[ROM & Kernel] [AOSP Based] [Minimal] 01/15/18 Invictrix ROM 8.1

Search This thread

weiyangbo

Mar 25, 2015
I synced lastest source and compiled at home.
Flashed into both ab slots after wiped system,cache,data partitions.
But It cannot boot to system, just reboot to recovery

mookiexl

You're new here... So I'll explain...

When you take something that you do as a hobby... You do it for fun... For yourself... You move along at a pace comfortable for you...

Now... When you originally start sharing it with others... Everyone is all cool about it... They're appreciative of your work... And most importantly... Have patience... Knowing you either don't have time, motivation, or means to crank out the fixes or whatever...

Then... Others hear about it... And they want a try... But they don't know the original guy... So they start running their mouths... Demanding things... And making dude feel bad about his hobby...

Now... Many be they wanted to help... With logs... Or whatever... But actually... All they've done is piss dude off to the point that he stops sharing...

Seen it happen many times... Lost a lot of cool things over the years here... Due to idiots...

And when I see 2 posts in a row... Putting someone on blast... I return the volley...

There are no expectations... This is not Essential's help desk...

This is some dude... In his basement... Either pissing off his parents... Or his wife (or her husband... Or whatever) because he's coding for fun...

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs
This is one of the greatest post I've ever read here. This should be stickied somewhere.

Reactions: JoshuaUB78

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
[/COLOR]

Oh, I didn't...
I think boot will be flashed when I flash whole .zip as well as vendor and system partion.
Am I wrong?
By the way, I use twrp flashed rom in both ab slots.

When you are flashing your boot partition with TWRP, yes... You must replace TWRP with a boot.img before being able to boot back into a room.

And there really isn't a need to be messing with both a/b slots simultaneously

I'd recommend a back-to-basics followed by flashing a custom rom if your choice as instructed by that OP

weiyangbo

Mar 25, 2015
When you are flashing your boot partition with TWRP, yes... You must replace TWRP with a boot.img before being able to boot back into a room.

And there really isn't a need to be messing with both a/b slots simultaneously

I'd recommend a back-to-basics followed by flashing a custom rom if your choice as instructed by that OP

I just noticed that the kernel source has not been updated for two months while the vendor source has been updated to july version. Is there any possibility that boot failure caused by mismatched source codes?
I has tried RR, AOSIP and AICP. They are all work fine. Are you in Invictrix ROM now? Just tell me which build are you using now and I will have another try?

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I just noticed that the kernel source has not been updated for two months while the vendor source has been updated to july version. Is there any possibility that boot failure caused by mismatched source codes?
I has tried RR, AOSIP and AICP. They are all work fine. Are you in Invictrix ROM now? Just tell me which build are you using now and I will have another try?

I don't mean to be rude....
But you notice the kernel source hasn't been updated for two months(that's because there was no need to update the kernel) and you see vendor source is updated to July......

What has that got to do with the fact you need to flash a working kernel(boot.img) back to the boot partition after using TWRP, and prior to booting into the rom?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Oh, I didn't...
I think boot will be flashed when I flash whole .zip as well as vendor and system partion.
Am I wrong?
By the way, I use twrp flashed rom in both ab slots.

Yes you are wrong.

Need to flash a working boot.img and replace the TWRP you put in the boot partition.

On these a/b devices, kernel recovery and ramdisk all share the boot partition. If you flash TWRP via fastboot, you are essentially telling the phone to boot recovery instead of booting the kernel>rom

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

No I am not "in" Invictrix.

I am a board member of Team Bliss. We collaborate and work with the man behind Invictrix. The OP. He is a good guy. He has also stopped building this rom and sharing it with XDA.

I hope you learn what you are doing with your device, and don't end up breaking things. There is plenty of material on XDA/the interwebs to help you become more familiar with the Essential Phone, and common practices with a/b treble supported devices.

Take care, and good luck

Reactions: dirtyreturn

weiyangbo

Mar 25, 2015
I don't mean to be rude....
But you notice the kernel source hasn't been updated for two months(that's because there was no need to update the kernel) and you see vendor source is updated to July......

What has that got to do with the fact you need to flash a working kernel(boot.img) back to the boot partition after using TWRP, and prior to booting into the rom?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Yes you are wrong.

Need to flash a working boot.img and replace the TWRP you put in the boot partition.

On these a/b devices, kernel recovery and ramdisk all share the boot partition. If you flash TWRP via fastboot, you are essentially telling the phone to boot recovery instead of booting the kernel>rom

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

No I am not "in" Invictrix.

