[ROM][6.0.1][Stock][Odexed]MPG24.107-70.2 Brazilian 6.0.1 for XT1254[TWRP Flashable]

Search This thread

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
Stock 6.0.1 MPG24.107-70.2 (Brazil) for Verizon XT1254

I adapted factory 6.0.1 Marshmallow, specifically the Brazilian firmware, to work on Verizon XT1254 Droid Turbo's along with BHB27 kernel so that Wi-Fi works. Basically all I have done is modify the build.prop so that Verizon's CDMA works. I tested with SU4TL-49 radio and bootloader, but there shouldn't be an issue with SU4TL-44. The stock Brazilian firmware is actually usable on Droid Turbos without modifications (BHB27 Kernel is needed for Wi-Fi), but only for Droid Turbo users on GSM carriers.

ROM is not debloated, the few Brazilian apps/apps not found in the Droid Turbo's stock firmware are still in this ROM. I have included a debloat script which removes the following:
BookmarkProvider, BrApps, PartnersBookmarkProvider, BodyGuardApp, DemoMode, GuideMe, NuanceTTS, WapPushSI
Included in the script is also everything I personally removed. They are disabled by default. To enable any of them, extract the .zip and in the META-INF -> com -> google -> android -> updater-script, delete the "#" that I inserted before each line that you want re-enabled. That "#" before the line turns the code into a comment.

Major stock functionality that I have confirmed working as it should: Moto Display, Approach to wake, Wi-Fi, mobile data (LTE/3G), calls, etc., no Verizon VoLTE (yet). I have not tested Moto Voice as I do not use Moto Voice, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I tried deodexing the stock ROM, but Moto Actions, Moto Display, and Moto Voice continually force close.

There likely will not be any updates to this ROM as it is only a stock ROM with build.prop edits to make it usable on Droid Turbo XT1254s. If in the future I figure out how to port VoLTE, it will come in the form of a TWRP flashable zip.

Installation instructions:
  • Download ROM and BHB27 v200-8-M kernel
  • Reboot into TWRP
  • Make a TWRP of System, Data, and Boot (Optional, but recommended)
  • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache
  • Flash ROM, then flash BHB27 v200-8-M kernel
  • Reboot system
For root/Xposed (I have only tested with SuperSU v2.76 and Xposed v86, use older versions at your own risk. If you flashed BHB27 kernel v2.0.2-1 or newer, follow the instructions in that thread. Installing SuperSU is different for the newer kernel versions.):
  • Complete the setup wizard
  • Reboot TWRP
  • Flash SuperSU v2.76/ Xposed v86
  • Reboot system
Debloat script:
  • Flash debloat script
  • Reboot system

Download links:
MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip (MEGA)
MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip (GDrive)(Mirror)
MD5 Checksum: d845669f21dd300c55c6eb3d931a1c68
BHB27 Kernel
Moto G4 Camera for those interested
SuperSU
Xposed
Debloat_Script_for_MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip

For those who like to use a smaller DPI than stock 640 DPI, Moto Display will look broken, and if you use the Moto G4 camera, the shutter button will not work. Use the Xposed Module "App Settings" and set Moto Display and Moto Display System Process to 640 DPI, and for the Moto G4 camera set it to 480 DPI.

I have also noticed a bug with GravityBox's QuickSettings management, where adding QS tiles adds all, none, or some disappear. This is out of my control.

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/UqgC8pC.png
http://i.imgur.com/3IfOsf5.png

Big thank you to @junior_ilha and @baybutcher27, whose Brazilian 6.0.1 soak 4 TWRP backup and BHB27 v200-x-M kernel, respectively, prompted me to take on this project. Also thank you to testers/users of my original "ROM" build, the TWRP backup.

Last edited:

pyromaniac1

Sep 23, 2011
Yay Finally!

I saw your comment on reddit today about the brazilian version. I think you made that months back and it was in the general thread. Kudos mate!

Reactions: iiWoodstocK

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
I didn't include any of my VoLTE files because they don't work. The stock Brazilian firmware doesn't have them either, so VoLTE won't work. I plan on looking at the Indian Moto Turbo firmware to see if it has the IMS files since IIRC, India uses VoLTE.

I'll be making a VoLTE tests/findings thread a little later, and I'll explain in depth what my numerous VoLTE flashables accomplish, but none of them get actual working VoLTE, just settings that are required for VoLTE.
on hold

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve One

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I didn't include any of my VoLTE files because they don't work. The stock Brazilian firmware doesn't have them either, so VoLTE won't work. I plan on looking at the Indian Moto Turbo firmware to see if it has the IMS files since IIRC, India uses VoLTE.

I'll be making a VoLTE tests/findings thread a little later, and I'll explain in depth what my numerous VoLTE flashables accomplish, but none of them get actual working VoLTE, just settings that are required for VoLTE.

