** Standard Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using the tools or info available on this thread, That being said always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
ONLY for DROID RAZR XT912 & XT912 MAXX. Do NOT use this on an XT910!
1. Windows Computer
2. Fully Charged XT912 Razr or XT912 Razr Maxx - ONLY (if you try this with any other devices it may hard brick it.)
3. Download Zip
MD5 CHECKSUM cm_13_rom: 836D864F9D3595A925994B2417D698A7 gapps_6.0: BFBA33704DDEE2EF2194E28B742DDB31
1. Get started:
**ATTENTION **STOP Check your phone... MAKE SURE it's fully charged!!
1. Open the Drivers [REQUIRED] folder and Install the Motorola Drivers, use the 32 or 64 bit which ever corresponds to your computers operating system. To find out this info, go to the download folder and double click on the system - shortcut.
2. Power on phone & plug in USB cable to the computer. Navigate to the apps folder, find the settings app, open the Security menu and enable unknown sources.
3. Make sure the phone is connected in MTP mode, Open device manager - shortcut OR The devices and printers - shortcut, If the drivers were installed successfully you will see the device without any yellow exclamation marks. Should look like this in the device manager.
4. Are you unfortunate and have this yellow exclamation? No worries!
5. To fix, right click on the Motorola USB Networking Driver with the yellow exclamation mark and select Update Driver Software.
6. Select Browse my computer for driver software
7. Select Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
8. Select Motorola USB Networking Driver press next.
9. If you get this message select install driver anyways, once installed you will get a Windows has successfully updated your driver software
10. Go back to the Device manager it should now be corrected
2. Restore Official Jellybean Firmware:
(This will delete Root, Safestrap, Recovery & All Rom slots back to factory)
1. Put the phone into fastboot mode, Power off phone, once phone is powered off HOLD DOWN BOTH VOL BUTTONS & THE POWER BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME, once in the boot load selection press volume down button 2 times then volume up button 1 time to start AP fastboot mode.
2. Go to download folder and install RSD_Lite program, Open RSD and connect the phone to the cable/computer, Select the cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16_1ff.xml and press open. You should see the output like so if everything loaded correctly.
3. Press Start. This can take a bit to complete grab a coffee and read a book.....
4. At this point the phone should be booted back up and RSD output should read "Please manually power up this phone". If your phone continues to boot loop try and re-flash the device with RSD_light again. If it still continues to boot loop then you will have to flash via "fastboot recovery image".
3. Razr Blade Root:
1. With the phone On, Open the apps folder, Find and open the settings app, Scroll to the bottom and open the about phone menu. Scroll down and find the link that says build number 9.8.2O-72_VZW-16 and short press it 5 times and it should your steps away from being a developer. Once you have enabled developer options, press the back button 1 time, Open Developer options menu and enable USB Debugging.
2. Plug phone into cable/computer, navigate to the Download folder, open the Root folder and double click on the run.bat file. The exploit will open and prompt to Press any key to continue. . . Once connected it will run the script and during this process the script will give you explicit instructions what to do.
3. How to add battery saver. Open the apps menu, open Smart Actions app, Press get Started, Add new SmartAction, press battery saver, Save.
Watch the razr blade exploit run the script to make sure it completes each line of command without errors. if errors occur re-run the exploit again and it should work the 2nd time. The exploit must finish successfully without any errors or you WILL NOT have root. Once successful the phone will be rooted. (DO NOT ADD THE BATTERY SAVER SMART ACTION BEFORE YOU RUN THE EXPLOIT!!)
4. Install Safestrap w/ TWRP Recovery:
1. Open apps menu, settings app, scroll down to the bottom select Developer options, Make sure USB debugging is DISABLED. Now Go to the top were the time, battery level, wfi icon etc and with your finger swipe it down select File Transfers to windows or mac (MTP). You should now see the XT912 in Devices and drives.
2. Open the Motorola folder, Go to the Download folder and copy and paste the Safestrap.apk, cm-13.0-20160820-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO0J7-spyder.zip & open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20160916.zip into the internal storage. It should look like this.
3. Open apps menu, go into the settings, scroll down and open Security & Screen Lock, scroll down and turn on Unknown sources.
4. Open apps menu, Files app, select Device storage, select Safestrap.apk and install, use the package installer to install it, you will get a message from super user asking for permissions to be granted, Uncheck the "ask me again next time" box and select GRANT. It may ask you several times for su permissions go ahead and do the same thing each time. Once finished it should say State: Installed
5. Recovery: Setup Rom-Slots
1. Now you should be booted into Safestrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.10) Recovery. Next select Boot Options, Choose ROM-Slot-1, Create ROM Slot, This can take a little bit so grab a refreshment. Once finished Set Nickname your new partition press Go. I recommended re-naming it for when your switching back and fourth from different custom ROM's you know which rom is which. Hit your back button and you should see your new Rom-slot with the updated name.
6. Install Android 6.0.1 (CM13)
1. Choose your boot ROM (highlighted is active), if its not active go ahead and Activate.Select Install, scroll down select cm-13.0-20160820-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO0J7-spyder.zip. Next choose Add More Zips and add open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20160916.zip and then swipe to Confirm Flash. Att: Ignore This operation may install incompatible software and render our device unusable. Once the CM13 rom-slot has finished flashing, Reboot, System. This may take 5 minutes, if it takes longer then 15 mins its probably in a boot loop and needs to be wiped and reflashed. If the Rom flashed successfully you will be greeted with CM13 Welcome screen.
7. Install Kodi & Ares Project
1. Navigate to the Apps menu and open Google Play Store and download Kodi 17.4.1 Krypton.
2. Watch video how to install repository.