[MOD] 2013 Droid Ultra Family Ghost Patch (obsolete)

Search This thread

corebore

Jun 4, 2012
Did anyone else have GPS issues with this patch?

Edit: Also, does anyone hear buzzing noises through their speakers or headphones when they are installing something, or when they are changing apps through the recent applications.

Last edited:

corebore

Jun 4, 2012
I have noticed that when using CM12 for Ghost, the menu buttons in Chrome and Facebook (probably others) are disabled. It thinks that the device has hardware buttons even though the build.prop has them disabled.. Any ideas?
If you can't access menu buttons you can use Xposed Additions to assign hardware keys pretty easily. You can assign long press to buttons too.

tecsironman

Sep 12, 2009
Motorola Droid Ultra
Moto X
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2911626
Follow above instruction

Sent from my XT1092 using XDA Free mobile app

I understand op but there is 2 patch versions. 0.6 and 0.8?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

I understand op but there is 2 patch versions. 0.6 and 0.8?

Sorry.. I'm an idiot didn't read the changelog

rshakin

May 3, 2011
It seems when I call my LTE drops out so I cannot make calls and surf the web at the same time, I am not sure if it's the latest cyanogen build I was running .8 patch. Anyone else experiencing these issues. Or maybe it's a settings somewhere. But I know that there is no problems doing this on stock based roms.

an21281

It seems when I call my LTE drops out so I cannot make calls and surf the web at the same time, I am not sure if it's the latest cyanogen build I was running .8 patch. Anyone else experiencing these issues. Or maybe it's a settings somewhere. But I know that there is no problems doing this on stock based roms.
I had the same problem with any of the Ghost roms I flashed on XT1080...

Rottgrub

You didn't say, so I'll assume you are using this phone with Verizon. I am a T-Mobile user, so this is all speculation.

GSM carriers can't make voice calls over LTE, unless they have enabled VoLTE in the area and the phone is setup to use it. What happens is that the phone negotiates down to 3G speeds, which are voice capable. I'm wondering if CM11 is using that same mechanic for the Moto X builds, and assuming GSM behavior. Since Verizon doesn't support 3G over GSM, you lose data completely.

Try adding the below line to your /system/build.prop, then reboot into recovery and clear cache.

telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The below information is obsolete. Please use the official obake version of CM12 for support on 2013 Droid devices.

A small patch I put together to make the new CM11 Ghost builds work (kinda) on the 2013 Droid Ultra series phones (Mini, Ultra, Maxx). It may also work for other Ghost based ROMs, but I haven't tested this.

So far, it's been lightly tested on the Droid Ultra M (Mini), and Droid Ultra Maxx. No guarantees, but it's been working okay so far for me.

Thanks to @an21281 for testing, and @mainbord for the original Droid Mini bins. Thanks also to the CM team for supporting us without even knowing it. =)

YOU ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL RISKS BY CHOOSING TO USE THIS PATCH
    - If it breaks your phone, you get to keep both halves. If it eats your data, not my problem. Etc, etc.
    - If you are lazy or like to take shortcuts, definitely don't use this.

Requirements:
    - Unlocked bootloader. Phone should be on newest stock bootloader, radio, etc. (4.4.4 currently)
    - Philz recovery for ghost: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/ghost/
    - CM11 Ghost: CM11 Ghost
    - GApps. I use the PA Nano package: PA Gapps

Instructions:
    - Boot to recovery, and wipe data and cache.
    - Install CM11 Ghost, then GApps, then the patch

Notes:
    - This is done in my free time, and isn't something I plan on supporting. If I have time, I may make updates.
    - I'm not actually using CM11 on my phone at the moment, so can't test things currently.
    - TWRP for ghost doesn't set the right properties. Go bug them.
    - The huge "full" GApps packages can fill up /system and break ****.

Changelog:
    0.6 - 4.4 bins
    0.8 - 4.4.4 bins

** Please search the forum or Google your question before posting. Thanks! **

How many of you are using CM with XT1030 (Droid Mini) and XT1080 (Droid Ultra)? I'm intending to put back official support with CM12, properly supporting all three variants (display + audio differences).
    All you have to do to see cm12 on any msm8960dt device (Droid ultra, Droid MAXX, Droid mini) is flash Philz recovery (In OP aka Original Post), flash cm12, flash gapps (I use 12/18 minimal, then add everything else I want) then flash the zip file in the OP. I can't confirm .12 on the Maxx(though I am sure it works as well or better than. 8), but I can confirm .8 with zero issues. You can grab the Flashify app from Play Store and flash like 3 times a day for free. I bought the paid version, but most likely ya wont use it more than twice in a day

Grab a ROM, grab the file, swap recovery, and boom, there ya are on CM12
    First boot takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R but its worth it.
    http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=ghost.
    Or
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=ghost&type=nightly

AICP is my preference so far. Can't wait to see a theme engine on either, though.
    Or you can use the build directly for obake I posted a few posts above or wait some tome for obake nightlies.

I would like to see Cm12 as well. do you still need build. prop from an ultra? i have tried to download sources for cm12 but it fails. not really sure what the deal is.
    At the moment, download sources for ghost via cm. Afterwards just "cd device/motorola", "git clone https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team/android_device_motorola_obake", "mv android_device_motorola_obake obake" and then make a build with "brunch obake".
    Any word?

It's been less than 24 hours, and you've replied three times. You really need to dial that back.

Also, per XDA rules, don't ask for ETAs or updates.
    Version 0.12 up to fix a call regression in 0.11.