Really? India has VoLTE? Interesting.

Won't help me on AT&T GoPhone, however, unless there's some build prop edit that will hack it. ;) AT&T limits VoLTE to postpaid customers on certain phones.

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
Really? India has VoLTE? Interesting.

Won't help me on AT&T GoPhone, however, unless there's some build prop edit that will hack it. ;) AT&T limits VoLTE to postpaid customers on certain phones.
India as a country uses VoLTE (some devices), but I just extracted the Indian Moto Turbo 6.0.1 firmware and it doesn't have any IMS files.

And its probably not possible to "enable" VoLTE if the carrier/plan doesn't allow it, even if the device supports VoLTE. I assume most carriers do VoLTE similar to the way T-Mobile does VoLTE. T-Mobile utilized band 12 LTE as their VoLTE, and while all compatible devices are welcome on T-Mobile, only devices that are whitelisted are allowed access to band 12. I would think other carriers do something similar, where they whitelist supported VoLTE devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: koftheworld

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Quark Marshmallow with Verizon radio

Hmmmm... as much as everyone has been pining for Marshmallow factory image for their XT1254, I'm surprised no one else (except the creator, @iiWoodstocK) has flashed this and reported back.

This is factory Quark Marshmallow with Verizon radio. [EDIT: this file doesn't contain the Verizon radio but will work whatever radio you have installed. IF you have Verizon radio installed on the XT1254, you will still have Verizon radio AND have Marshmallow Motorola factory image.]

No, it won't give you VoLTE right now, but it will give you everything else -- Moto Display, etc. It's PURE Motorola Marshmallow before Verizon gives you Marshmallow.

Major stock functionality that I have confirmed working as it should: Moto Display, Approach to wake, Wi-Fi, mobile data (LTE/3G), calls, etc. No Verizon VoLTE (yet). I have not tested Moto Voice as I do not use Moto Voice, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
Hmmmm... as much as everyone has been pining for Marshmallow factory image for their XT1254, I'm surprised no one else (except the creator, @iiWoodstocK) has flashed this and reported back.

This is factory Quark Marshmallow with Verizon radio.

No, it won't give you VoLTE right now, but it will give you everything else -- Moto Display, etc. It's PURE Motorola Marshmallow before Verizon gives you Marshmallow.
Yup, lol. Eh, that's fine. Aside from the Moto Suite, and primarily Moto Display and Moto Voice, stock doesn't really offer anything that CM 13 can't. This late in the game its harder for people to move to a new ROM.

Honestly, even though I made it, I don't even want to use it, LOL. It's actually maybe slightly better on battery than the custom ROMs, but I dislike Moto Display, and since the custom ROMs have Ambient Display that utilizes the IR sensors, I prefer that. I like Ambient Display more than Moto Display, plus I miss the customization that RR offers, something that I can't completely recreate with Xposed, GravityBox, etc.

Also, little nitpick, this ROM is just factory Marshmallow with a modded build.prop. I didn't include any radio in the .zip, so it uses whatever is currently on the device. Aside from my build.prop tweaks, this ROM is even usable for Brazilian XT1225 users, but the device will say it's a Droid Turbo and contain useless CDMA build.prop lines.

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
I've used this and my own soak 4 custom, but I don't anymore. Without volte I just can't. I'm looking into some nexus 6 info, but I'm not hopeful of anything prior to an official release. Honestly i think bb was right in saying that there is a better chance of implementing volte on cm13/rr than current stock options, but i haven't looked at that angle in months.

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
I've used this and my own soak 4 custom, but I don't anymore. Without volte I just can't. I'm looking into some nexus 6 info, but I'm not hopeful of anything prior to an official release. Honestly i think bb was right in saying that there is a better chance of implementing volte on cm13/rr than current stock options, but i haven't looked at that angle in months.
In theory, implementing VoLTE on CM/CM based ROMs would be easier since it would be like implementing on stock AOSP ROM, as opposed to a slightly customized OEM ROM I haven't gotten any of the VoLTE settings to work on my stock ROM/the soak 4 TWRP backup I had previously, however I've gotten the settings to work on RR. I have one more test with this ROM and a VoLTE zip I've made from the Droid Turbo 2's Marshmallow, then I'll be making a thread to document VoLTE tests.

pyromaniac1

Sep 23, 2011
Yup, lol. Eh, that's fine. Aside from the Moto Suite, and primarily Moto Display and Moto Voice, stock doesn't really offer anything that CM 13 can't. This late in the game its harder for people to move to a new ROM.

