[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

Search This thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Do not lock your bootloader with this installed. You must be 100% stock, I'd suggest on both slots, in order to re-lock your bootloader.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Unofficial LineageOS Builds
Essential PH-1 (mata): Mega

Google Apps
Google Apps (OpenGapps nano) are baked in to these builds. At this time I do not plan to release vanilla builds. Users who require this will have to build their own.

Source
Device | Kernel

Known Issues
MTP Connection to computer (USB C usb still works)

Prerequisites

Unlocked bootloader
January 2020 Release | Q 10 - Q Release 5 | QQ1A.200105.007 -> here
Fastboot and ADB set up

Flashing Instructions
Make sure you meet the prerequisites before continuing!
  • Flash January 2020 Stock OS
  • Flash or boot into TWRP
  • Factory Reset in TWRP
  • Flash LineageOS 17.1 and the TWRP Installer
  • Reboot back to recovery
  • Flash Magisk (optional)

Android Version: 10.0.0_r31
Security Patch: March 5, 2020

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata), ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
Rybo713
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-12
Last Updated 2020-03-14

Screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200314-164712.jpg
    Screenshot_20200314-164712.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 3,622
  • Screenshot_20200314-164529_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200314-164529_Settings.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 3,674
  • Screenshot_20200314-164522_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200314-164522_Settings.png
    182 KB · Views: 3,626
Last edited:

jeddy877

Feb 3, 2016
The ROM is running great. The only missing feature I can find is a working USB data transfer connection. Only charging is working through the port.

Reactions: temporarium

elongman

Jan 5, 2013
St. Louis
eal.us
No data on USB means no Android Auto

Finally got this up and running (after much banging of my head against the proverbial wall). All is smooth and excellent, with one exception (noted above): no data through USB means that Android Auto doesn't work, either. :(

Reactions: IronRoo

temporarium

Update 2020-03-19

Kernel Changes:
- Removed some kernel debugging configs
- Removed unnecessary cpu governors

Vendor Changes:
- Update Vendor Security Patch to Feburary 5, 2020
- Update build_fingerprint to January 5, 2020

LineageOS Changes:
- Some minor rom changes

Bugs:
- MTP doesn't work

Get it here: Mega
Thank you, but why don't you fix the MTP issue?

N

NerdistheWord

Bluetooth

I'm having trouble staying connected to Bluetooth and sound doesn't play on headphones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Do not lock your bootloader with this installed. You must be 100% stock, I'd suggest on both slots, in order to re-lock your bootloader.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Unofficial LineageOS Builds
    Essential PH-1 (mata): Mega

Google Apps
    Google Apps (OpenGapps nano) are baked in to these builds. At this time I do not plan to release vanilla builds. Users who require this will have to build their own.

Source
    Device | Kernel

Known Issues
    MTP Connection to computer (USB C usb still works)

Prerequisites

Unlocked bootloader
    January 2020 Release | Q 10 - Q Release 5 | QQ1A.200105.007 -> here
    Fastboot and ADB set up

Flashing Instructions
    Make sure you meet the prerequisites before continuing!
    • Flash January 2020 Stock OS
    • Flash or boot into TWRP
    • Factory Reset in TWRP
    • Flash LineageOS 17.1 and the TWRP Installer
    • Reboot back to recovery
    • Flash Magisk (optional)

Android Version: 10.0.0_r31
    Security Patch: March 5, 2020

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata), ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    Rybo713
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-12
    Last Updated 2020-03-14
    I just tried again and I can confirm that these steps work:

1. Start with TWRP on both slots.
    2. Boot TWRP.
    3. Switch to the other slot and wipe dalvik, system and cache.
    4. Switch back to the original slot and flash LOS. It will install in the slot you wiped in step 3.
    5. Reboot to recovery. It will boot LOS recovery given that this is now the active slot. Go in the advanced option and reboot to the bootloader
    6. Switch slot and reboot to recovery. This will be TWRP recovery.
    7. Switch slot in TWRP and flash Gapps, Magisk, etc.
    8. Reboot to system.
    9. Done
    USB MTP Connection

I found a way to work USB MTP on my Essential Phone.
    Github→ LineageOS/android_device_essential_mata/commit/652993dc2810d6913cb5b0b23a6c2891442fa6e9
    After applying this change on the GitHub, you can use MTP.
    (I can't send URL by xda limitations for all new xda users)

Working : USB MTP(File Transfer)
    Not Testing : All Other (Include Android Auto)

EUDEzyXUYAEVEPn
    Sorry if I have lost it somewhere. But is this the procedure to upgrade from Los 16 to 17.1, or from 17.1 unofficial to 17.1 official?

I was so happy having installed this unofficial los 17.1, but I'd love the updater. Especially because it's my wife's phone, and it would be nice to not have to update manually (if updates are still happening here).

So should I go the @R2D2_SW way? Or simply wait some more time to get an easy-beasy-download-zip-and-flash-install?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 mit Tapatalk
    With the 05/01 recovery, you can use the method on the Lineage website. The only things to know is that the format system may fail but it doesn't matter, and when sideloading the rom, it will freeze at 47% and you will get a message saying that the connection was lost (or something like that) but at the very end of that message, it will say "no error". And that means just that, i.e. the flash was successful. You can reboot to recovery and sideload gapps and Magisk with the 5/1 LOS recovery and that should go without any errors at all. I've tried it and it worked for me. The issues with LOS recovery were in the prior build (before 5/1).

That being said, if you are comfortable and understand which slots you are working on, you can use TWRP as well without any issues.
    hello,
    i have installed the official 5-30 LOS with stock gapps. Phone is also rooted with magisk.
    the speaker phone volume at minimum level is amazingly loud. it's like it used to a couple of years ago before they corrected the issue with a monthly update. i forget the timeline and details, but that is a summary of the fix, then.
    before i installed the 5-30 LOS, i was still on the feb security update and the speaker phone volume had a more reasonable minimum level.

is anyone else having this issue on a phone call and using the speaker phone?

i tried finding something with edxposed and gravity box, but i didn't see anything that helped. i've read some other posts on reddit that mentioned an app called precise volume. i couldn't see how this reduced the gain...it seemed if it did anything that it just gave more volume steps. but maybe i am not using it correctly.
    what i'd really like to to is find something that reduces the gain by 10 or 20 (or whatever) decibels.
    Yes, if you notice, volume is the same no matter what you do with volume. It's always maxed. I filed an issue for it earlier in the month. Not sure when it'll be addressed.