Elephone P9000 Nougat 7.0 First Stable Version_20170418

Search This thread

Ninja X

May 30, 2015
This is from chankeypathak over at XDA Delevopers

Setting this option forces Android to stop each process as soon as it is empty (that is, when no services are started and no activities are on screen for that app).

To be clear: this option won't stop apps that would normally run in the background from doing so. Your mail client will still run periodically to check mail, if it's configured to do that. Apps that use Google Cloud Messaging to receive push messages from Internet servers (such as Gmail and Facebook) will still be able to do so. The option would be better named "Cached background process limit", since it limits apps that would otherwise show up with that label in the apps manager.

Next time each app needs to start, Android has to load the app from storage, from scratch. This uses more power and takes longer than running it again when the process was in memory. This doesn't just mean when you start an activity from that app deliberately; it also means the email client has to be loaded afresh each time it wants to check email. Over time this can build up to a huge battery drain.

Because this is a development option, it can also trigger rare bugs in certain apps, and those apps' developers may not be keen to fix them. One example is that, on Nexus devices running 4.2.2, when this option is on, the in-built Calendar app will keep restarting itself with this option set, because stopping the cached background process causes the calendar's content provider to be removed, which causes a loop of services restarting each other to check for calendar updates. If this happens, the loop will run down your battery very quickly.

---

I think that in standard, as it says, the RAM is your limit; if you have your apps prematurely closing or sleeping, that means that you have a very high memory usage or another issue, end I don't think the background process limit setting will fix it for you.

What's your typical memory load? My phone loves to use about 75% of the available RAM and keep something like 900 MB free. Of the ~200 apps I have installed, I think only about third of them see daily use... And I have about 30 cached processes right now.

Sent from my P9000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Is there a new P9000 version?
https://www.needrom.com/download/elephone-p9000-3/

It's actually 20170904.

Oh, I see. Just checked it quickly and saw
Code:
Official ROM Elephone Version: Elephone_P9000_20170419 - full_c239v55_dx-user 7.0 NRD90M
and thought that was the version; but now I see that a little lower in the page it says
Code:
Update OfficialROM Elephone Version: Elephone_P9000_20170904 - full_c239v55_dx-user 7.0 NRD90M
And it was posted in the official Elephone forums just 9 hours ago... Security Patch is June 5 2017, btw (as Haidar123 said)... I'll flash it and see how it works :good:

Well. i have it working right now. I upgraded via OTA after removing Magisk. It removed TWRP by itself, and upgraded with no problems (Took about 15 minutes to complete from the first reboot).
It works almost the same as last version. The only difference I've noted is that the Bluetooth audio skips a lot less, but it may be situational.
Camera laser focus is working. I'll check fast charging when I get home from work.
Reflashing TWRP was a PITA. Had to use latest flashtool from https://spflashtool.com/ to get it to not get stuck at "download DA 100%".
Now Magisk 14 is installed and working, but can't access Magisk's ROOT settings (but root is working fine)
I upgraded the Universal SafetyNet Fix, now Android Pay and Pokemon Go work.
Now I'll try running the Systemless Xposed :3
---
Bad idea; Xposed put me in a bootloop. Had to uninstall Magisk and reinstall it for the phone to work again...
...and even if it worked, everything google related went nuts. At least I can still TiBU everything and I'll do a factory reset ASAP :(

Last edited:
xposed works for me on los14.1, using the unofficial new version of xposed that can be found on the materialized xposed apk
I suppose the Magisk Xposed module don't work with this phone and this ROM. I'm not willing to test it soon - in the end my phone was soft bricked, had to reflash and lost my IMEI, had to reflash again to restore IMEI with Maui Meta, had to TiBU all the apps and most of the configs back... well, it's working again.
Fast charge does work all the way to 12V with Elephone Official Fast Charger and Original cable, but as was the case with the previous ROM, it's limited to about 0.8 amps, so it's about as fast as 5V 2A. I guess this is to prevent overheating - in the old days the phone charged in about 60 minutes but was hotter than a baked potato, now it charges in about 70 and a few minutes but it only gets as warm as a mother's embrace, so I'm not complaining.
I'll give another try to Xposed (after a Nandroid backup, this time), but as I was restoring my little brick, I thought that for me is no longer necessary - I don't even remember which modules I used to have installed, so it's not a big deal.
---
Second try with Systemless Xposed, same result.
This time a Nandroid backup saved the day :D

