FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Seeking sonimxp5800 firehose_8920 file

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By eleotk, Member on 18th November 2019, 02:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Seeking sonimxp5800 firehose_8920 file


essential-phone :The thread is closed, this is the tested version of the firmware, the key cannot be verified


Code:
C:\Users\x\Desktop\fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:4157000
(bootloader) variant:QRD eMMC
(bootloader) secure:yes
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) display-panel:
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:0
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 0x1ff00000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:       0x40000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:    0x2858d0e00
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system:      0xa0000000
(bootloader) serialno:c3cacaf3
(bootloader) kernel:lk
(bootloader) product:QC_REFERENCE_PHONE
all:
finished. total time: 0.111s



XP5812:/ $ cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

 254        0     524288 zram0
 179        0   15388672 mmcblk0
 179        1     106496 mmcblk0p1
 179        2          1 mmcblk0p2
 179        3          8 mmcblk0p3
 179        4        512 mmcblk0p4
 179        5        512 mmcblk0p5
 179        6        512 mmcblk0p6
 179        7        512 mmcblk0p7
 179        8       2048 mmcblk0p8
 179        9       2048 mmcblk0p9
 179       10        256 mmcblk0p10
 179       11        256 mmcblk0p11
 179       12      16384 mmcblk0p12
 179       13       1536 mmcblk0p13
 179       14       1536 mmcblk0p14
 179       15         32 mmcblk0p15
 179       16       1536 mmcblk0p16
 179       17         16 mmcblk0p17
 179       18      11264 mmcblk0p18
 179       19       1024 mmcblk0p19
 179       20       1024 mmcblk0p20
 179       21      65536 mmcblk0p21
 179       22      65536 mmcblk0p22
 179       23       1024 mmcblk0p23
 179       24    2621440 mmcblk0p24
 179       25    1048576 mmcblk0p25
 179       26      32768 mmcblk0p26
 179       27       1024 mmcblk0p27
 179       28        512 mmcblk0p28
 179       29         32 mmcblk0p29
 179       30     262144 mmcblk0p30
 179       31         32 mmcblk0p31
 259        0        512 mmcblk0p32
 259        1       1024 mmcblk0p33
 259        2      32768 mmcblk0p34
 259        3        512 mmcblk0p35
 259        4       4096 mmcblk0p36
 259        5        256 mmcblk0p37
 259        6        256 mmcblk0p38
 259        7        256 mmcblk0p39
 259        8        256 mmcblk0p40
 259        9        256 mmcblk0p41
 259       10        256 mmcblk0p42
 259       11        256 mmcblk0p43
 259       12        256 mmcblk0p44
 259       13          8 mmcblk0p45
 259       14       9020 mmcblk0p46
 259       15       7636 mmcblk0p47
 259       16       5824 mmcblk0p48
 259       17       4820 mmcblk0p49
 259       18   10576707 mmcblk0p50
 179       32       4096 mmcblk0rpmb
 253        0    2580508 dm-0
 253        1   10576691 dm-1
XP5812:/ $

XP5812:/ $cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 2
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 3
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

Hardware        : Qualcomm Technologies, Inc MSM8920
XP5812:/ $
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eleotk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eleotk Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 03:05 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
what is a firehose file? and what is the zip file attached?
18th November 2019, 03:51 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijohnson

what is a firehose file? and what is the zip file attached?

This looks very interesting! I have a dead essential I can use this on if you can confirm it works!!!
18th November 2019, 04:45 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I have a dead one as well. But I have no idea what to do with the file.
18th November 2019, 10:01 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijohnson

what is a firehose file? and what is the zip file attached?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...45&postcount=6
18th November 2019, 10:07 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijohnson

I have a dead one as well. But I have no idea what to do with the file.

Initial Steps
EDL mode refresh firmware
19th November 2019, 04:52 PM |#7  
St.Noigel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk
Thanks Meter: 314
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleotk

Initial Steps
EDL mode refresh firmware

Initial step #1 - get pasword ((
Does anybody found it?
19th November 2019, 04:57 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I can't find password out. Can you just post it directly? Thanks a lot.
19th November 2019, 06:35 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
One idea.. Has anyone asked Sonim?