Honestly, even though I made it, I don't even want to use it, LOL. It's actually maybe slightly better on battery than the custom ROMs, but I dislike Moto Display, and since the custom ROMs have Ambient Display that utilizes the IR sensors, I prefer that. I like Ambient Display more than Moto Display, plus I miss the customization that RR offers, something that I can't completely recreate with Xposed, GravityBox, etc.

Also, little nitpick, this ROM is just factory Marshmallow with a modded build.prop. I didn't include any radio in the .zip, so it uses whatever is currently on the device. Aside from my build.prop tweaks, this ROM is even usable for Brazilian XT1225 users, but the device will say it's a Droid Turbo and contain useless CDMA build.prop lines.

Whoa I didn't know the sensors worked with Ambient display. Can you then, like turn off the sensors as well?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
. It's actually maybe slightly better on battery than the custom ROMs, but I dislike Moto Display, and since the custom ROMs have Ambient Display that utilizes the IR sensors, I prefer that. I like Ambient Display more than Moto Display, plus I miss the customization that RR offers, something that I can't completely recreate with Xposed, GravityBox, etc.

Whoa I didn't know the sensors worked with Ambient display. Can you then, like turn off the sensors as well?

Motorola Quark CM and CM-based ROMs IR sensors work and have from the very beginning. Our CM dev @Skrilax_CZmade a great deal of effort to ensure that. Quark "Ambient Display" is NOT the regular Android Ambient Display. It's exactly like Moto Display.

Yes, you can turn them off. You can not enable settings for pick-up, for example.

See more here:

AMBIENT DISPLAY SETTINGS FOR QUARK
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66362669&postcount=2

Last edited:

syphix

Oct 31, 2010
Running this ROM and loving it. Xposed runs fine (even Gravity Box, for the most part), and I'm staying with it (for now) even though there's no VoLTE (...for now). I miss HD Voice and video calling, but rarely used them anyway. Reasons I like this ROM over heavily modded stock Lollipop or CM13/RR:
1. Bluetooth works on Marshmallow -- CM13/RR had issues with my Uconnect in my Chrysler that caused audio to drop every so often. Not the case on this ROM. Plus, unlike stock Lollipop, my phonebook shares fully with the Uconnect (stock only shared SOME numbers...an odd "bug" that wasn't present in CM13/RR).
2. Zippy smooth. Really slick.
3. Stagefreight is fully patched, and the security update is May 2016. Closer to current, yet I hope when the official comes down for XT1254 it has July 2016 (hahaha...yeah, I heard myself laugh as I typed that, too).

EDIT: Managed to get Verizon Visual Voicemail working on it. Just followed the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-maxx/orig...rbo-xt1254-t3315912/post66428566#post66428566

Last edited:

pyromaniac1

Sep 23, 2011
Motorola Quark CM and CM-based ROMs IR sensors work and have from the very beginning. Our CM dev @Skrilax_CZmade a great deal of effort to ensure that. Quark "Ambient Display" is NOT the regular Android Ambient Display. It's exactly like Moto Display.

Yes, you can turn them off. You can not enable settings for pick-up, for example.

See more here:

AMBIENT DISPLAY SETTINGS FOR QUARK
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66362669&postcount=2

Damn that is neat. Those settings though. Which rom are you specifically using for that? RR?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Damn that is neat. Those settings though. Which rom are you specifically using for that? RR?
Those screenshots are specifically CM12.1 -- but all the Quark custom ROMs (Marshmallow and Lollipop) have very similar or identical settings...

They all use the same CM code for Motorola's IR sensors, written by our CM dev (who deserves all the thanks we can give him).

Last edited:

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
I can't get a good download from Mega, keeps saying bad size when through. Really want to give this a run.

iiWoodstocK

Nov 30, 2015
I can't get a good download from Mega, keeps saying bad size when through. Really want to give this a run.
What device are you downloading on? I never have an issue using the MEGA app on my Turbo, but occasionally Chrome on my PC fails and using Chrome on my phone fails as well. I'll look at my GDrive, but I have to see if it has enough available space.

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies
I'm considering giving this a run as well, but need to wait for the weekend when I don't need my device.....as much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock 6.0.1 MPG24.107-70.2 (Brazil) for Verizon XT1254

I adapted factory 6.0.1 Marshmallow, specifically the Brazilian firmware, to work on Verizon XT1254 Droid Turbo's along with BHB27 kernel so that Wi-Fi works. Basically all I have done is modify the build.prop so that Verizon's CDMA works. I tested with SU4TL-49 radio and bootloader, but there shouldn't be an issue with SU4TL-44. The stock Brazilian firmware is actually usable on Droid Turbos without modifications (BHB27 Kernel is needed for Wi-Fi), but only for Droid Turbo users on GSM carriers.

