Replacement Shattershield Lenses Forever Out Of Stock? Advice Needed.

Search This thread

FireGuy0723

Jan 17, 2015
New Hampshire
New user, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

I need some advice. I've been trying to obtain a replacement shattershield lens for my Droid Turbo 2 for a few months now. Every time I check the Motorola website they are out of stock. I've contacted Motorola support and they have no updates for me and keep telling me to buy it from a third party seller, which I have yet to find anyone else that sells the Shattershield replacement kit. Motorola specifically told me to go to Verizon for a replacement shattershield and Verizon came back with one of their "Flexiable glass screen protectors" which isn't the same thing.

Does anyone know of anywhere else to buy these Shattershield lenses? Motorola support is useless. Verizon support is useless.

I'm trying to replace it because mine has become so scratched that its getting hard to see the screen clearly. If I ever do finally get the shattershield replaced, I'll be getting an actual screen protector to go on top of it for sure.

I'm getting tossed around in a loop beteween Motorola and Verizon support. What can I do from here?

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2012
Graz
In a german forum, they said this is exactly the same:
goo .gl /hgHnD8 (I had to put in some space, because no links are allowed)

I bought two of these. but I i have no idea if they are the same, because my Display has no scratches hehe

lonixlon

Oct 23, 2011
Explosion proof thin Anti Scratch top quanlity waterproof protective Film For MOTO X Force XT1580 1585Clear LCD Screen Protector
http://s.aliexpress.com/MbY3Uveu
(from AliExpress Android)

Got these on Ali express they're pretty close but I'm sure they're fake, anyway, should do the job, has the Verizon logo though

Reactions: capedukewuhaha

TimeDoor72

Oct 30, 2014

Thanks for the links.

I bought one to try, unfortunately it's not a shattershield replacement exactly, it's just a usual screen protector cut exactly to the shape of a replacement. You could try it, but I wouldn't recommend replacing the old shattershield (like I did, as my current one had scratches). It also degraded the clarity of the screen a bit.

Great if you just want a screen protector film and you don't want it to show though.

kingofdirt

Mar 14, 2011
Dresden, Germany
I'm from germany and wanted to replace the lens of my Moto X Force.
I could find any sellers of the original replacement lens, so I just called the german Motorola Support.
They sent me an original shattershield lens for free. :) It arrived yesterday.

Reactions: thewire1o1

mniedziel

Feb 25, 2012
I received mine few months ago also for free from UK Moto support.[emoji4]

Wysłane z mojego moto x4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts