FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Achieved

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 190

By Ekkoria, Senior Member on 13th March 2015, 03:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those who haven't been watching the Bounty thread, it's been confirmed that the Turbo has indeed been rooted by maiko1, see here and here for proof in videos. Also, jcase has confirmed that it is legit here.

I'll keep this thread up to date as more info becomes available, but it seems like the wait could finally be over! Can't say anything yet as to if or when the method will be released, but this is definitely great news!

Edit 3/13: jcase has stated that sunshine will not work on the Turbo even when root is released.. Yet. We can hope, but as of right now the bootloader will remain locked.

Edit 3/17: multiple developers have stated that *IF* the turbo gets a BL unlock, they will work on porting Cyanogenmod to it.

Edit 3/18: maiko1 has indicated that "final stages of testing have begun" for the root method.

Edit 3/25: the root method is supposedly going to be out later today! See here where it is confirmed last night for a release today.

EDIT 3/25: ROOT IS LIVE! Get it while it's hot!
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Ekkoria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ekkoria Ad-Free

13th March 2015, 03:19 AM |#2  
Flag Staten Island
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sweet, this is good news. Don't have a Turbo but this may be the deciding factor.
13th March 2015, 03:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Wow, made my night. But I'll take the wait and see approach for now, video's look good and remarks from trusted members, call me doubting Thomas but I'll wait to really dance around when the instructions and files are available. Ok,I lied I'm dancing now!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikera67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikera67 Ad-Free
13th March 2015, 05:03 AM |#4  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is incredible! Can we get a detailed guide on what to do?
13th March 2015, 05:05 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by therapist1

This is incredible! Can we get a detailed guide on what to do?

As of right now the root method hasn't been made public.
13th March 2015, 05:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Once we get root. Sunshine should work I hope😊
13th March 2015, 05:11 AM |#7  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I still don't think its 100% legit. It's gonna take more than two videos to convince me. The ONLY reason I'm even considering that its real is because jcase is backing it...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
13th March 2015, 05:12 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Jcase has never let me down
13th March 2015, 05:42 AM |#9  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 36

More
He hasn't let me down either.. I've used his work and praise his work..like I said..he's the only reason why there's any truth behind this..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
13th March 2015, 05:55 AM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 223

More
If jcase says its real, its real. there is no higher authority on these things than him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rajuabju For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajuabju Ad-Free
13th March 2015, 06:59 AM |#11  
Flag Mexico Culiacan
Thanks Meter: 827

Donate to Me
More
Omg I can't believe it's happening
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)