BAD NEWS: Elephone S8 *Pro* in July with Android 8.1 and improved hardware

Search This thread

Plowmanx

Mar 12, 2018
Looks a lot like our device but they've moved to a Snapdragon 660 chipset and will offer a 128Gb model. Also they've moved the fingerprint button to the side and replaced the rear camera with dual 13 Megapixel ones.

Details delivered with an *outrageous* Chinese accent at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U19reNEiE-c after the ugly A4 notch job. Really that design was braindead when Apple did it - no idea why anyone would copy it!

I say this is bad news because Elephone is unlikely to bother with an Oreo release for the non-pro when they've changed chipset already ...

Reactions: BbetaA

MarkOssi

Sep 22, 2017
Looks a lot like our device but they've moved to a Snapdragon 660 chipset and will offer a 128Gb model. Also they've moved the fingerprint button to the side and replaced the rear camera with dual 13 Megapixel ones.

Details delivered with an *outrageous* Chinese accent at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U19reNEiE-c after the ugly A4 notch job. Really that design was braindead when Apple did it - no idea why anyone would copy it!

I say this is bad news because Elephone is unlikely to bother with an Oreo release for the non-pro when they've changed chipset already ...

And how is that bad news?
It looks nice, sadly no 3,5mm jack connection, so it's a no go for me.

Plowmanx

Mar 12, 2018
Actually, no, the update isn't out. It's an "alternative" 7.1.1 ROM that according to the reviews on the elephone site breaks more than it fixes.

I'm one of the lucky ones whose phone functions well as it is. I remain vulnerable to a host of security flaws because Elephone have refused to publish the source for this phone, which means the phone can't be supported by the open developer community. And that's a worse problem than the fact that Elephone won't release the updates they promised. Shame.

Reactions: LUN4R68 and BbetaA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually, no, the update isn't out. It's an "alternative" 7.1.1 ROM that according to the reviews on the elephone site breaks more than it fixes.

I'm one of the lucky ones whose phone functions well as it is. I remain vulnerable to a host of security flaws because Elephone have refused to publish the source for this phone, which means the phone can't be supported by the open developer community. And that's a worse problem than the fact that Elephone won't release the updates they promised. Shame.