Microphone issues on LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Owei1337

Jul 30, 2020
Hi folks,

I'm kinda new to the Mod community. A few days ago I successfully flashed to LineageOS 17.1 to receive security patches and get rid of the google services. Phone runs smoothly and nicely. Now there is just one annoying issue: Whenever I activate the loudspeaker in a voice call the call receiver doesn't understand me anymore. It seems like the microphone gets super silent. This happens in apps like Threema and WhatsApp.
Regular calls and voice recording work without any issues.

What have I tried so far to solve the issue:
  • Editing build.prop with commands I found on the internet
  • Activating different sound fixes using Magisk modules
  • Re-installing chat apps

Am I the only one with this problem? Do you have any other suggestions?

Greetings,
O.

good4y0u

Mar 24, 2011
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 6
Hi folks,

I'm kinda new to the Mod community. A few days ago I successfully flashed to LineageOS 17.1 to receive security patches and get rid of the google services. Phone runs smoothly and nicely. Now there is just one annoying issue: Whenever I activate the loudspeaker in a voice call the call receiver doesn't understand me anymore. It seems like the microphone gets super silent. This happens in apps like Threema and WhatsApp.
Regular calls and voice recording work without any issues.

What have I tried so far to solve the issue:
  • Editing build.prop with commands I found on the internet
  • Activating different sound fixes using Magisk modules
  • Re-installing chat apps

Am I the only one with this problem? Do you have any other suggestions?

Greetings,
O.
I've noticed this issue when downloading or using the google dialer app. If I use the android default dialer there is no issue.. Let me know if you found a fix in the end.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

groovebox

Jan 23, 2008
same issue in Lineageos 17.1

Hi,
I have same microphone issues in phone calls and voice calls in whatsapp. This also happens during a video recording in Essential camera or Gcam app.

But the sound of the microphone is good in the tape recorder application included with lineageos.

This is a bug that the essential team had fixed but which is present in lineageos since android 10.

Please report issue on https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2209#note_378544829 , this will allow the information to be passed to lineageos developers.

Thanks

Owei1337

Jul 30, 2020
Still no fix? Microphone on loudspeaker still doesn't work at all in voice chat apps like WhatsApp. Also the microphone quality without loudspeaker is very underwhelming. Call partner are complaining constantly :(
Do we know how the Essential devs fixed the problem after android 10 update?

bump...

Last edited:

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
I've loudspeaker but work weird, microphone don't work or work very low, my problem is mainly can't lower the volume on videocall.

Could this problem be something out of lineageos? Like something missing of base ph1 system?