FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

1,584 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,922

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2020, 06:54 AM |#1521  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvisforme

I'm still on invisiblek's LOS 15; what would be the best path to follow to move to LOS 16 nightlies? Can I just use the detailed instructions in the other discussion or do I need to return to stock first?

No need to revert to stock - perhaps this wouls even be a bad idea, as right now you have everything co figured for a custom ROM?

As said, I recall having no issues using the procedure from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...45&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvxda

How to dirty flash an official weekly over an unofficial build (and vice versa)?

When trying to update an unofficial build to an official weekly build, I get an error message in TWRP saying
"Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset". How do I fix that?

At the start of an installation the installer checks the build keys. They differ between unoffical and official builds, and the installer refuses to overwrite builds with different keys. To fix this you have to install the official keys before trying to install the official build:

1. Run this script called lineage-migration-signed.zip in TWRP.
  2. Then install the official ROM zip.
You only have to do this for the first switch from unoffical to offical build.

There may be reason to dirty flash an unofficial build over an official build, for instance, if you're developing or testing new stuff. The problem is the same, just in the other direction: You have to install the unofficial build keys:
  1. Run this script called lineage-migration-unsigned.zip in TWRP.
  2. Then install the unofficial ROM zip.

See also my post from August in this thread.

Best of success!
Raoul
8th January 2020, 05:21 PM |#1522  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Missing commits
I have a couple of questions.

1. There used to be a LineageOS 16.0 thread for the Essential PH-1 in this forum. Where did it go? Did someone delete it by accident?

2. When I look at the list of "changes for all devices" at the LineageOS website, I see lots of commits for the PH-1. Here are a few examples.
Code:
scsi: ufs: Add discard command support to ufs debugfs req. stats	android_kernel_essential_msm8998
scsi: ufs: Adding io_stats to UFS debugfs				android_kernel_essential_msm8998
blkdev: Refactoring block io latency histogram codes			android_kernel_essential_msm8998
scsi: ufs: Add UFS slow I/O monitoring.					android_kernel_essential_msm8998
scsi: ufs: Add discard command support to ufs debugfs req. stats	android_kernel_essential_msm8998
blkdev: Refactoring block io latency histogram codes			android_kernel_essential_msm8998
mata: Mount persist using Android firmware DT entry			android_device_essential_mata
mata: Update to Dec 05 vendor security patch				android_device_essential_mata
ASoC: wcd_cpe_core: Allow DSP to process after LSM message		android_kernel_essential_msm8998
However, when I look at the PH-1 builds page, none of these commits seem to show up in the build content. Why not?
10th January 2020, 06:04 PM |#1523  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jacob

1. There used to be a LineageOS 16.0 thread for the Essential PH-1 in this forum. Where did it go? Did someone delete it by accident?

2. When I look at the list of "changes for all devices" at the LineageOS website, I see lots of commits for the PH-1. Here are a few examples.

Code:
mata: Mount persist using Android firmware DT entry			android_device_essential_mata
mata: Update to Dec 05 vendor security patch				android_device_essential_mata
ASoC: wcd_cpe_core: Allow DSP to process after LSM message		android_kernel_essential_msm8998
However, when I look at the PH-1 builds page, none of these commits seem to show up in the build content. Why not?

Anybody? There was a new commit today:
Code:
mata: Switch to lazy WiFi HAL		android_device_essential_mata
But when I look at the PH-1 builds page, it is not in the latest build nor in the list of changes for the next build.
Code:
Changes to be included in next build
Changes included in lineage-16.0-20200110-nightly-mata-signed.zip
Changes included in lineage-16.0-20200109-nightly-mata-signed.zip
Changes included in lineage-16.0-20200108-nightly-mata-signed.zip
Changes included in lineage-16.0-20200107-nightly-mata-signed.zip
media: Fix compiler warnings		android_hardware_qcom_media
gps: msm8960: Fix compiler warnings	android_hardware_qcom_gps
memtrack: Fix hal_api_version		android_hardware_qcom_display
11th January 2020, 12:49 AM |#1524  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_jacob

Anybody? There was a new commit today:

But when I look at the PH-1 builds page, it is not in the latest build nor in the list of changes for the next build.

I don't know about the 16.0 thread either, but for the 2nd question, as I have seen those commits are for the lineageos 17.1 branch. You can check it out on github but I think that's the reason why you don't see them in the 16.0 changelog, as they are not included in these builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardrift For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ardrift Ad-Free
11th January 2020, 02:09 AM |#1525  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardrift

I don't know about the 16.0 thread either, but for the 2nd question, as I have seen those commits are for the lineageos 17.1 branch. You can check it out on github but I think that's the reason why you don't see them in the 16.0 changelog, as they are not included in these builds.

Thanks a lot, this makes perfect sense! It's good to know that 17.1 is under active development.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john_jacob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift john_jacob Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)