No Such Partition

Search This thread

th3 game

Sep 9, 2011
I am not sure when or how this happened, but I have installed Magisk and Xposed a while back (about a month ago) and had no issues. Today I was looking at kernels to install and decided to go into TWRP to do a backup, only to find the stock recovery on my device. Following Rooting Your Essential this time, I was greeted with the error
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (45048 KB)...
OLAY [ 1.385s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: No such partition.)
finished. total time: 1.405s

So there is no recovery partition on my phone currently, but I can still boot to stock recovery

DaveHTC200

Oct 2, 2008
I am not sure when or how this happened, but I have installed Magisk and Xposed a while back (about a month ago) and had no issues. Today I was looking at kernels to install and decided to go into TWRP to do a backup, only to find the stock recovery on my device. Following Rooting Your Essential this time, I was greeted with the error

So there is no recovery partition on my phone currently, but I can still boot to stock recovery

Its likely a dodgy lead or try a different usb port!
I had it before and had to reboot my laptop that was all

tech_head

This should be in the "Help" forum.
There is no recovery partition.
The boot partition holds the recovery.

Reactions: GeminiRx
Jan 15, 2018
Also having trouble ..I can't flash return to stock .no boot partition also .. can flash twrp but from there I'm not sure what to do now .. any help would be great thanks

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
We actually do not have a recovery partition. You want to flash it to your current boot slot.
Do this:
fastboot getvar current-slot
this will return your <letter>

then do
fastboot flash boot_<letter> <filename>.img
You can continue forward.

Thanks...this fixed an issue I had as well rolling back to a Beta version.

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010
We actually do not have a recovery partition. You want to flash it to your current boot slot.
Do this:

then do

im having this issue. is the <filename>.image you are flashing just the boot.img from the system image zip?

IAmNotANerd

Jul 26, 2017
I did that, but nothing happens

If you flash TWRP (twrp-mata_11.img) to the boot partition, that's true. You can only go in recovery. Once your in TWRP, you need to rewrite the boot image.

I'm using a Pixel XL 2, so sorry for the post in the wrong forum, but I lucklily found the post so thought to send the query which was already ongoing here. Nothing still happens and Im stuck, it shows the logo of teamwin recovery porject 3.2.3.1 and it's stuck there. I've no clue how to proceed further.

Reactions: Murabon

R0ttenB4ndit

Jun 23, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: TOPFCR

izzyfanto

Oct 18, 2016
Google Pixel 6
Do this:

then do
Interesting, I did
Code:
fastboot flash [U][B]boot[/B][/U] stock.img
Sending 'boot__b' (20769 KB)                       OKAY [  0.559s]
Writing 'boot__b'                                  FAILED (remote: 'No such partition.')

then did
Code:
fastboot flash [B][U]boot_b[/U][/B] stock.img
Sending 'boot_b' (20769 KB)                        OKAY [  0.557s]
Writing 'boot_b'                                   OKAY [  0.831s]

Any idea why it does the double underscore when not specifying
Code:
__b

....and the single underscore when specifying?
Code:
_b
Very odd behavior. Either way, thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
Reactions: OctaneZ

tuckerchatfield

Apr 13, 2018
New Issue after this solution

Do this:

then do

So I did this and it worked to get twrp booted up, but now a new issue has come up. TWRP is stuck on the splash screen, and I can no longer boot up my phone since this overwrote my boot partition. So I ****ed up and tried to unplug and reboot, but when I did that I reset my USB debugging. So now I can't even get to my phone through adb or fastboot. I can boot into the bootloader, but other than that and starting at the TWRP screen I'm stuck. Any Ideas or solutions? I'm hoping I get lucky and TWRP boots up after a while, but so far it's not looking good.

Hiteshme

Aug 7, 2015
Recovery Done But Not boot in Recovery

Recovery is successfully finished but device not boot in recovery

C:\Users\HitMer\Desktop\one plus 7 pro>fastboot flash boot test-twrp-3.3.1-2-guacamole.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (55976 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.242s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.161s]
finished. total time: 1.412s

C:\Users\HitMer\Desktop\one plus 7 pro>fastboot boot test-twrp-3.3.1-2-guacamole.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.233s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 1.262s

Last edited:

Legitsu

Aug 30, 2013
there is a reason guides tell you to use

fastboot set_active other

because the device will flip flop between active slots depending on OTA

if you simply just specify a slot with fastboot flash boot boot_*

you could flash the wrong slot, which is bad

you do not want to overwrite your current active slot with twrp or you won't be-able to boot

once again the steps are

fastboot flash boot yourtwrpimagehere.img

reboot normally it will boot to twrp

then if your touch screen is not working

adb shell
twrp sideload

adb sideload twrp-installerzip

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do this:

then do
    there is a reason guides tell you to use

because the device will flip flop between active slots depending on OTA

if you simply just specify a slot with fastboot flash boot boot_*

you could flash the wrong slot, which is bad

you do not want to overwrite your current active slot with twrp or you won't be-able to boot

once again the steps are

fastboot flash boot yourtwrpimagehere.img

reboot normally it will boot to twrp

then if your touch screen is not working

adb shell
    twrp sideload

adb sideload twrp-installerzip

Its likely a dodgy lead or try a different usb port!
    I had it before and had to reboot my laptop that was all
    i did that and couldn't boot my phone

If you flash TWRP (twrp-mata_11.img) to the boot partition, that's true. You can only go in recovery. Once you're in TWRP, you need to rewrite the boot image.

This should be in the "Help" forum.
    There is no recovery partition.
    The boot partition holds the recovery.