FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Warning..!! Verizon Tempered Glass Protectors

474 posts
Thanks Meter: 88

By tecsironman, Senior Member on 6th January 2016, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Don't buy it. The edges don't stick around camera area and breaks way to easy. I bought one and still have it on the phone but the corner is cracked and is spreading.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7th January 2016, 12:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Yea its garbage ..and Verizon told me they offer a free replacement if it ever messed up or cracked ..went in a week later with the edges peeling up and top cracked like yours and they played dumb like they never said they would replace it ...and it was 20 bucks ....never again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juggamonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juggamonkey Ad-Free
7th January 2016, 02:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggamonkey

they played dumb like they never said they would replace it

I NEVER buy accessories from the Verizon stores. There is heavy pressure on employees to meet sales goals so many lie like crazy.
7th January 2016, 02:53 AM |#4  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Yeah - Had the same issue with mine. Also went ahead and bought a .2mm or whatever from Amazon. Had spider cracks within hours with normal usage. Emailed the rep, got a new one and the same thing happened. For $7 it was worth the trial. Still waiting on a solid one.
7th January 2016, 01:42 PM |#5  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Bought mine from amazon last week (just got my "like new Turbo" on 12/30) and havent had any issues, although around the edges you can see where it isnt stuck down. From what I think i remember reading, the screen is curved (slightly?) so it wont sit flat on the screen. Its not that bad, maybe 2mm at its largest gap. I just hope it protects it when it needs it.
9th January 2016, 05:19 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
I just ordered some military grade screen protectors. I had one for my droid ultra and loved it. I like the Tempered Glass but really don't like how the edges don't adhere to the phone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
13th January 2016, 12:55 PM |#7  
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 31

More
So mine cracked Monday night. I didnt even drop the phone or anything (that I recall) so maybe it was just because it was in my pocket and flexed from sitting down or something?? Apparently theres a lifetime warranty... so Ill see about getting another one under the warranty. Heres the one i had.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
24th January 2016, 10:34 PM |#8  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Was it a Verizon brand? or the Zag brand? I had a Zag on my Note 4 and after a month, it started to crack.... I won't put a screen protector on my phone... Hell you better off just being careful or but in a case the comes with a screen protector attached..
29th June 2016, 05:08 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've had great experiences so far with tempered glass screen protectors. I ordered mine off Amazon because it was cheaper, but my local Wireless Zone (certified Verizon retailer) is great with replacements for screen protectors and stuff. Whenever my phone goes for a swim (this happens often), they always provide me with a free, no questions asked loaner (I could easily walk away with it) until mine dries out or I get a new one. Obviously, this could just be the local owner, but I have nothing bad to say about them.
27th November 2016, 08:52 PM |#10  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I had one put on at the Verizon store when I bought my Turbo. Still on there and no cracks, and no problems with separation around the edges. I believe that your success depends on how good the tech was that put it on. If they don't get the screen cleaned adequately then they will not stick down.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)