FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any one still using DROID TURBO in 2018 and will ?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By droid_ulti, Member on 27th February 2018, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
i just bought one from ebay i had droid turbo 2 but i feel like OG droid is better , so are you going to still use your droid in 2018 and why ?

27th February 2018, 07:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
yeah
i do
28th February 2018, 03:37 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Still rockin mine. Over 3 years old now. Getting close to upgrading though. Already replaced the battery but its just not cutting it anymore. its still in great shape and i love that is heavy vs the others. Just the Pixel XL seems a bit too big and even though the Pixel size is the same the screen is smaller. Also been looking at the new Moto Phones but I need Root though.
28th February 2018, 07:36 PM |#4  
Flag The Stupid Country
Thanks Meter: 1,357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtweak

Still rockin mine. Over 3 years old now. Getting close to upgrading though. Already replaced the battery but its just not cutting it anymore. its still in great shape and i love that is heavy vs the others. Just the Pixel XL seems a bit too big and even though the Pixel size is the same the screen is smaller. Also been looking at the new Moto Phones but I need Root though.

I went Pixel 2 XL from the Turbo and it's really not that much bigger. It's only 1.4 cm taller.
1st March 2018, 01:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I had to sell my U11 because of Verizon issues and went back to the turbo. Aside some lag spikes it's working well tuning the crDroid rom.
4th March 2018, 04:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Using lineage os on mine
4th March 2018, 06:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Yes. But why not? The Droid Turbo runs apps and games just fine. Play any game available on the playstore without problems. In some cases it runs better than most current cell phones, like Moto Z play, or any other device with a 625 snapdragon for example. I recharge my cell phone once a day. And thanks to the fact that the Android is an open source, we are running current versions of the system (soon we will have the 8.1 for the Droid turbo) So while it works, I will continue with it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180223_170557.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	4436736
8th March 2018, 09:57 AM |#8  
Flag Tokyo-Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Still using mine , although gave it a rest for last 2 month because I'm using work phone ( A5 2017). Only reason It's resting is to keep it in as best condition as possible, I love this phone and plan to keep it for much much longer. Although it's technically MOTO MAXX. . Hoping there will be Oreo port.. If there is enough interest from other developers I am willing to participate with my lower mid knowledge.
this phone is for me better than most of new phones, and I have a feeling they won't make anything similar in near future..

Was thinking about droid turbo 2 ( moto X force actually) ,to have along with MOTO MAXX but they are still way pricey and custom support seems to be non existent.. So pass for now..
8th March 2018, 04:08 PM |#9  
Flag Dittmer Missouri (St. Louis)
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Still have mine and works great for my needs. Battery seems to be doing good still. I ran mine down to 7% the other day without issues. Using RRemix for the last few months. Won't replace unless it dies of natural causes. May have to get a new battery for before I can't find any.
9th March 2018, 05:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Still using mine as a daily driver. Waiting on a replacement battery to arrive today which will be welcome (60% shutdown is annoying) but after three years that's sort of expected.

If I could track down a clean 64GB model I would probably grab it. Wireless charging, OLED and fairly durable construction for astronomy use outdoors make the quark a great phone for me.
10th March 2018, 06:34 PM |#11  
Flag Tokyo-Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lattosimbaste

Still using mine as a daily driver. Waiting on a replacement battery to arrive today which will be welcome (60% shutdown is annoying) but after three years that's sort of expected.

If I could track down a clean 64GB model I would probably grab it. Wireless charging, OLED and fairly durable construction for astronomy use outdoors make the quark a great phone for me.

My fell directly on screen on concrete and other so many times that I don't even count anymore.. Just a hairline very small crack at the edge of screen, can't even see it. Did destroy original red cover though , and current black ballistic nylon is a bit banged up.. Cheap and easy to replace though.. I'm never using a bumper case on it.. Only screen protect..
I will think about treating it with new screen, said to myself I will buy it when it cracks , but this thing doesn't want to break lol.. It has some burn in at top from status bar and middle though , that was there since I bought it (used) ..
Battery was pretty ok but I bought new original one when I bought the phone.. I do have to say that battery on my A5 2017 is same in worst case scenario and mostly better, and it's 900mAh smaller.. But power of those phones is not comparable too..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)