Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Google Camera Port

2,533 posts
Thanks Meter: 174

By km8j, Senior Member on 30th August 2017, 06:25 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...er-lag-xiaomi/

Lets use this thread to discuss using the camera port or any other camera apps to improve the camera experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to km8j For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift km8j Ad-Free

30th August 2017, 07:55 PM |#2  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 283

Donate to Me
More
Ya once we get them in our hands... Not till next week for me looks like

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
31st August 2017, 06:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Looking forward to this. Interesting results when testing on G6, hopeful for similar results on PH-1

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
31st August 2017, 02:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikewithmike

Looking forward to this. Interesting results when testing on G6, hopeful for similar results on PH-1

A review yesterday posted that they used the Google camera and results were much better. Question is if both cameras are being used
31st August 2017, 08:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Here is a link To the one from the XDA Article just to make things easier.

And This is the latest version on the Russian thread that I saw.
The Following User Says Thank You to IM0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IM0001 Ad-Free
31st August 2017, 10:20 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001

Here is a link To the one from the XDA Article just to make things easier.

And This is the latest version on the Russian thread that I saw.

Thanks. Another thread pointed to a v2.2 at this link . Not sure what changes there. Will continue to play with this.
31st August 2017, 10:52 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
What is the difference in the versions? Will things like auto HDR work?
31st August 2017, 11:52 PM |#8  

More
I don't know the change, you'd have to reference the Russian forum and even with Google translate I haven't quite tracked the dialog. aHDR is working fine, based off another XDA thread the slow-motion camera isn't working.
1st September 2017, 07:46 PM |#9  
Hey guys, sorry to give you a screenshot of the picture comparison but I'm a bit lazy today and forgot to turn off the geo-location tags. Hopefully i get some more shots in later this weekend and post back later.

I'm using the v1.4 the original GCAM app from the XDA article. I can't say that I trust the v2.2 from the Russian site at the moment so sorry again. If it gets updated and the XDA article says it was updated I'll be more willing to try the v2.2 app.

What you see is the Essential app on the left versus the GCAM app on the right. I prefer what I've seen from the Essential app but in actual usage the GCAM works much faster and believe it or not feels more stable. As you can see there is definitely a difference in picture quality especially around the glass and text. Mind you I'm coming from a Pixel XL so that is my frame of reference as far as what I should be expecting from both apps. From looking at the picture versus what my eye is seeing the GCAM is more true to my eye, however I find the light/dark balance more pleasing on the Essential app. Personally I really hope Essential gets it together because from what I've read the GCAM software doesn't make use of the monochromatic lens and I think that if someone can combine the best function of both apps we as the users would be the real winners.

If I can get more shots without the metadata in it I'll be sure to post them up. Otherwise I'm subscribed to this thread so I can keep up with the latest updates for the GCAM app.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Essential phone capture comparison.JPG
Views:	3740
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	4259571  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ghost_1 Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 12:22 AM |#10  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 216

More
I cannot get this to install for some reason. The when screen is unresponsive when I try tapping the install button.

Edit: toggling unknown sources again seemed to do the trick
2nd September 2017, 03:31 AM |#11  
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Just messing around with my Essential camera between GCam 1.4 (aHDR first) and EP (HDR second)... You can clearly see the difference in low light...
Neither are great but GCam turned out better.

The next 2 are from my OnePlus 5...GCam 1.4 (aHDR third) and then OPO (aHDR last)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170901_202222.jpg
Views:	4692
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	4259927   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170901_202214.jpg
Views:	4670
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	4259928   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170901_203350.jpg
Views:	4612
Size:	224.4 KB
ID:	4259934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170901_203336.jpg
Views:	4506
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	4259935  
The Following User Says Thank You to MrEous For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrEous Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)