They gave me debug images along with flash tools for the XP8 when I asked about a year ago.. Although not as useful as the early (unlockable) debug images provided by eleotk.. Sonim had to verify I was local in the US and it took a few days but was not an issue. We are seeing now that many variations of the debug image exist for the XP8 so I'm sure it's the same case on this XP5812.

They do seem to keep a tighter grip on the XP5s since custom apps require Sonim direct validation/signing but it may be worth a shot since any debug images they provide would have the required mbn file for flashing.

Obviously you need to give them a developer style excuse as they will likely not help if they know your trying to modify the device.

I would ask them myself however the only XP5s I have is a Sprint XP5800 that's working with the ZTE 8920 mbn file. This issue appears unique to the variant I believe? Aside from the XP5823 label - it looks simular on my end.

Code:
XP5823:/ $ su
XP5823:/ # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

 254        0     524288 zram0
 179        0   15388672 mmcblk0
 179        1     106496 mmcblk0p1
 179        2          1 mmcblk0p2
 179        3          8 mmcblk0p3
 179        4        512 mmcblk0p4
 179        5        512 mmcblk0p5
 179        6        512 mmcblk0p6
 179        7        512 mmcblk0p7
 179        8       2048 mmcblk0p8
 179        9       2048 mmcblk0p9
 179       10        256 mmcblk0p10
 179       11        256 mmcblk0p11
 179       12      16384 mmcblk0p12
 179       13       1536 mmcblk0p13
 179       14       1536 mmcblk0p14
 179       15         32 mmcblk0p15
 179       16       1536 mmcblk0p16
 179       17         16 mmcblk0p17
 179       18      11264 mmcblk0p18
 179       19       1024 mmcblk0p19
 179       20       1024 mmcblk0p20
 179       21      65536 mmcblk0p21
 179       22      65536 mmcblk0p22
 179       23       1024 mmcblk0p23
 179       24    2621440 mmcblk0p24
 179       25    1048576 mmcblk0p25
 179       26      32768 mmcblk0p26
 179       27       1024 mmcblk0p27
 179       28        512 mmcblk0p28
 179       29         32 mmcblk0p29
 179       30     262144 mmcblk0p30
 179       31         32 mmcblk0p31
 259        0        512 mmcblk0p32
 259        1       1024 mmcblk0p33
 259        2      32768 mmcblk0p34
 259        3        512 mmcblk0p35
 259        4       4096 mmcblk0p36
 259        5        256 mmcblk0p37
 259        6        256 mmcblk0p38
 259        7        256 mmcblk0p39
 259        8        256 mmcblk0p40
 259        9        256 mmcblk0p41
 259       10        256 mmcblk0p42
 259       11        256 mmcblk0p43
 259       12        256 mmcblk0p44
 259       13          8 mmcblk0p45
 259       14       9020 mmcblk0p46
 259       15       7636 mmcblk0p47
 259       16       5824 mmcblk0p48
 259       17       4820 mmcblk0p49
 259       18   10576707 mmcblk0p50
 179       32       4096 mmcblk0rpmb
 253        0   10576691 dm-0


XP5823:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 2
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 3
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

Hardware        : Qualcomm Technologies, Inc MSM8920
XP5823:/ #
Edit.. Missed the bootloader options. The Sprint variant at least seems to be shipped in an unlocked state with secure boot also disabled. This is likely why it trusts the ZTE mbn file.
Code:
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:3745000
(bootloader) variant:QRD eMMC
(bootloader) secure:no
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) display-panel:
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:0
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 0x1ff00000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:       0x40000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:    0x2858d0e00
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system:      0xa0000000
(bootloader) model:XP5800
(bootloader) build:5SA.0.2-03-7.1.2-29.03.00
(bootloader) imei:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) serialno:XXXXXXXX
(bootloader) kernel:lk
(bootloader) product:QC_REFERENCE_PHONE
all:
finished. total time: 0.030s
20th November 2019, 12:20 AM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Maybe my English is not well written, password: sonimxp5800
The Following User Says Thank You to eleotk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eleotk Ad-Free
20th November 2019, 12:29 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyou

One idea.. Has anyone asked Sonim?

They gave me debug images along with flash tools for the XP8 when I asked about a year ago.. Although not as useful as the early (unlockable) debug images provided by eleotk.. Sonim had to verify I was local in the US and it took a few days but was not an issue. We are seeing now that many variations of the debug image exist for the XP8 so I'm sure it's the same case on this XP5812.

