FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

1,582 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,908

Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2019, 03:08 PM |#1511  
Flag Taos New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidian5

Maintainers

haggertk

intervigil

jrior001

rashed

These folks are listed in the wiki as the maintainers.

One of the reasons I snatched this phone last September was because I believed it was going to get official builds from LOS fairly soon.. I've never regretted my Mata purchase and have fond the custom-rom/dev-support to be top notch. This phone is blessed with lots of great ROMs (most all from telegram), I had however pretty much given up on my dream of official Lineage for Mata, and so, It was a good surprise yesterday, seeing in my Google feed that nightly builds had started up.

I will say that this build feels light and solid, right out of the gate! Its still very early to give a real educated review but I've almost got that "Christmas came early" vibe. Its funny because this is what I was looking for a year ago but had given up on.

I just can't shake the feeling that there's a good story behind the curtain about this oddball phones journey to nightly builds... Would love to hear a "behind the scenes story" form someone like @haggertk

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swiftbones74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swiftbones74 Ad-Free
13th June 2019, 11:53 PM |#1512  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftbones74

One of the reasons I snatched this phone last September was because I believed it was going to get official builds from LOS fairly
phones journey to nightly builds... Would love to hear a "behind the scenes story" form someone like @haggertk

I suspect the fact that we're getting day one updates reduces the need for custom ROMs to an extent, but I agree Official LOS was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully this continues till after we've lost regular stock updates/support.

PS Big thanks to the Devs if you guys are listening! You guys rock!

EDIT: say, does cyandelta work with these builds? Is cyandelta even maintained any more? (It's sorta like delta updates for custom ROMs, so you don't have to spend too much time downloading updates, plus it auto flashes any zips you want after)
14th June 2019, 12:35 AM |#1513  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftbones74

One of the reasons I snatched this phone last September was because I believed it was going to get official builds from LOS fairly soon.. I've never regretted my Mata purchase and have fond the custom-rom/dev-support to be top notch. This phone is blessed with lots of great ROMs (most all from telegram), I had however pretty much given up on my dream of official Lineage for Mata, and so, It was a good surprise yesterday, seeing in my Google feed that nightly builds had started up.

I will say that this build feels light and solid, right out of the gate! Its still very early to give a real educated review but I've almost got that "Christmas came early" vibe. Its funny because this is what I was looking for a year ago but had given up on.

I just can't shake the feeling that there's a good story behind the curtain about this oddball phones journey to nightly builds... Would love to hear a "behind the scenes story" form someone like @haggertk

dude, worth to move away from luqiud os and give this a chance?
14th June 2019, 03:11 PM |#1514  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,908

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by panaderodc

Funny, I thought I must be the only one using /e/ . i love the battery savings, though things tend to freeze up occasionally - I'm guessing that the apps are newer than nougat and are looking for things that aren't there. SMS also chokes on pics, no matter which app I use.
Just posted this info yesterday elsewhere here and now I see 16.0 los for mata. Time for a little work...

That's odd. Haven't had any freeze ups at all over the months. The apps used there are pretty much the same ones I use on other ROMs, mostly microG-based, ranging from KitKat thru Oreo. Don't think it's an app age thing.
QKSMS (Message) is what I use for SMS. I've sent and received pics okay also.
Hmm, maybe a filesystem issue like encryption, f2fs, or whatnot?

I see there's a Lineage 16 for microG so I'm kind of surprised that /e/ mata is still Nougat.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, MSM-Xtended v2.5 ROM, MultiROM, XDA Legacy
5th August 2019, 11:10 PM |#1515  
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

I see there's a Lineage 16 for microG so I'm kind of surprised that /e/ mata is still Nougat.

Though an unofficial build is available
The Following User Says Thank You to dogmatism For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dogmatism Ad-Free
10th August 2019, 06:27 PM |#1516  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Has anyone tried upgrading from this LOS 16 to the new official builds? I mean without clearing data. Any luck?
(make sure to flash opengapps nano)
10th August 2019, 08:21 PM |#1517  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I did without any issue. You will have to run a script that will manage the different signing keys. It is called lineage-migration-signed.zip and AFAIK can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...45&postcount=2

I upgraded from 15.1 invisiblek build to LOS 16 official without noticing any real issue.

Cheers,
Raoul
The Following User Says Thank You to raoulbhatia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raoulbhatia Ad-Free
10th August 2019, 09:59 PM |#1518  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

That's odd. Haven't had any freeze ups at all over the months. The apps used there are pretty much the same ones I use on other ROMs, mostly microG-based, ranging from KitKat thru Oreo. Don't think it's an app age thing.
QKSMS (Message) is what I use for SMS. I've sent and received pics okay also.
Hmm, maybe a filesystem issue like encryption, f2fs, or whatnot?

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, MSM-Xtended v2.5 ROM, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Yeah I thought we'd be at least on Oreo by now, but not overly worried as security patches are up to date and /e/ is running smoothly as a daily driver for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)