This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Esssential' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Essential Phone PH-1 Only..
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.
1. Rooted Essential Phone PH-1 (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.
NOTE: This is for OLD FIRMWARES only.
For newer firmwares, try this tool by @Maxr1998: Essential-BIOS-Splash
STEPS to create splash.img:
1. Download & Extract this in computer: Essential_PH1_Splash_Maker.zip
2. Go to the folder named 'pics'.
3. Now open the splash.bmp with any image editor (like MS Paint or PhotoShop) and edit the image as you wish.
Then Save the image without changing the filename or format.
(Don't use 'Save As' option. The format of the image should be .bmp (BitMap Image) only)
3. Finally, run the 'CREATE_SPLASH.bat' to create splash.img and flashable zip file, which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.
STEPS to flash splash.img:
Optional: To backup your original splash.img:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
Choose any one easy method:
a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.
b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
su dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
fastboot flash splash splash.img
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.
1. @bmg1001 who provided the stock splash.img of Essential Phone PH-1..
2. @GokulNC (myself ) who wrote this script
Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you
You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..