FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

digging in to get it sorted ( partitions)

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hockeyshifter, Junior Member on 1st March 2019, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
my first post .. so be gentile... i have a xt912 ( verizon) and i dont know what the kernel name is ... but i know its 4.1 ( ICS / kitkat ).. the device is stuck in a boot loop and has not been rooted .. it is STOCK and only the OTA's were appllied ... that issue will be sorted out later when i attemp to upgrade the device to a more current kernel ..
but i need to know is it possible to access the device with it stuck in a boot loop to pull off and to back up externally some needed files and or folder.
and if so how is it done???? i do know that linux and android dont play well together and this must be done from Windows. machine ..

thanks .. and cheers

5th March 2019, 12:05 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshifter

my first post .. so be gentile... i have a xt912 ( verizon) and i dont know what the kernel name is ... but i know its 4.1 ( ICS / kitkat ).. the device is stuck in a boot loop and has not been rooted .. it is STOCK and only the OTA's were appllied ... that issue will be sorted out later when i attemp to upgrade the device to a more current kernel ..
but i need to know is it possible to access the device with it stuck in a boot loop to pull off and to back up externally some needed files and or folder.
and if so how is it done???? i do know that linux and android dont play well together and this must be done from Windows. machine ..

thanks .. and cheers

The locked bootloader is going to prevent most of what you want to do.
You could try booting stock recovery, wipe cache and reboot.

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)