Last edited:

vash90

Feb 28, 2018
Hola, soy nuevo en este foro.
Quisiera saber cómo podria desbloquear el bootloader del p9000, para instalarle TWRP y una rom personalizada. Gracias

Hello, I am new in this forum.
I would like to know how I could unlock the bootloader of the p9000, to install TWRP and a custom rom. Thank you

Ruben Craveiro

Feb 18, 2015
Lisboa
Hola, soy nuevo en este foro.
Quisiera saber cómo podria desbloquear el bootloader del p9000, para instalarle TWRP y una rom personalizada. Gracias

Hello, I am new in this forum.
I would like to know how I could unlock the bootloader of the p9000, to install TWRP and a custom rom. Thank you
bootloader already comes unlocked, tou can install twrp using sp flash tools l

Xyliton

Oct 17, 2016
Any idea why the flashtool is stuck on "Download DA 100%" and then throws "ERROR: STATUS_PROTOCOL_ERR (0xC0010005)"

adrianixoli

Nov 15, 2012
I flashed this firmware withoutout user- data, I have problem with wifi , conecting but without internet. I make factory reset but the wifi allways have problem. I restart smartphone the wifi work for 1 -2 hours and after the same problem authentication problem or connected without internet.
I try factory reset, I try go in setting-->backup and restore -->reset wifi-bluetooth anda data internet. allways the same problem

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After almost six months of waiting, here it is: the first stable release of Nougat for our Elephone P9000 European and Asian variant (there's no support for US model in this ROM)

Original thread: http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13393-1-1.html

Firmware Download (MEGA)

SPFlashTool (MEGA)

Elephone MTK drivers (Driver Test Signing required) (MEGA)

--- First Impressions ---

- Installation was OK. Did a dirty flash over the previous BETA without overwriting USERDATA.
    - Had to reflash TWRP, even if I unchecked RECOVERY while flashing.
    - Magisk 12 is working like a charm, with ROOT support.
    - Laser focus is working, option is now in camera app instead of a global setting.
    - Fingerprint reader is working, feels faster but still lacks a little precision.
    - Users report that fast charging is working.
    - SafetyNet still reports CTS profile mismatch.
    - This version is not available as OTA, but next one should be OTA compatible.
    Remove the big icons 4G 3GE G next to antennas (android 7_20170418): http://turbobit.net/5w5j6keu750y.html
    Flash through TWRP

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

I try the rom and my sim card is not detected. have you any idea ?

If you install the firmware over android 6
    Then you need to do this in the "firmware / upgrade" mode and then the SIM cards will work!
    Do not need to restore nwram, it is not wiped!
    Modification of batteries for android 7_20170418:
    Suitable even for Eragon v 1.0
    battery_MODv4_7

Modification of batteries for android 6_20170112:
    battery_MODv4_6
    PS. I can make any battery from the list of moov under the order: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=179871&view=findpost&p=4985645
    Hey guys!

I got some news in the PumpExpress+ side of things. I received my USB Multi Tester in the mail, so the first thing I did was to check whether PumpExpress+ was really working or not, or if it was just a placebo effect or something.

The thing is, it 'is' working, but it isn't working as intended. With my original Elephone PE+ charger and my original Elephone Cable, I could check that indeed, the phone was charging at up to 12V, as expected for PE+. BUT it is just charging at about 0.8-0.9 Amps of current. So that's why it isn't burning like a supernova when charging as it was with 7.0 earlier betas or 6.0 stable... but even if it's charging at 12V it is still about a good 30-35% below its maximum potential speed (The charger is rated for up to 1.25A at 12V) and that explains the 80+ minutes for a full charge. What still puzzles me is why some users are experiencing 2+ hours charging times, when even with a regular 2A charger you get almost the same charge times as with the PE+ charger... and that in itself is puzzling... as 5V 2A is almost as fast as the PE+ charger... weird. Still I prefer my Elephone charging a little slow than melting :cool:

giphy.gif
    Fast charge is not working. Everything else is really good