FINALLY!!! The day has come... Android Nougat Arrived T_T (this is not fake news)

Search This thread

alicio04

Oct 9, 2010
são caetano do sul
I installed, and works perfectly! I found just one error, when I play music on the Google play music, it appears one massage saying "small window has stopped". Finger print and laser focus are Ok ;)

Better Nougat ROM, without doubt.

Reactions: LJPENL

Fran Montero

Jun 22, 2015
Realme GT
First bug appeared on the official forum!

"I installed, and works perfectly! I found just one error, when I play music on the Google play music, it appears one massage saying "small window has stopped". Finger print and laser focus are Ok ;)"

Pro4TLZZ

Oct 1, 2015
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Android pay doesn't work. CTS test fails so pay will not work. However it is signed with release keys like 20170112 so you can play Mario run

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Noticed a bug: you can't set a custom wallpaper to lock screen. Only system wallpapers will go to the lock screen
Also full mtk engineering mode is not present

Aminopur2

Jul 15, 2012
you can't set a custom wallpaper to lock screen. Only system wallpapers will go to the lock screen
Screenshot_20170420_163314.png

Wallpaper works for me.

Reactions: Pro4TLZZ

LJPENL

Android pay doesn't work. CTS test fails so pay will not work. However it is signed with release keys like 20170112 so you can play Mario run

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Noticed a bug: you can't set a custom wallpaper to lock screen. Only system wallpapers will go to the lock screen

Can you reflash TWRP and Root ?

Gitanitos

Jan 30, 2013
Valladolid
Samsung Galaxy S10

So CTS have the same problem than last 6.0 stock. Android pay don't work but you can use many others apps that need the ROM signed.
For NFC is just to check if the menu exist and can send a picture to another phone "for example"Screenshot_20170420-162410.png

Enviado desde mi P9000 mediante Tapatalk

Pro4TLZZ

Oct 1, 2015
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So CTS have the same problem than last 6.0 stock. Android pay don't work but you can use many others apps that need the ROM signed.
For NFC is just to check if the menu exist and can send a picture to another phone "for example"

Enviado desde mi P9000 mediante Tapatalk
NFC menu exists

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170420-155644.png
    Screenshot_20170420-155644.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: Gitanitos

haidar123

Apr 4, 2016
fingerprint works very good:) but they switched the navbar buttons back <-> multitasking and i don't like it:(

same it annoys me. There was a method on xda but unfortunately the method isnt compatible with the phone and leads to System UI to crash. We'll just have to report it and hopefully they fix it in the next update

tonygt54

Apr 12, 2010
problem sim card reader

Hello, it seems that on my p9000 the sim 1 or 2 drive does not work with this ROM. do you have an idea ?

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Hello, it seems that on my p9000 the sim 1 or 2 drive does not work with this ROM. do you have an idea ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great news guys,

The day has come, Android 7.0 with fingerprint and laser focus problems solved :crying:

http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-13393-1-1.html#.WPgjNqhtnDc :cool:
    Best ROM so far, really!

Having used various custom ROMs in the past months (Eragon, DarkSense, Cyanogen, AOKP, LineageOS), all the time rooted with either SuperSU or Magisk, I've decided last week to update to the released Android 7 ROM and to not root it. And I have to say, it's by far the best ROM I've used since I got my P9000 over a year ago.
    And these are the reasons why:
    • Bluetooth works without any problems (tested in my VW car) --> I can skip tracks, it shows the picture from Amazon Music, all is good
    • Videos are playing when I'm just connected to Cellular. Before, it was only playing videos with Wi-Fi connected (and that was also flaky)
    • Android Auto works (again in my VW). It just works. I thought I'd never get that back again.
    • For the first time ever, I can use the fingerprint scanner. I tried it about a year ago and it was just unusable, so I never bothered trying it again. With this release, it works like a charm.
    • My cellular operator name is shown again.
    • For the first time ever, I had my Google Opinion Rewards app coming app with a questionnaire. This had never happened before and I could now start getting some Google Bucks for the play store. This may be because I haven't rooted the phone.
    • I have the stock camera back. Now that may sound strange, but it's the first time now I can record videos with timelapse, did never work before (even in the old stock ROMs I've used)
    • Notifications seem to work much better, but that may also be just the Android 7 kicking in
    I have found no downsides or any apps that I'm regularly using that would crash, so my recommendation is to use the Android 7 ROM. The P9000 is my daily driver, it's the only phone I'm using and it has never been better before!
    Cheers,
    Helmut

Went fine here with TWRP 3.1, flashed it during ROM flash process, I could root with magisk zip With no problem.
    Thanks to Alicio for the news! ;)
    For lost IMEI you can try this:

My IMEIs was also lost during update to Nougat. I've grabbed "maui meta" in version 9.1635.23 from Needrom. You have to select an database within this tool which is included in the unzipped ROM from Elephone (MDDB_InfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6755_S00_MOLY_LR11_W1603_MD_MP_V35_4_P20.EDB). Take a look at youtube, there are plenty videos of how to use this tool. I was able to reflash my IMEIs successfully and backed up the NVRAM right after success with TWRP ;) .

I tried before, and I bricked my phone... haha
    So, I do not advise, at least not for now... :)