Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Touch Screen Unresponsive

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By BonkersTheClown, Member on 17th September 2017, 12:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I don't expect there's much that can be done if the hardware is to blame. This reminds me of my Galaxy S3 -- so it's a problem that everyone else fixed ages ago. When I touch the touchscreen, very very often, it doesn't register that touch at all. Sometimes you get a delayed response. This leads to all kinds of fun where you tap the screen again at the same moment that PH-1 responds to your first touch, so it applies your second tap to whatever is going to come up on the screen a half second later.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed by firmware updates or is this a hardware issue?

18th September 2017, 10:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
same here! my huawei honor 8 is much faster
18th September 2017, 02:16 PM |#3  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Touch Screen unresponsive is a hardware issue. I had the same problem with my HTC U11 until it was replaced. Essential phone does not have this issue assuming screen is working properly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app
19th September 2017, 02:37 AM |#4  
Flag NKY
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Touchscreen responsiveness, having to tap more than once for the screen to register a touch and awful light bleed caused me to send it back. But it was from the first batch that were manufactured. No issues on my U11, but I bought it in early August.
19th September 2017, 04:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Confirming u installed the most recent OTA (NMI64C)? Because that fixed my touch issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to flakko86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flakko86 Ad-Free
19th September 2017, 05:16 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flakko86

Confirming u installed the most recent OTA (NMI64C)? Because that fixed my touch issues.

Yep that's what I currently have. I think the phone found that update on its own a few days ago. Touch issues seem to be hit or miss and maybe less frequent since that update. We'll see how it goes from here.
19th September 2017, 07:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
touch unresposive is due too thermal trottling or like me the launcher stock.
Solved with Evie launcher
19th September 2017, 01:58 PM |#8  
Flag NKY
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Using a different launcher and such didn't help me out, unfortunately. Besides the tap issues, scrolling through a web page in any browser or with apps was extremely slow and laggy. My PH-1 was already being returned, so I couldn't test the latest software update they pushed out. But my device also had some horrible light bleed all along the left and right edges.
19th September 2017, 10:41 PM |#9  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 66

More
No light bleed here. But d@mn, the responsiveness of this touch screen is worse than any other phone I've had. And the new software update hasn't helped at all!...
25th November 2017, 07:34 AM |#10  
Flag Westville
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Same issue!
I too am having touch screen issues. Today, I was on the phone and went to go back to the screen and the screen stays black. I tried everything including pressing the power button and I got no response from the phone whatsoever. The only thing that finally worked was to press the power button and the volume down button and hold them at the same time to shut my phone off after the call already ended. In addition to that issue , I also use Swipe to type and when I do so it often skips over letters and types words that I am not even trying to type . It should be mentioned that I'm a very experienced swipe user and I have not had this problem with my S7 Edge or my Wellington . Also, I should mention that I have the most recent OTA. Also, has anyone else noticed that the camera shutter has a serious delay in it even with the Google camera mod?
28th November 2017, 02:39 AM |#11  
Flag pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 115

More
I've noticed my touch screen freaking out sometimes. It has more to do with the screen having too many prints on it. Guess it's a bit too sensitive. I wipe the phone screen off and it's fine. Doesn't happen very often. I have one of the latest batches, pure white.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)