FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIRMWARE] Collection of ESSENTIAL update images for those on Custom ROMs [Jan2020]

15,684 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,193

Post Reply Email Thread
As the title says, I plan to keep a collection of the ESSENTIAL updates here in this thread because I intend to keep my Mata for a while still and I want to stay updated every month.

WARNING - These are custom made zips as you would download them from ESSENTIAL, except with SYSTEM modifying partitions removed. So anyone who is running on a Custom ROM can easily run the batch file to flash all the other updated partitions at once in FASTBOOT. Easy pz!

HOW TO:

These aren't your usual "TWRP flashable" zips! Please read and follow the instructions below:

INSTRUCTION:
  • Download ZIP file
  • Unzip in a location of your choosing
  • Reboot PH1 to Fastboot
  • Make your PC/Laptop can communicate with the device
  • Run the BAT file inside the EXTRACTED folder
  • Follow the instructions given.
  • Profit!

-----

DOWNLOADS:

HERE!

-----

NOTE:
Nothing will be wiped!!

EDIT (11-01-2020): Thanks to (@dragynbane222) for fixing the Linux/Unix script. Zip re-uploaded!

Have fun.
Camo.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 10:35 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Establishing Battlefield Control... Standby!

Donate to Me
More
Clock Reserved.
Extra seat for the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
6th January 2020, 11:53 PM |#3  
Flag Tecoman
Thanks Meter: 12

More
If I'm in stock but with elemental x kernel Is necessary this or I have to download all the ota file in the essential developer web and apply in TWRP?
7th January 2020, 01:11 AM |#4  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpena

If I'm in stock but with elemental x kernel Is necessary this or I have to download all the ota file in the essential developer web and apply in TWRP?

You can still use the images in the zip files from this thread, but you wont get the SYSTEM, VENDOR or KERNEL updates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 10:56 PM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Would I need to reflash TWRP and Root after this?
9th January 2020, 11:12 PM |#6  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foueddyf

Would I need to reflash TWRP and Root after this?

Nope you don't. Nothing is wiped.

All the small partitions are silently updated, just run the BAT or SH (if you're on Linux).

The Following User Says Thank You to CamoGeko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CamoGeko Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 11:51 PM |#7  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGeko

Nope you don't. Nothing is wiped.

All the small partitions are silently updated, just run the BAT or SH (if you're on Linux).

I'm on Linux, ran the sh script and it all worked perfectly, thanks man!

The Following User Says Thank You to foueddyf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift foueddyf Ad-Free
10th January 2020, 06:04 AM |#8  
OP Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foueddyf

I'm on Linux, ran the sh script and it all worked perfectly, thanks man!

Fantastic.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my mata using Thebear Blue XDA Labs
11th January 2020, 05:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hey, wasn't too hard fixing the script, hope it comes in handy to whomever uses it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragynbane222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dragynbane222 Ad-Free
12th January 2020, 05:24 AM |#10  
Flag Hawesville
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Sorry I hate to be or look stupid... I just don't want a bricked phone or a phone I have to resetup again, but I'm on a custom Rom so do I just run the batch file it do I need to tweak something in order to get the security update? And what is said tweak if need be to do so? Thank you!
12th January 2020, 07:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodbrown58

Sorry I hate to be or look stupid... I just don't want a bricked phone or a phone I have to resetup again, but I'm on a custom Rom so do I just run the batch file it do I need to tweak something in order to get the security update? And what is said tweak if need be to do so? Thank you!

Aside from this, the dev also has to pull in the latest security patch in the source code then build it. These zips only provide the updated former.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
essential phone, firmware, ph1, stock, updates

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)