18 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By aven1357, Junior Member on 14th July 2015, 03:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2016, 03:58 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Qi Charger Works
"I've read in another forum that a Qi wireless charger will turn the phone on to charge it- does any know if this is how it works? If the phone is off, the Qi charger will turn it on and then perform a charging? What if it is drained completely? My buddy at work has an Energizer Qi charger, and his phone (Nexus something) did not turn on from being off when I placed it on the charger."

The Qi Wireless Charger works whether your phone is charged or not.. I went to the Verizon store and asked to see the charger demo'd... I placed my powered off, Fully Charged, Broken -power- button- Droid Turbo on the charger and it Came to life.

I immediately configured the phone with an alternate power button app to control the screen on/off. FYI None of the apps I found will actually power the phone on from off, but will control the screen once it is powered.

I actually tried everything in this forum short of the disassembly of the phone but that was next... the program download.. Reboot Fast Boot; I couldn't get it to download correctly. after about 3 hours I quit... drove to the store and the rest is history. So Glad Not to have Lost everything!..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N7FALCON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift N7FALCON Ad-Free

4th March 2016, 02:34 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I try this in the command prompt it says The device is not ready. I have all the Motorola's drivers downloaded so why isn't it working?
22nd March 2016, 06:03 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks so much for sharing the minimal adb fastboot info, my son had issues with his droid turbo power button. I ear raped him for not taking care of his phone. I felt bad but we were both amazed at my new computer skills. im totally a computer retard and powering his phone back up with that program felt great ....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jman666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jman666 Ad-Free
13th May 2016, 06:28 PM |#14  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 582

More
You are welcome and i would like to thank to that unknown hero for gifting me one month adfree xda
The Following User Says Thank You to Semseddin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Semseddin Ad-Free
28th July 2016, 07:46 PM |#15  

More
Thanks - using Qi charger "solution"
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7FALCON

"I've read in another forum that a Qi wireless charger will turn the phone on to charge it- does any know if this is how it works? If the phone is off, the Qi charger will turn it on and then perform a charging? What if it is drained completely? My buddy at work has an Energizer Qi charger, and his phone (Nexus something) did not turn on from being off when I placed it on the charger."

The Qi Wireless Charger works whether your phone is charged or not.. I went to the Verizon store and asked to see the charger demo'd... I placed my powered off, Fully Charged, Broken -power- button- Droid Turbo on the charger and it Came to life.

I immediately configured the phone with an alternate power button app to control the screen on/off. FYI None of the apps I found will actually power the phone on from off, but will control the screen once it is powered.

I actually tried everything in this forum short of the disassembly of the phone but that was next... the program download.. Reboot Fast Boot; I couldn't get it to download correctly. after about 3 hours I quit... drove to the store and the rest is history. So Glad Not to have Lost everything!..

Thanks for the confirmation that this works. Not comfortable taking my Droid Turbo apart and would prefer to avoid that if at all possible. I have multiple QI chargers at home and work so hopefully that sustains until I get a new phone in 6 months. Will re-explore disassembly as an option when I find a good video for the Droid Turbo.
9th October 2016, 11:23 PM |#16  

More
The Fastboot method worked perfectly! I'll be able to limp along until I get my upgrade. Thanks!
2nd December 2016, 03:36 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Like yours, my Verizon Droid Turbo has a broken power switch. I accidentally allowed the battery to drain completely and could not get it powered on. However, I placed it on my QI charger I use for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it powered right up. Very happy that worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to falconeer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift falconeer Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 07:52 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
stuck in fastboot flash mode
Somehow I uninstalled my OS when trying to flash a ROM, and I'm stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode. My power button is broken. I can use ADB and do "Fastboot Reboot" but I'm still stuck in the bootloop. What other fastboot commands can I use to install a ROM that is on my internal storage? Or I have a download on my computer that I can use... Please help!
11th April 2017, 08:26 PM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,829

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gherman222

Somehow I uninstalled my OS when trying to flash a ROM, and I'm stuck in Fastboot Flash Mode. My power button is broken. I can use ADB and do "Fastboot Reboot" but I'm still stuck in the bootloop. What other fastboot commands can I use to install a ROM that is on my internal storage? Or I have a download on my computer that I can use... Please help!

Well, using fastboot you can boot to TWRP.

http://lifehacker.com/the-most-usefu...oot-1590337225

Quote:

adb reboot recovery
Function: Reboot your phone into recovery mode.

A lot of functions like flashing ROMs to your phone require you to boot into recovery mode. Normally, this requires you to hold down a particular set of buttons on your phone for a certain length of time, which is obnoxious. This command allows you to boot directly into recovery mode without performing the complex finger dance of your people.

From TWRP you can install the OS, you can drag files from your PC to install on your phone, you can RESTORE the backup I KNOW you made before doing any of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 08:46 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Well, using fastboot you can boot to TWRP.

http://lifehacker.com/the-most-usefu...oot-1590337225

From TWRP you can install the OS, you can drag files from your PC to install on your phone, you can RESTORE the backup I KNOW you made before doing any of this.

Haha, yes I do have a backup, but I can't get into recovery due to my broken power button and being in Fastboot Flash Mode. I checked the link, but didn't see the proper command... what is the command for Fastboot to TWRP recovery?

Here is what I'm seeing:
Bootloader: Slot-count: not found
Bootloader: Slot-suffixes: not found

Thank you for any more help you can provide!
11th April 2017, 08:53 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,829

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gherman222

Haha, yes I do have a backup, but I can't get into recovery due to my broken power button and being in Fastboot Flash Mode. I checked the link, but didn't see the proper command... what is the command for Fastboot to TWRP recovery?

Here is what I'm seeing:
Bootloader: Slot-count: not found
Bootloader: Slot-suffixes: not found

Thank you for any more help you can provide!

Those are the commands. Not every adb command is "fastboot" some are "adb".

rebooting in into recovery or boot loader directly from ABD For beginners
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1853159
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)