FORUMS

[recovery][port][(un-)official][kinzie] twrp 3.2.1-0

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By Xadro, Senior Member on 1st February 2016, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After a long time of trying to get things right, i finally got things right.

So here it is:

TWRP RECOVERY 3.2.1-0 FOR THE MOTO X FORCE (KINZIE)

This is an actual port and not a recompile of a different version for another device.
It is not yet official but i intend to submit my device tree, so it gets official.
It is probably never going to be official, but i'll try and provide frequent updates.

Everything *should* work, as far as i was able to test.
I am not sure about encryption though, as i have not encrypted my device, nor do i intend to do so atm.
Encryption should be ok now. (TWRP team has put a lot of effort in this).
Encrypted partitions cannot be read atm.

This would probably also work for the Droid 2 Turbo, if someone finds a way to unlock the BL.

I will try to maintain TWRP for this device, fixes may take a while though as i am not having a lot of time to work on this.

Installation:

1. Unlock your device

2. Download the image

3. Power off the phone

4. Boot to fastboot (VOL DN + POWER)

5. plug your usb cable install via fastboot:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.2.1-0_Kinzie.img
If you want to keep OTA Update ability you can also temporary boot to TWRP. You would have to repeat this step everytime you want to go to TWRP then:

Code:
fastboot boot TWRP_3.2.1-0_Kinzie.img

Download here:
Version 3.2.1-0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/o6gcj4...1-0_Kinzie.img

Version 3.1.1-0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y2k08c...1-0_Kinzie.img

Version 3.1.0-0
https://www.mediafire.com/?7h4u37ddiohwy45

Credits go out to the people of Teamwin Recovery project for creating this nice piece of software!
And credits go to @Arasthel, who is a great dev!

Official Changelog 3.2.1-0

Fixes for kinzie:
- USB OTG now working
- TWRP internal folder should be now accessible via /sdcard symlink
- cm updater is reporting device correctly now as kinzie
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Xadro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xadro Ad-Free
1st February 2016, 09:27 PM |#2  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Amazing, the most beautiful and wanted TWRP version! Tested and working perfectly! Using it as my recovery, not boot only.

Enviado de meu XT1580 usando Tapatalk
1st February 2016, 09:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Awesome! It's cool to have an actual port and to know that you will try to maintain it so we can have future updates .

I'm curious, though. What is the difference between this and clark recovery? Did you build it with the latest motorola kernel, which includes msm8994 support or make some BoardConfig changes? I mean, they share the same config and base kernel, at least, the basics that make TWRP work - wifi and other modules are a whole different story, but they are not needed for recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arasthel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arasthel Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 12:28 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arasthel

Awesome! It's cool to have an actual port and to know that you will try to maintain it so we can have future updates .

I'm curious, though. What is the difference between this and clark recovery? Did you build it with the latest motorola kernel, which includes msm8994 support or make some BoardConfig changes? I mean, they share the same config and base kernel, at least, the basics that make TWRP work - wifi and other modules are a whole different story, but they are not needed for recovery.

To be honest, differences are marginal at this point, as of now we've got the fstabs by-name assignments there is almost no way of messing things up with partition assignments (which is kinda the no. 1 thing to do right in recovery). At the moment i am still using a prebuilt kernel and ramdisk i extracted from the device, because when i started building the device tree the kernel sources haven't been available. And when they finally were i decided to first fix the issues i already had, before introducing new ones. The whole graphics sub routines of TWRP (minuitwrp) recently had undergone a pretty big overhaul and so we've lost ability to flip screen on the way. I recently made a patch to fix this for overlay devices (which the kinzie is), and since then, TWRP is running fine on the native kinzie build. The overhaul also made the use of a custom graphics.c obsolete. (I suspect you had to use that?) I made the device tree mostly from scratch, only looking at similiarities at trees from hima and clark. (Hima has msm8994 too, clark has a different chipset as you know, but is a moto device).

You can have a look at it here. Please note that this is not absolute latest configuration (haven't uploaded it yet) and it still needs a little cleanup before submission. After that, i am going to throw in kernel sources from motorola and fetch the prebuilts necessary.

If you are interested in learning more you can contact me via PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xadro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xadro Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 03:07 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Just flashed and working 100%. Moto X force BR version.
The Following User Says Thank You to marzliak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marzliak Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 01:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Thx a lot dude just flashed and working.

no more upside/down issue

and nice theme btw
5th February 2016, 02:17 PM |#7  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Thanks a lot mate! working as expected.
5th February 2016, 03:57 PM |#8  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Perfect and beauty one! Thanks!
9th February 2016, 08:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Xadro, just to let you know that the OTG is not working yet. Tried several things but no good yet. If you need some one to test some workarounds just let me know.
10th February 2016, 10:31 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzliak

Xadro, just to let you know that the OTG is not working yet. Tried several things but no good yet. If you need some one to test some workarounds just let me know.

I'll look into it as soon as I can. Might also be a general issue in twrp.
10th February 2016, 03:35 PM |#11  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks for this @Xadro . I just received my Moto X Force yesterday, it's great to see this available.

One thing I noticed is that the /sdcard/TWRP folder doesn't seem to be accessible (tried ES File Ex and Android terminal). Android Terminal displayed 'do not have permission' ls -al showed normal perms for the directory
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)