FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Magisk Based GCAM Port, AR Sticker Support, Portrait Mode, HEVC Enabled

1,569 posts
Thanks Meter: 743

By aer0zer0, Senior Member on 5th January 2018, 11:26 PM
View First Unread Post Reply Email Thread
I have created a Magisk based GCAM port for our PH-1 Phones, based off of Arnova GCAM 1.4B2. It has AR Sticker support, portrait mode front and rear, HDR front & rear, HEVC, doesnt break Essential Stock Camera, and most importantly, no audio crashing, making it DD for Camera replacement.

Prerequisites:
Oreo Beta 2, LOS 15.1 (Not bothering with Nougat)
Magisk 15.0 or newer (Uses 1500 template)
No Other GCAM installed (remove any prior to flashing magisk module)

What it does:

It replaces media_profiles_V1_0.xml in vendor/etc : this allows for hevc, slo-mo
It replaces media_profiles_V1_0.dtd in system/etc : this allows for hevc to be enabled
It adds calibration_cad in system/etc : (AR Related)
It adds device_profile.proto in system/etc: (AR Related)
It adds GCAM MI5S 2B, ARcore, and ARStickers in system/priv-app: Obvious
It sets postfsdata magisk policy (gives camera_config permissions, no need to disable SELinux)
It sets postfsdat resetprop ro.config.calibration_cad "/system/etc/device_profile.proto": (AR Related)
It sets ro.config.calibration_cad=/system/etc/calibration_cad.xml, mm.enable.qcom_parser=3183219,
persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1, in build.prop, persist.camera.eis.enable=1 : (AR stuff)

This is a free-for-all zip, meaning i dont care if you modify it, pass it off to other groups, help anybody else, etc.
I am not responsible if you get your phone messed up, it works for me, and for others. I will help as much as i can. Its a work in process, hopefully, it will make life easier for everybody.

Also, this is a Essential PH-1 thread, and while i dont mind helping people (I want everybody to have a working GCAM) this magisk module, especially the media_profiles_V1.0.xml is very very very PH-1 specific. You can however, do the legwork, use this zip as a template, and make one for your threads/personal use as well. And i dont mind. Just dont come in here without a logcat with some phone that's not a PH-1 and say its broke. I will at least look at a logcat and help if its not a PH-1, but my demands have been expressed.

Also: I dont know much about exotic configurations with GCAM.... I have posted mine in 3rd post.

I am interested in others "working" settings, post them if you feel like it.

@Arnova8G2 - for being kind enough to port GCAM to better our lives
@invisiblek and the rest of the hood at discord - everything gets done there
@S4turno - hosting and being a good sport
@emowing - selinux fixes in magisk
@xterminater07 - sending logs, and doing some testing

plenty of others

Link v3

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620776376

Link v4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962157660013069877

Link v5

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620777357 See 2nd for changelog and special notes

Link v6

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617957769 See 2nd for changelog and special notes

Link v7

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291700334 See 2nd for changelog and special notes

Link v8 (Latest)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617958497 See 2nd for changelog and special notes

Enjoy Folks
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free

5th January 2018, 11:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cortland NY

More
Changelog:

V8: Uses MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2e by BSG as the camera

Adds toggle to BSG settings for minimal HDR+ smoothing

Notes for this build: In settings/bsg mods/ manual fixed black offset: set the value to 64 (need to scroll down).

Notes for this build: Turn off video stabilization to get rid of excessive zoom in 1080 video 30/60 (video stabilization isnt working anyways)

V7: Uses MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d by BSG as the camera

Updated media_profiles_v1.0.xml to make audio recording louder, thanks to @emowing
added com.google.android.GoogleCamera to build prop to allow it to see the b/w sensor, no luck, but i left it there.

Notes for this build: In settings/bsg mods/ manual fixed black offset: set the value to 64 (need to scroll down).

Notes for this build: Turn off video stabilization to get rid of excessive zoom in 1080 video 30/60 (video stabilization isnt working anyways)

V6: Uses MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2c by BSG as the camera

V5: Uses MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2b by BSG as the camera

Removed persist.camera.eis.enable=1
persist.camera.is_type=4
from system.prop

Added extra permission to post-fs-data.sh for proc

The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
5th January 2018, 11:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cortland NY

More
Settings for v6/v7/v8: These are what im using (with no science why) use this template if you want to post settings, makes it easy.

v8 has Minimal hdr+ smoothing: No idea what it does, toggle away

v7 has analog gain adjustment, haven't played with it.

Model: Taimen
Config HDR: Pixel 2017 zsl HDR+
HDR+: Super High
Manual Black Level: 64
Lens Blur: 8mp (matter of taste)
Final Quality Jpeg: 100%
Portrait mode: ON for all models
Increase HDR+ Detail for front: On
Smartburst: On
Max. Sensitivity analog gain: Auto (No idea if it works, so whatever)
Minimal HDR+ Smoothing: On (No idea if it works, so whatever)

Advanced/HDR Control: On
Video Stabilization: Off

Dev setting: stock
The Following User Says Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
5th January 2018, 11:32 PM |#4  
Flag FRANKFORT
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
Congrats @aer0zer0, for this work. I know u will pull it off. By teh way gr8 work.
The Following User Says Thank You to deepu458 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deepu458 Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 12:36 AM |#5  
Flag Boston Mass
Thanks Meter: 394

More
are the download links working for anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wickidmasshole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wickidmasshole Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 12:54 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cortland NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickidmasshole

are the download links working for anyone?

Try without chrome, I name things bad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aer0zer0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aer0zer0 Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 01:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

Try without chrome, I name things bad

Not working for me either. Tried on chrome and edge
6th January 2018, 01:08 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cortland NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdicholas

Not working for me either. Tried on chrome and edge

Try without chrome
6th January 2018, 01:10 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer0zer0

Try without chrome

I did try on edge browser. What browser should I use then?

Edit: also tried with dolphin browser. I can select a mirror, after that it says page not found.
6th January 2018, 01:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Here is the selinux fix for you. GCam must be installed in /system/priv-app/

in post-fs-data... replace your setenforce 0 with.. I gave it all permissions but you can trim these down to only the necessary one if you want to test every single permission.

magiskpolicy --live "allow priv_app { camera_prop unlabeled } file { append create write relabelfrom link unlink ioctl getattr setattr read rename lock mounton quotaon audit_access open }"
magiskpolicy --live "allow priv_app { unlabeled qti_debugfs } dir { append create execute write relabelfrom link unlink ioctl getattr setattr read rename lock mounton quotaon rmdir audit_access remove_name add_name reparent execmod search open }"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emowing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emowing Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 01:13 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cortland NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdicholas

I did try on edge browser. What browser should I use then?

I use firefox
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gcam, magisk, ph-1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)