FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

1,582 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,908

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2018, 09:15 PM |#501  
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLocksmith

Just an FYI, after applying the 12-22-2017 update the fingerprint reader stopped responding for me.
A second restart did not fix the problem, but re-applying the 12-22-2017 update from LineageOS updates did the trick.

On further analysis, the issue appears to be related to my A/B setup rather than the 12/22 image. After updating to the most recent image (12/28) on both slots, one side has fingerprint functionality while the other does not. Not entirely sure how to address it, but for now using TWRP to select the working slot is a workaround.
2nd January 2018, 09:24 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Quote:

On further analysis, the issue appears to be related to my A/B setup rather than the 12/22 image. After updating to the most recent image (12/28) on both slots, one side has fingerprint functionality while the other does not. Not entirely sure how to address it, but for now using TWRP to select the working slot is a workaround.

You should flash the stock firmware (without system and boot partitions and without wiping data) to both slots.
Also, make sure you don't keep running the TWRP boot image but use the actual LOS boot image instead.
3rd January 2018, 01:47 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=392
3rd January 2018, 03:06 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
@invisiblek I see you have a new year gift for us - today's build is for LOS v15.1 - thank you so much!

Any special instructions on installing it? Firmware needed?
Can it be flashed right on top of 1228 build or need to wipe data first?
3rd January 2018, 03:29 AM |#505  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by socali

@invisiblek I see you have a new year gift for us - today's build is for LOS v15.1 - thank you so much!

Any special instructions on installing it? Firmware needed?
Can it be flashed right on top of 1228 build or need to wipe data first?

You need to be on O firmware, so flash back to stock for that, then you can apply the 15.1 rom.
3rd January 2018, 12:51 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I'm going to try 15.1 today, but has anyone already flashed? Any tips to get everything working smoothly. Also does TWRP back up work well to get back to working incase something goes wrong. Also, is it possible to dual boot 15.1 and stock with the a/b partitions?
3rd January 2018, 02:02 PM |#507  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdicholas

I'm going to try 15.1 today, but has anyone already flashed? Any tips to get everything working smoothly. Also does TWRP back up work well to get back to working incase something goes wrong. Also, is it possible to dual boot 15.1 and stock with the a/b partitions?

Twrp is only used to flash roms, that is it. if you try flashing it after you install a rom I believe it breaks wifi. No you can't dual boot.
3rd January 2018, 02:04 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
has anybody tried to root the 15.1 version? what is the standard procedure? thx.
3rd January 2018, 02:31 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Flash LOS 15.1 > Boot up (make sure no lock pin or password is enabled) > reboot to BL > flash TWRP > install stock LOS 15.1 boot > flash Magisk > reboot
thanks to bmg1001
The Following User Says Thank You to nicoconepala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicoconepala Ad-Free
3rd January 2018, 02:41 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

Twrp is only used to flash roms, that is it. if you try flashing it after you install a rom I believe it breaks wifi. No you can't dual boot.

TWRP seems to have lost touch controls on Oreo firmware for me.
3rd January 2018, 02:58 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco32

TWRP seems to have lost touch controls on Oreo firmware for me.

yep it's a known issue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)