$250 Prime Day Deal

Search This thread

hx3

Jun 29, 2010
OnePlus 12R
Giving the PH-1 another shot, as my HTC U11 is starting to have all sorts of issues. Had the PH-1 pre-ordered and received the first batch last summer, but had issues with it. A lot of light bleed on the screen and awful touch responsivness were the main problems.

Couldn't pass up on this deal, especially the Halo Grey version with its matte backing. I know Essential has come a long way since last summer/early fall, so I'm excited about it. I came very close to buying it last week for over $500 on Amazon.

Now to do research on unlocking the bootloader and rooting it.

jawz101

I just ordered one myself. I'm on the ZTE Axon 7 and really don't need a phone until it blows up but that deal is too good to pass up. Now I'm just mentally trying to justify it vs. waiting for the next generation stuff.

I guess I get bumped up from a Snapdragon 820 to 835, bluetooth 4.2 to 5, Android P developer previews, and a bunch of other people probably bought one today as well.

jdgesmlls

May 7, 2014
Boston
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 11
T-Mobile issues

I just ordered one of these for $250, because why not at that price.

Does anyone have any links to read about the issues with T-Mobile ? I read briefly that there is some configuration fix or did this come with one of the updates?

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just ordered one as well. What is a good provider to use this on in New England? Right now I have Google Fi. I know this isn't one of the "compatible" devices, but it *should* work on some gsm bands with it until I find a better company to use.

PR0XIDIAN

Dec 20, 2011
Colorado Springs
Just ordered one as an upgrade from my T-Mo G6. The G6 is starting to have Bleed issues on the display and the 32GB is just not cutting it for me. I'm really nervous from some of the posts I've read. This phone seems to be really polarizing with some loving and some hating. Here goes nothing!

dkokkos

May 9, 2010
Riverside
www.dkokkos.com
yeap I was looking two weeks ago at swappa... and I almost but one on a good condition and change my mind.... now I wake up today booom!!! i got it on Halo Gray.... well hello everyone i will try to be a regular here :)

johninsf

Just bought this = Halo Gray.

Q1. Does the Gcmod5 camera work well on the PH-1? Actually, does any replacement camera app outperform the stock camera app?

Q2. I got the 360 camera attachment. Is it a keeper or return?

Q3. How is the mono speaker?

Q4. Will this phone get additional Android updates?

My current device is the HTC U11+. It runs well, great battery, screen, color, sound. However, this Essential deal is too good to pass up. I have missed stock Android, security updates and this PH-1 hardware is beautiful.

Andresmoraj

Jun 6, 2014
I have also ordered the PH-1, got it in Halo Grey (best color for me) , I hope it will runs like a charm.
Btw, I saw someone asking about GCam, I'm also curious if there any apk available or a mod

YankInDaSouth

Oct 30, 2010
Sharpsburg, GA
Grabbed one... Been looking for a deal on a decent compact phone and couldn't pass this up! I actually ordered a Moto X4 on Sunday and will likely be sending it back as I think the Essential Phone will trump the Moto X4

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Android updates are fats,very fast you get monthly security updates same day as Google phones,the Google cam mode works ,I was using both camera apps ,but since release the camera app from essential has been updated many times improving and adding new features
360 cam is very good and the tiny planet feature of the app means you can do some cool.stuff with it .
Honestly you won't be disappointed,it is a gorgeous phone and feels great in hand ,moon black is a bit slippy so I put a Matt black dbrand on mine

Sent from my Essential Phone using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

That is an unbelievable price ,I thought I got a good deal at Xmas paying £388 with 360 cam ,enjoy

Sent from my Essential Phone using XDA Labs

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Essential isn't even making phones anymore. Not sure why this is a good phone to buy even for $249. I guess just to have a throw away phone that you might be able to get some updates on until they decide to stop doing that, and stop providing support. The owner is worth hundreds of millions of dollars...this company is a hobby, they are moving on to new things and likely trying to sell the company because they can't figure out how to compete and make a good phone apparently...over their heads. Ask HTC about what it takes to be a player in the market.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/richar...lose-for-essential-products-inc/#3d9eb9ae5016

We really don't know what's happening with Essential, except that they're providing software/security updates faster than any other OEM besides Google. They're also going to be releasing new modules. They confirmed they're going to continue supporting this phone consistently. And maybe they had a successor in the works, but it didn't pan out just yet. There's always a possibility it could change around for the better. But to say this phone isn't worth $250 is a rather far stretch. And there isn't anything wrong with letting go of its stock in warehouses. This deal is making huge headlines and it's definitely going to bring in more customers. So before assuming and reading an opinionated Forbes article, let's see what happens.

Great specs still, amazing build quality, literally running stock Android, unlockable bootloader, custom development and a more compact size compared to all these 6+ inch phones making the waves this year. Those factors are very important to me.
    At least an hour and a half so far.

Try holding all three buttons for about ten seconds.

Weird I know, but when I first got the phone I had a weird similar issue where the phone would not turn on, I thought it was bricked. That got it running and it has not happened since.
    I can only seem to find the root version and an outdated version.
    I posted this earlier

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
    We really don't know what's happening with Essential, except that they're providing software/security updates faster than any other OEM besides Google. They're also going to be releasing new modules. They confirmed they're going to continue supporting this phone consistently. And maybe they had a successor in the works, but it didn't pan out just yet. There's always a possibility it could change around for the better. But to say this phone isn't worth $250 is a rather far stretch. And there isn't anything wrong with letting go of its stock in warehouses. This deal is making huge headlines and it's definitely going to bring in more customers. So before assuming and reading an opinionated Forbes article, let's see what happens.

Great specs still, amazing build quality, literally running stock Android, unlockable bootloader, custom development and a more compact size compared to all these 6+ inch phones making the waves this year. Those factors are very important to me.

Yep, general consensus among all the articles is that it's the best deal on a phone going at the moment. IMO, after the Pixels, this is the best pure Android phone you can get. Plus, it looks about a thousand times better than the Pixels.