ROM is not debloated, the few Brazilian apps/apps not found in the Droid Turbo's stock firmware are still in this ROM. I have included a debloat script which removes the following:
    BookmarkProvider, BrApps, PartnersBookmarkProvider, BodyGuardApp, DemoMode, GuideMe, NuanceTTS, WapPushSI
    Included in the script is also everything I personally removed. They are disabled by default. To enable any of them, extract the .zip and in the META-INF -> com -> google -> android -> updater-script, delete the "#" that I inserted before each line that you want re-enabled. That "#" before the line turns the code into a comment.

Major stock functionality that I have confirmed working as it should: Moto Display, Approach to wake, Wi-Fi, mobile data (LTE/3G), calls, etc., no Verizon VoLTE (yet). I have not tested Moto Voice as I do not use Moto Voice, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I tried deodexing the stock ROM, but Moto Actions, Moto Display, and Moto Voice continually force close.

There likely will not be any updates to this ROM as it is only a stock ROM with build.prop edits to make it usable on Droid Turbo XT1254s. If in the future I figure out how to port VoLTE, it will come in the form of a TWRP flashable zip.

Installation instructions:
    • Download ROM and BHB27 v200-8-M kernel
    • Reboot into TWRP
    • Make a TWRP of System, Data, and Boot (Optional, but recommended)
    • Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-Cache
    • Flash ROM, then flash BHB27 v200-8-M kernel
    • Reboot system
    For root/Xposed (I have only tested with SuperSU v2.76 and Xposed v86, use older versions at your own risk. If you flashed BHB27 kernel v2.0.2-1 or newer, follow the instructions in that thread. Installing SuperSU is different for the newer kernel versions.):
    • Reboot TWRP
    • Flash SuperSU v2.76/ Xposed v86
    • Reboot system
    Debloat script:
    • Flash debloat script
    • Reboot system

Download links:
    MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip (MEGA)
    MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip (GDrive)(Mirror)
    MD5 Checksum: d845669f21dd300c55c6eb3d931a1c68
    BHB27 Kernel
    Moto G4 Camera for those interested
    SuperSU
    Xposed
    Debloat_Script_for_MPG24.107-70.2_Brazilian_6.0.1_for_XT1254_Odexed.zip

For those who like to use a smaller DPI than stock 640 DPI, Moto Display will look broken, and if you use the Moto G4 camera, the shutter button will not work. Use the Xposed Module "App Settings" and set Moto Display and Moto Display System Process to 640 DPI, and for the Moto G4 camera set it to 480 DPI.

I have also noticed a bug with GravityBox's QuickSettings management, where adding QS tiles adds all, none, or some disappear. This is out of my control.

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/UqgC8pC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/3IfOsf5.png

Big thank you to @junior_ilha and @baybutcher27, whose Brazilian 6.0.1 soak 4 TWRP backup and BHB27 v200-x-M kernel, respectively, prompted me to take on this project. Also thank you to testers/users of my original "ROM" build, the TWRP backup.
    In theory, implementing VoLTE on CM/CM based ROMs would be easier since it would be like implementing on stock AOSP ROM, as opposed to a slightly customized OEM ROM I haven't gotten any of the VoLTE settings to work on my stock ROM/the soak 4 TWRP backup I had previously, however I've gotten the settings to work on RR. I have one more test with this ROM and a VoLTE zip I've made from the Droid Turbo 2's Marshmallow, then I'll be making a thread to document VoLTE tests.
    In case this helps anyone, I finally got around to figuring out how to get rid of the annoying white flash that happens in between the logo and boot animation. Simply replace /system/media/default-sol/sol.png with a file named sol.png that is the same dimensions and all black (or whatever color your boot animation is) and set the permissions to rw-r--r--.
    Running this ROM and loving it. Xposed runs fine (even Gravity Box, for the most part), and I'm staying with it (for now) even though there's no VoLTE (...for now). I miss HD Voice and video calling, but rarely used them anyway. Reasons I like this ROM over heavily modded stock Lollipop or CM13/RR:
    1. Bluetooth works on Marshmallow -- CM13/RR had issues with my Uconnect in my Chrysler that caused audio to drop every so often. Not the case on this ROM. Plus, unlike stock Lollipop, my phonebook shares fully with the Uconnect (stock only shared SOME numbers...an odd "bug" that wasn't present in CM13/RR).
    2. Zippy smooth. Really slick.
    3. Stagefreight is fully patched, and the security update is May 2016. Closer to current, yet I hope when the official comes down for XT1254 it has July 2016 (hahaha...yeah, I heard myself laugh as I typed that, too).

EDIT: Managed to get Verizon Visual Voicemail working on it. Just followed the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-maxx/orig...rbo-xt1254-t3315912/post66428566#post66428566
    Chop twice to turn on flashlight now works with an update to Moto Actions pushed from the Play Store. It's dated 21 July, I don't know why it's taken so long to hit my phone, but there it is.