Options for fast charging.

Search This thread

brunorua

Mar 28, 2017
Help getting fast charger

Hi,

Sorry bring back this issue, but any knews about this?

I just bought P9000, actually is my 2nd, cause i just love it.

Now I want to buy a charger and i'm so confused.

Should I buy a PE+ compatible or can i just buy some Quickcharge one, wich would give me more options.

Wich volts/wats etc should i look for?

I'm currently using charger from UMI Super, wich i'm not sure is PE+.
(still i'm selling the phone so charger will be gone)

My build is 20170112 wich is latest i reveive by OTA. is this build fixed for fast charging?

I've read a lot about this issue, but i can't decide.

Txs
Bruno

Pro4TLZZ

Oct 1, 2015
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi,

Sorry bring back this issue, but any knews about this?

I just bought P9000, actually is my 2nd, cause i just love it.

Now I want to buy a charger and i'm so confused.

Should I buy a PE+ compatible or can i just buy some Quickcharge one, wich would give me more options.

Wich volts/wats etc should i look for?

I'm currently using charger from UMI Super, wich i'm not sure is PE+.
(still i'm selling the phone so charger will be gone)

My build is 20170112 wich is latest i reveive by OTA. is this build fixed for fast charging?

I've read a lot about this issue, but i can't decide.

Txs
Bruno
You have to buy a pe+ charger and you need to be on the 20160531 ROM for pump express charging

NataDeHero

May 23, 2017
fast charging

i attach image for fast charging i get with 20160531

Attachments

• 2017-07-04_09.50.38.jpg
    2017-07-04_09.50.38.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 2017-07-04_09.48.44.jpg
    2017-07-04_09.48.44.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20170706_135154.jpg
    IMG_20170706_135154.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 142

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just so I'm dead clear on this, buying a proper Pump Express+ charger is recommended due to the charger being able to control the output amperage, but even with a normal QC2.0 charger it will technically charge nearly as fast? As a reference I am okay with additional 15 mins charge time.

Asking because it is difficult to find a PE+ charger that is suitable for my use (I live in Singapore so I use the UK plug) and I actually chanced upon...

Thanks in advance guys!

A recent update has broken PE+ quick charging.

When it worked, the QC2.0 quick charger would have put in a maximum of 9 Watts into the phone (QC2.0 chargers do not use current pulse modulation for control, they use the USB data lines for signalling to request an increase in voltage, so the QC2.0 charger would run only at 5 V. The phone takes a maximum of 1.8 A @ 5 V)

When it worked, the PE+ charger would put over 12 Watts into the phone (PE+ in the phone requests a voltage increase from the charger by modulating the current in pulses, and can request up to 12 Volts. At 12 Volts, I observed over 1 A draw)

Assuming constant phone internal DC-DC efficiency, that means that a properly matched PE+ charger would charge the phone at least a third faster.

That said, none of this works at the moment. Not with the current OTA anyways.

(I used the EU charger and an adapter to UK for quick charge...that or my bench supply with a quick turn of the knob from 5-12V. The second method is not recommended unless you're an expert knob-twiddler or ready to smoke your phone.)

Cheers,
    R
    Hi

I have the P9000 on the way and I am looking forward to it arriving. One question I have is what are my options for a fast charger? I am in the UK so require a three pin plug and don't want to have to use an EU to UK adapter. Am I able to use one of the many fast chargers on Amazon that say they work for Qualcomm's Quick Charge but do not mention PE+?

Thanks
    i use the supplied cable with a three pin usb to UK wall adapter that we all use with older phones.
    never timed it but it charges within an hour or so, its much faster than any other device i have on the old charge system.
    no need to buy the 2 pin fast charge device their trying to flog on their site.
    i use the supplied cable with a three pin usb to UK wall adapter that we all use with older phones.
    never timed it but it charges within an hour or so, its much faster than any other device i have on the old charge system.
    no need to buy the 2 pin fast charge device their trying to flog on their site.

Thanks for this.

I just thought some sort of higher amp charger would be needed to power the quick charging, but I shall wait until I have the phone then see where I can go from there.
    Depends on what Rom you are using. Btw you should use a 12v USB voltmeter as it is much more accurate

I'm using Eragon v 4.8 Rom with 5v 2.1A charger .

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

The "Amper-App" is not relieable on P9000!

url]

Which App is reliable with P9000 ?