Android Ice Cold Project
AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!
Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!
Android 10 is now Pure AOSP! For our pleasure.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot. * */
Feature list (rough overview)
In the beginning we would like to thank:
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
Resurrection Remix team
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"
Latest Beta Release: Version 15.0
Download link: HERE!!
Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
(Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)
CRT Animation causes soft-reboot (just don't use it)
Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)
Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page. <<< This way is the easiest!
The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 10. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, flash it and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip. We recommend Magisk!
It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing if you're coming from a different ROM and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. Once you're on AICP you can dirty flash new builds without wiping anything, unless stated otherwise!
How to flash for the first time:
- (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)
- If you've got everything nice and backed up:
- 1. Fastboot -w (not usually necessary, this will wipe data and internal as well as format to ext4 and remove any encryption).
- 2. Fastboot flash boot "twrp boot.img". Use the F2FS TWRP image linked here - F2FS TWRP Boot). Reboot to recovery (on the phone).
- 3. In TWRP - wipe System, Data, and Dalvik. OR do a full wipe including Internal Storage, if you want to switch to F2FS and go Decrypted which is Recommended!). You'll have less hassle with dirty flashes later, but your phone may be less secure. Whichever way you look at it, its your decision!
- NOTE - Its recommended to format to F2FS file system at this stage before flashing ROM. However, not essential!
- Change filesystem: Go into Wipe > select Data > Change Filesystem > F2FS
(I believe encryption won't work if you switch to F2FS, so only do it if you're okay with that).
- 4. Transfer the ROM zip and the TWRP installer zip to your SDCARD.
- 5. Flash the ROM zip and the TWRP zip (FYI, flashing a ROM by any method will install to the opposite slot, the TWRP zip patches both slots).
- 6. Reboot to recovery (Reboot > Recovery), ignoring when it says "No OS Installed" (this will automatically switch slots for you).
- 7. Back in TWRP - transfer the latest Magisk zip to your SDCARD and flash it. (Magisk always installs to the current slot).
- 8. Reboot to system. It will fail to boot once because of Magisk, that's normal just let it do its thing.
- 9. Go through setup.
- 10. Enjoy the ROM!
NOTE: If coming from AICP Pie it's still recommended to make a FRESH START!
The ROM has GApps built in, so you don't need to flash them! There is no GAppless option.
Currently supported Root Solution:
If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)
ROM & Additional links:
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP sources on Github
AICP Download page for official builds and media content
AICP Discord Community
All you PH-1 guys! (for testing and using the fastest/smoothest ROM on Essential Phone) - Thank you!
This ROM is free to use as everything should be on XDA, just click Thanks if you appreciate the work.
Theme - Valerie
Icons - Outline Icon Pack (find here on XDA!)
Launcher - Lawnchair Q pre-alpha + QuickSwitch 3.0.0
Unofficial AICP 15 Q Beta, ROM for the Essential Phone
Source Code: https://github.com/celtare21/kernel_essential_msm8998-1
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: N/A
Based On: Pure AOSP
Current Beta Version: 15.0
Beta Release Date: 2020-01-05
Last Updated 2020-01-16