I am a board member of Team Bliss. We collaborate and work with the man behind Invictrix. The OP. He is a good guy. He has also stopped building this rom and sharing it with XDA.

I hope you learn what you are doing with your device, and don't end up breaking things. There is plenty of material on XDA/the interwebs to help you become more familiar with the Essential Phone, and common practices with a/b treble supported devices.

Take care, and good luck

Thank you for your reply:D
I will have another try and make sure the kernel is flashed to boot partition.
By the way, I was very impressed by BlissRom, I still remeber BlissRom bring me to Android Lolipop. Very appreciate for your work!

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
https://invictrixrom.com/ did you check there first before posting or was it just for conversation?

No, I checked first. According to @ElfinJNoty, the OP has stopped building the ROM/sharing on XDA. So, I checked their website and saw the last build was 07/28 and I'm still wondering if this ROM is maintained anywhere...

P.S. --- also for conversation. Maybe, there may be a final answer or something.
P.S.S. --- @USA-RedDragon , is your decision to stop maintaining for this device altogether???

Last edited:

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
No, I checked first. According to @ElfinJNoty, the OP has stopped building the ROM/sharing on XDA. So, I checked their website and saw the last build was 07/28 and I'm still wondering if this ROM is maintained anywhere...

P.S. --- also for conversation. Maybe, there may be a final answer or something.
P.S.S. --- @USA-RedDragon , is your decision to stop maintaining for this device altogether???

Seems like it stopped being built to make room for the Android p bring up...I have nothing to prove this, it's just an assumption

Reactions: dirtyreturn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    deso_logo.gif

Invictrix ROM
    For the Essential PH-1 (mata)​

Welcome to Invictrix!! Our goal is to provide users with a unique staple in Android Development which aims at stability and optimizations along with what we feel is the perfect amount of features. We hope you enjoy this ROM as much as our great team has had while building it. With that said, We are in no way shape or form responsible if you brick your phone.

Features:

List coming soon, we just got the 8.1 platform building yesterday.

More features to come

Downloads:
    ROM -
    First Build
    Second Build
    Second Build boot.img
    Gapps are built in.

Issues:
    Safetynet doesn't pass. Will be fixed tomorrow
    Updater doesn't show progress, but it still works

Source:
    ROM - InvictrixROM
    Device Trees - InvictrixROM-Devices
    Kernel - Kernel Source

Reporting Bugs:
    Logcat, Logcat, Logcat
    Please submit logs if you're having an issue. If there is no log we cannot help you. Simply clogging the threads with “This issue happened, fix it” will get you nowhere and you will be ignored. To Also add to the Log Criteria, Your bug report won't be used if:
    - You are not on a clean flash of the ROM
    - If you're using Xposed
    - If you’ve flashed any other mod that tweaks System in any way
    So help us to help you and provide logs for issues. Thanks.

Other:
    Feel free to join our Telegram community
    Our Telegram Chat
    Or on Google Plus
    Google Plus
    Or on our Website
    invictrixrom.com

XDA:DevDB Information
    Invictrix, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    USA-RedDragon
    Source Code: https://GitHub.com/InvictrixROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2018-01-15
    I'm gearing up for a HUGE release soon. I fixed most of the noticable bugs(known exception is notch cutting into fullscreen apps), added a lot of features to the ROM, and Updater now works as expected(including magisk install, we don't have a server yet, so no downloads).
    Everyone should rejoice today. I managed to get magisk to install during the ROM build. So no more needing twrp for root
    im not exactly new, rooting and doing custom roms way back to when htc hero came out.

I know about how ETAs are some weird taboo.

your attitude though, is unnecessary.

What I do know is that your type of behavior kills threads and user support to custom roms.

The dev here might as well drop this project, any potential interests in this rom will be turned away by your type of posts.

Funnily enough, their post made me laugh and want to continue my hobby. They're right. I do this as a hobby, work a full-time job, work on *other* projects and help with *other* devices. Invictrix got 5 more devices brought up in the last week with some help from me. As long as I own mata and don't sell it(probably won't for a year, this is a really good phone) there will be builds. But forget all this entitlement. If I so much as don't feel in the mood to release, I don't have to. There were still some issues in the build I was going to release that I'm working with a tester to help fix. And yes @rignfool my girlfriend doesn't much like the time I put into rom development, when it could be used to spend more time as a family.

So if someone wants to complain about releases, they can go make their own builds and worry about the problems of the builds in their personal time. The source code is up. It's on GitHub. Get going.
    Side note: nfc works and I added a few more options to Settings-> display for dt2s and pixel navbar and lockscreen torch