FORUMS

Moto/Droid Turbo/Maxx vs OnePlus Two

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sHanKzZz, Junior Member on 29th July 2015, 08:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So now we have the new OnePlus Two with a bigger battery, better processor, more RAM, probably a better camera too, and all that at a much cheaper price. Is the Turbo still worth it?
650$ for the Turbo vs 400$ for the OnePlus Two where I am.

Let the Opinions roll!
29th July 2015, 08:51 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHanKzZz

So now we have the new OnePlus Two with a bigger battery, better processor, more RAM, probably a better camera too, and all that at a much cheaper price. Is the Turbo still worth it?

Let the Opinions roll!

Opinion is the OnePlus is ALMOST a top tier phone.

Leaving out 1440p to go with 1080p is debatable. I can see the argument for 1080p, especially with a 3300 mAh battery, would be a comfort to some people to really go two days without charging. I prefer 1440p, but that's my opinion.

What's NOT debatable is the the strange reason no NFC, no Turbo charging (Quick Charge 2.0), no Qi wireless charging. For a an allegedly top spec Android in 2nd half of 2015, that hurts badly. Yes, everything else was done right (rear camera OIS with laser focus, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, etc). How much more would it have cost them to include those items? Another $50? The total cost would still have been less than $450.

We don't want just the cheapest phone. We want the cheapest phone with the best specs. I need Qi wireless especially. And Turbo charging has proved very valuable. And even the iPhone now finally has NFC. Android had it first. How can a top tier Android NOT have NFC?
29th July 2015, 09:17 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well, agreed, it does make a few compromises. But I am assuming that with the 1080p screen and 3300 MaH battery, the OnePlus Two should last enough to be able to be plugged in at night, when it really doesn't matter if you have QuickCharge or not. I won't be surprised if the OnePlus Two's real life battery performance turns out to be better than the Turbo's, actually.
So after that, given the list of pros (Better Camera, Better Performance, Extreme Value) and cons (Slightly big for one hand use, No NFC and No Qi charging, not a deal breaker for many I am assuming), is it still ok to go buy the Turbo at it's current price?
29th July 2015, 10:20 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Let the Opinions roll!

Quote:

Well, agreed, it does make a few compromises. But I am assuming that with the 1080p screen and 3300 MaH battery, the OnePlus Two should last enough to be able to be plugged in at night, when it really doesn't matter if you have QuickCharge or not. I won't be surprised if the OnePlus Two's real life battery performance turns out to be better than the Turbo's, actually.
So after that, given the list of pros (Better Camera, Better Performance, Extreme Value) and cons (Slightly big for one hand use, No NFC and No Qi charging, not a deal breaker for many I am assuming), is it still ok to go buy the Turbo at it's current price?

I would recommend the XT1225 Moto Maxx/Moto Turbo for you instead of the XT1254 Droid Turbo. Unless you specifically need LTE band 13 or CDMA bands.

See this post for why...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...5#post62076085
29th July 2015, 10:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 875

More
Quote:

Let the Opinions roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

I would recommend the XT1225 Moto Maxx/Moto Turbo for you instead of the XT1254 Droid Turbo. Unless you specifically need LTE band 13 or CDMA bands.

See this post for why...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...5#post62076085

The Moto Maxx/Turbo is the way to go, I think is the "all in one" phone that you would ever need.

The only negative point for me is the lack of OIS on camera, but besides that, there is no other phone currently that can give you all the features that this phone has.

The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxo60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Galaxo60 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 01:30 PM |#6  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 6

More
OnePlus is all hype.
Here's their strategy...

1- talk about bleeding edge specs
2- make 10 phones that supposedly hit that spec for photo purposes

3- tweet and post like mad about how great their beautiful new phone is and how much everyone wants it.

4- after 6 months of hype and the cost of the device comes in line with mainstream specs, make and release a few thousand phones that include ridiculous contests.

5- when the specs are no longer anything more than ok and production costs have dropped significantly so the once-hyped phone can be manufactured inexpensively but still retains the image of a high end device... release to the general public for market comparable price and reap the rewards.

6- repeat...
The Following User Says Thank You to ericinmn999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ericinmn999 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 02:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
No argument there. One+ marketing sucks. By the time you can actually get the phone, it isn't cutting edge (if it ever was), and I've completely lost interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonJoel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JasonJoel Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 08:30 PM |#8  
Flag Mexico Culiacan
Thanks Meter: 824

Donate to Me
More
My oneplus one had better battery than my droid turbo/moto maxx, and i had no problem getting a one, also
i live in mexico,im not even a US citizen and i managed to get one, i dont know what hate de you guys have with the invite sistem, just put your mail and eventually youll get an invite.
i know im getting a oneplus two
29th July 2015, 09:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 574

More
Well, good for you. MANY people wanted a OnePlus last year that could not easily get one for to their stupid invitation system. The Two will likely be the same.

Enjoy your OnePlus.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
droid turbo, moto maxx, moto turbo, oneplus 2, oneplus two

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)