FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

1,584 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,916

Post Reply Email Thread
15th November 2017, 11:37 PM |#111  
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Anyone else having cell standby issues? I have signal, but it's saying that I don't. And it's used 10% of my battery drain today.

16th November 2017, 12:08 AM |#112  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I'm getting the same update error going from the 13th to the 15th. I see two updates available on the 15th, but I am unable to download either.
16th November 2017, 12:42 AM |#113  
Kansas City

More
Just a head's up, if you choose "LTE" as your preferred network mode, it'll connect to data only. You won't be able to make non-data calls. At least that's what happened to me on Sprint.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rdeets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdeets Ad-Free
16th November 2017, 12:49 AM |#114  
Chiming in since nobody's mentioned it yet...

Just flashed the latest 11/15 nightly and audio still doesn't work for bottom mic (still linked to the earpiece mic).
16th November 2017, 01:08 AM |#115  
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeBruinXDA

I don't have android auto but I have a similar issue in that my phone connects via bluetooth but the audio still plays from my phone for some reason. I've tried turning my bluetooth on and off and confirmed it is connected to my car, but the audio doesn't transmit.

I have the stock nougat audio policies xml file and was going to try to mess around with the audio files tonight and see if they work I'll post my updates. Just curious is anyone able how to root on the stock ROM and send or upload the stock audio XML files? I wonder if just replacing those with the stock ones will work...
16th November 2017, 01:38 AM |#116  
Kansas City

More
Are there any differences in the two 1115 builds?

Edit: I'll answer myself.

It seems that the lineage-14.1-20171115_022750-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build has working fingerprint sensor, but non-working Android Auto and bluetooth.

It seems the lineage-14.1-20171115_190237-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build has working bluetooth (audio), but a non-working fingerprint sensor. Not in my car currently to test Android Auto.

So... If you need the fingerprint sensor more than bluetooth, use the lineage-14.1-20171115_022750-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip.

If you need bluetooth more than the fingerprint sensor, use the lineage-14.1-20171115_190237-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build.

Edit 2: Android Auto does work in build lineage-14.1-20171115_190237-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdeets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdeets Ad-Free
16th November 2017, 03:50 AM |#117  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeets

Just a head's up, if you choose "LTE" as your preferred network mode, it'll connect to data only. You won't be able to make non-data calls. At least that's what happened to me on Sprint.

Same thing on AT&T, if i leave it on "global" it connects to LTE fine. When i move it to LTE it disconnects on every phone call.
16th November 2017, 03:54 AM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfernz63

Cool thanks man ill try that

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

SWEET, thanks tclaybor! addonsu-14.1-arm64.zip worked and now i have root, android pay doesnt work but thats okay i just need to edit the files and will post back to let you guys know if i could fix the volume issue.

Side note, has anyone tried the 11/15 build? Is volume fixed there, any issues?

The reason you use Magisk instead of addonsu is because in Nougat 7.1, its basically impossible to mount /system as read/write, meaning you can't do a lot of things you rooted for. Since Magisk doesn't write to any system files, you can do whatever you want with it.

I tried addonsu at first too. Just make sure if you do flash Magisk later that you flash the addonsu uninstall zip or at least disable root in developer options, else you'll break something like I did.

Sent from my Essential PH-1 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote:

Anyone else having cell standby issues? I have signal, but it's saying that I don't. And it's used 10% of my battery drain today.

Make sure you check your APN settings. Mine was set to the wrong APN type, but was still working. It was causing issues.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote:

Are there any differences in the two 1115 builds?

Edit: I'll answer myself.

It seems that the lineage-14.1-20171115_022750-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build has working fingerprint sensor, but non-working Android Auto and bluetooth.

It seems the lineage-14.1-20171115_190237-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build has working bluetooth (audio), but a non-working fingerprint sensor. Not in my car currently to test Android Auto.

So... If you need the fingerprint sensor more than bluetooth, use the lineage-14.1-20171115_022750-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip.

If you need bluetooth more than the fingerprint sensor, use the lineage-14.1-20171115_190237-UNOFFICIAL-mata.zip build.

Or you could use 1112 with the TWRP i posted on page 2 and have everything working lol

The Following User Says Thank You to tclaybor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tclaybor Ad-Free
16th November 2017, 04:15 AM |#119  
Kansas City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaybor

Or you could use 1112 with the TWRP i posted on page 2 and have everything working lol

Not quite sure a recovery could cause everything to work. Wouldn't that be a rom issue rather than a recovery issue?
16th November 2017, 04:51 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Not quite sure a recovery could cause everything to work. Wouldn't that be a rom issue rather than a recovery issue?

I'm no ROM developer, just an embedded software engineer, so I'm sort of out of my element here.

That TWRP build has all the latest drivers, or so I was told. But I can say my setup on my daily driver is 1112 + that TWRP build and I have a 100℅ working build. 0 bugs so far and I'm able to boot to recovery any time without re-flashing. I also have root via Magisk.

My developer device on the other hand.. It keeps up with the latest builds and updating to a new build reveals new bugs, and fixes others.

16th November 2017, 11:07 AM |#121  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaybor

I'm no ROM developer, just an embedded software engineer, so I'm sort of out of my element here.

That TWRP build has all the latest drivers, or so I was told. But I can say my setup on my daily driver is 1112 + that TWRP build and I have a 100℅ working build. 0 bugs so far and I'm able to boot to recovery any time without re-flashing. I also have root via Magisk.

My developer device on the other hand.. It keeps up with the latest builds and updating to a new build reveals new bugs, and fixes others.

dumb question but where can i get the 1112 build once it's not on the download page from page 1?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)