They do seem to keep a tighter grip on the XP5s since custom apps require Sonim direct validation/signing but it may be worth a shot since any debug images they provide would have the required mbn file for flashing.

Obviously you need to give them a developer style excuse as they will likely not help if they know your trying to modify the device.

I would ask them myself however the only XP5s I have is a Sprint XP5800 that's working with the ZTE 8920 mbn file. This issue appears unique to the variant I believe? Aside from the XP5823 label - it looks simular on my end.

Code:
XP5823:/ $ su
XP5823:/ # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

 254        0     524288 zram0
 179        0   15388672 mmcblk0
 179        1     106496 mmcblk0p1
 179        2          1 mmcblk0p2
 179        3          8 mmcblk0p3
 179        4        512 mmcblk0p4
 179        5        512 mmcblk0p5
 179        6        512 mmcblk0p6
 179        7        512 mmcblk0p7
 179        8       2048 mmcblk0p8
 179        9       2048 mmcblk0p9
 179       10        256 mmcblk0p10
 179       11        256 mmcblk0p11
 179       12      16384 mmcblk0p12
 179       13       1536 mmcblk0p13
 179       14       1536 mmcblk0p14
 179       15         32 mmcblk0p15
 179       16       1536 mmcblk0p16
 179       17         16 mmcblk0p17
 179       18      11264 mmcblk0p18
 179       19       1024 mmcblk0p19
 179       20       1024 mmcblk0p20
 179       21      65536 mmcblk0p21
 179       22      65536 mmcblk0p22
 179       23       1024 mmcblk0p23
 179       24    2621440 mmcblk0p24
 179       25    1048576 mmcblk0p25
 179       26      32768 mmcblk0p26
 179       27       1024 mmcblk0p27
 179       28        512 mmcblk0p28
 179       29         32 mmcblk0p29
 179       30     262144 mmcblk0p30
 179       31         32 mmcblk0p31
 259        0        512 mmcblk0p32
 259        1       1024 mmcblk0p33
 259        2      32768 mmcblk0p34
 259        3        512 mmcblk0p35
 259        4       4096 mmcblk0p36
 259        5        256 mmcblk0p37
 259        6        256 mmcblk0p38
 259        7        256 mmcblk0p39
 259        8        256 mmcblk0p40
 259        9        256 mmcblk0p41
 259       10        256 mmcblk0p42
 259       11        256 mmcblk0p43
 259       12        256 mmcblk0p44
 259       13          8 mmcblk0p45
 259       14       9020 mmcblk0p46
 259       15       7636 mmcblk0p47
 259       16       5824 mmcblk0p48
 259       17       4820 mmcblk0p49
 259       18   10576707 mmcblk0p50
 179       32       4096 mmcblk0rpmb
 253        0   10576691 dm-0


XP5823:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : AArch64 Processor rev 4 (aarch64)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 2
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

processor       : 3
BogoMIPS        : 38.40
Features        : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

Hardware        : Qualcomm Technologies, Inc MSM8920
XP5823:/ #
Edit.. Missed the bootloader options. The Sprint variant at least seems to be shipped in an unlocked state with secure boot also disabled. This is likely why it trusts the ZTE mbn file.
Code:
(bootloader) version:0.5
(bootloader) battery-soc-ok:yes
(bootloader) battery-voltage:3745000
(bootloader) variant:QRD eMMC
(bootloader) secure:no
(bootloader) version-baseband:
(bootloader) version-bootloader:
(bootloader) display-panel:
(bootloader) off-mode-charge:0
(bootloader) charger-screen-enabled:0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 0x1ff00000
(bootloader) partition-type:cache:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:cache:       0x40000000
(bootloader) partition-type:userdata:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:userdata:    0x2858d0e00
(bootloader) partition-type:system:ext4
(bootloader) partition-size:system:      0xa0000000
(bootloader) model:XP5800
(bootloader) build:5SA.0.2-03-7.1.2-29.03.00
(bootloader) imei:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) serialno:XXXXXXXX
(bootloader) kernel:lk
(bootloader) product:QC_REFERENCE_PHONE
all:
finished. total time: 0.030s

It seems that I should find the Sprint version XP5800 easier, XP5800 is too little information.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes