Search This thread

herna

Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2009
twitter.com
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- "Fingerprint Hardware Not Available" can occur

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Essential PH-1 build HERE.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements
- TWRP recovery image released by dees_troy doesn’t have touch support. To get around this, do
`adb shell twrp decrypt "YOUR PASSCODE"` if applicable
`adb push ROMNAME.zip /sdcard/Download`
`adb shell twrp install /sdcard/Download/ROMNAME.zip`
- After TWRP indicates its done flashing (using the TWRP installer):
`adb reboot`

Important / Useful links
OpenGapps
Paranoid Android Twitter
Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Essential PH-1 @Newtsrock, having @ggpew2 as a device contributor. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
Paranoid Android, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
herna, newtsrock, ggpew2
Source Code: https://github.com/StatiXOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-01-09
Last Updated 2019-02-22

Last edited:

thad137

Apr 22, 2013
This is awesome! I first used PA back when it's biggest feature was navbar and status bar colors. Super excited to be downloading it now.

the_Pan

Dec 23, 2014
Awesome. I do have one correction, though: most recent TWRP builds DO have touch support, mainly if it's installed via the flashable zip OR with the patched boot img for stock. Just figured I'd mention that.
Could you provide an link to the patched boot image? I never brought the twrp touchscreen to life when I tried using it from pie

crankiro97

Dec 24, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6a
Reactions: the_Pan and prozo

prozo

Nov 10, 2016
Looks like there's a bootloop issue installing magisk and flashing twrp from the installer zip to both partitions, anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Looks like after installing the ROM - it overwrites the recovery flash from the above-patched twrp (Jan-Patch from Reddit source), it then just forces the boot to hang.

Edit 2:Looks like I got it to work, after installing the ROM, reboot back into recovery mode, flash the jan-patch twrp img again using fastboot.

Edit 3: Nope looks like a persistent bootloop. Gonna leave this ROM alone until it gets magisk and a proper TWRP fixed

Last edited:

prozo

Nov 10, 2016
Looks like there's a bootloop issue installing magisk and flashing twrp from the installer zip to both partitions, anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Looks like after installing the ROM - it overwrites the recovery flash from the above-patched twrp (Jan-Patch from Reddit source), it then just forces the boot to hang.

Edit 2:Looks like I got it to work, after installing the ROM, reboot back into recovery mode, flash the jan-patch twrp img again using fastboot.

Edit 3: Nope looks like a persistent bootloop. Gonna leave this ROM alone until it gets magisk and a proper TWRP fixed

Looks like the boot loop issue is occurring on both this ROM and the AOSIP ROM, leads me to believe this might be an issue with the patched TWRP possibly?

uodii

Dec 14, 2012
Anybody able to get this working with gapps? If I flash the rom it boots fine. If I flash twrp with it, it boots fine. But once I try to flash gapps it just hangs on the aospa boot animation

I tried with opengapps pico and nano as well as simplegapps

Last edited:
Reactions: beynolds.rurt

prozo

Nov 10, 2016
Anybody able to get this working with gapps? If I flash the rom it boots fine. If I flash twrp with it, it boots fine. But once I try to flash gapps it just hangs on the aospa boot animation

I tried with opengapps pico and nano as well as simplegapps

Same issue here, can't install it without getting the hang

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I'm running aosip rom at the moment. I use the twrp installer each and every time I flash something. In the same session

Are we talking about the same thing? The patch image in this thread or the original TWRP img from the original TWRP website?

davnc18

Apr 15, 2015
Thanks for the ROM all wok good
This is how I install it
Flash ROM from twrp
Flash twrp installer
Reboot to twrp
Flash magisk
Reboot to system
Reboot to twrp
Flash gapps (micro)
Done

English not my first language;)

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Reactions: the_Pan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4NkF4Mm.jpg

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- "Fingerprint Hardware Not Available" can occur

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Essential PH-1 build HERE.

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the beta builds.

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Instructions & requirements
    - TWRP recovery image released by dees_troy doesn’t have touch support. To get around this, do
    `adb shell twrp decrypt "YOUR PASSCODE"` if applicable
    `adb push ROMNAME.zip /sdcard/Download`
    `adb shell twrp install /sdcard/Download/ROMNAME.zip`
    - After TWRP indicates its done flashing (using the TWRP installer):
    `adb reboot`

Important / Useful links
    OpenGapps
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainers for Essential PH-1 @Newtsrock, having @ggpew2 as a device contributor. Mention (@) them if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    herna, newtsrock, ggpew2
    Source Code: https://github.com/StatiXOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-01-09
    Last Updated 2019-02-22
    Has anyone got LTE working on Boost Mobile? If so what steps did you use?

I've seen you post this in at least 3 threads relating to different roms. No need to spam until someone answers just open up a questions thread in the questions and answers tab ?