because of ART right? Anyways, thank you for help.

stargo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
Fürth
Hi,

As Cache is no longer used by the system, I decided to reduce the minimum size to 10MB. There is no point in wasting space for a partition which will only ever hold a few kB.

Cheers,
Michael

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hi Paul,

You need the new Safestrap you can find here: http://droid.cs.fau.de/Safestrap/
Please read the README.txt (also included in the first post).

Slot1 - CM11

Is this going to work for CM12 or should the partitions be larger?

Yes, that's fine. No need for bigger partitions.
Just use the default for cache (10MB) and don't increase it.

Since I have CM11 on slot 1 and stock is JB, will CM12 work on slot 2?

I'm pretty sure it will work just fine in Slot 2. (I had it there at first and then accidentally overwrote Slot 1, because I didn't pay attention, so now I'm using Slot 1)

Cheers,
Michael

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM12.1 (5.1.1 Lollipop) Official nightly builds for the Droid Razr (CDMA/GSM)

*We are not responsible for any damage you or these builds do to your phone, flash at your own risk!

**Please note that I am just maintaining the thread, and do not take credit for these builds.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

These builds require SafeStrap v3.75 or later.

Downloads
    CDMA/spyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=spyder
    GSM/umtsspyder: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=umts_spyder

Contributors
    gabhroo123, stargo, Hashcode, Dhacker29, and others!
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    Starting with the next nightlies-cycle, the Razrs should receive official CM12.0 builds :)
    Hi,

FYI Android 6.0.1 has been out for a couple of days now, and has been merged into the CM13 branch. Maybe we will see a new build soon? :good:

I actually want to test it on XT910 and fix hw-key-problems before releasing new builds, that will probably take a few days.

I will make CM-13 threads then, too.

Audio routing is a bit harder, still not sure why it is not switching (according to the log, it should). And it is using the wrong mic on phone calls.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

there are some changes in M which might prevent our old binary-blobs from Motorola from being used, which would mean no (official) CM M release for the Motorola Omap4 phones: https://plus.google.com/+ElliottHughes/posts/b1YGaarHsEU

I would assume that the base system is using the newest API-level which might cause the blobs to fail to load.

But before this can be tested, the source has to be merged into CM and working Nexus-nightlies have to be available (so I can be sure that it works on other phones).

And in regards to L: I'm currently torn if I should sign off on a snapshot-release for 12.1 because of the performance-problems...

Best regards,
    Michael

* Download new safestrap
    * Download ROM
    * Download GApps
    * Download SuperSU
    * Open up SafeStrap
    * Uninstall recovery
    * Close SafeStrap
    * Uninstall SafeStrap