1,258 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,530

By fizbanrapper, Senior Member on 2nd December 2014, 02:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd December 2014, 09:15 AM |#11  
Montclair
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Admittedly silly questions first, before the more advanced folks pop up. Are you flashing LP gapps? Have you tried flashing them again after booting into the rom?

I've had this happen to me before. I simply reflashed gapps after I booted into the rom and everything was cool from there.

I don't know if it will make a difference, but you can flash the latest twrp and see if that changes anything.

3rd December 2014, 01:57 PM |#12  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I just installed it last night and it seems to be running pretty smooth. Only problem is I seem to not have any network data. Recently they stopped allowing us to tap into the WiFi at work, so I kinda need that... I'm on Ting, and I have a couple notes on how to get that working. I don't even need LTE, just 3G would be fine. I'll see if I can get that working, with some of the tricks I've seen posted.

I just need to see if I can remember where to find the db files to manipulate those. When I go to the APN settings screen, it shows up as blank, with absolutely no results, so I'm not sure what happened, but that doesn't seem right...
3rd December 2014, 03:15 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Installation Error
Thanks to the devs for this ROM. I am not able to install it. First of all, I was getting 'failed' message. After retrying a couple of times after doing factory reset and advanced wipe I did not get the failed message. When I install it with GAPPS (install ROM then install GAPPS then reboot) I get stuck in the HTC boot window. If I install only the ROM and try to reboot it says something like 'No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?' And if I try to reboot it gets stuck on the HTC boot screen again.

I also noticed this on the activity screen while installation was going on:
"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc. 1/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directory
unmount of /system failed: no such volume"

I am using TWRP 2.8.1.0 with Hboot 2.10 on EVO4gLTE running Beanstalk 4.4+ and I am having same issue when I try to install CM12 and BlissStalk ROMs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
3rd December 2014, 04:16 PM |#14  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo3dUser

Thanks to the devs for this ROM. I am not able to install it. First of all, I was getting 'failed' message. After retrying a couple of times after doing factory reset and advanced wipe I did not get the failed message. When I install it with GAPPS (install ROM then install GAPPS then reboot) I get stuck in the HTC boot window. If I install only the ROM and try to reboot it says something like 'No OS installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?' And if I try to reboot it gets stuck on the HTC boot screen again.

"mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc. 1/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directory

I am using TWRP 2.8.1.0 with Hboot 2.10 on EVO4gLTE running Beanstalk 4.4+ and I am having same issue when I try to install CM12 and BlissStalk ROMs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am specifically using Clockworkmod Recovery because of this issue. I have found that I am more likely to have a ROM not install properly on the Evo on twrp, even the latest version.
3rd December 2014, 05:26 PM |#15  
Flag Lynnwood
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo3dUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadehawke

I am specifically using Clockworkmod Recovery because of this issue. I have found that I am more likely to have a ROM not install properly on the Evo on twrp, even the latest version.

You both should be using the latest TWRP recovery put out by @Captain_Throwback, not the official one. Check his signature and threads and you will find the right recovery. Also, I'm assuming you've updated to the newest FW and HBOOT 2.10? If not, you'll need to do that as well, and you can also find the instructions in Captain's threads.
3rd December 2014, 05:42 PM |#16  
Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

I just installed it last night and it seems to be running pretty smooth. Only problem is I seem to not have any network data. Recently they stopped allowing us to tap into the WiFi at work, so I kinda need that... I'm on Ting, and I have a couple notes on how to get that working. I don't even need LTE, just 3G would be fine. I'll see if I can get that working, with some of the tricks I've seen posted.

I just need to see if I can remember where to find the db files to manipulate those. When I go to the APN settings screen, it shows up as blank, with absolutely no results, so I'm not sure what happened, but that doesn't seem right...

Well, after playing around a bit with the databases (and a reboot) I have 3g access to the network data. That's good enough for me. It still shows a blank screen when I go to the APN settings screen, but I guess that doesn't matter as long as I am getting data.

The ROM seems pretty solid so far. Looking forward to seeing a few more features added, but I'm going to stick with it for now.
3rd December 2014, 06:23 PM |#17  
Flag The Nothing
Thanks Meter: 22,611

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath714

You both should be using the latest TWRP recovery put out by @Captain_Throwback, not the official one. Check his signature and threads and you will find the right recovery. Also, I'm assuming you've updated to the newest FW and HBOOT 2.10? If not, you'll need to do that as well, and you can also find the instructions in Captain's threads.

This is the one people should be using: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56530311
4th December 2014, 02:40 AM |#18  
Flag Murfreesboro
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yep, flashing TWRP 2.8.0.3 fixed the issue for me. Installed the ROM and the lp Gapps smoothly and everything works great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadehawke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shadehawke Ad-Free
4th December 2014, 02:52 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Just posted a new build. There were some tweaks in the appearance of the UI from the last build. Bluetooth speakers are playing normally in the updated version. I hadn't tried it in the last build, but someone commented about it earlier, so I thought I'd address it here. I'm sure there are other changes under the hood too. Too many commits to parse & decipher for me.

Once you flash gapps, google play services is even more critical than it was in kitkat roms. If it is missing or doesn't work in 5.0, google play store won't work either (or at least it hasn't for me).

I'm not sure exactly why, but play services has broken every time I've dirty flashed a 5.0 ROM. The solution is to flash gapps after every dirty flash. I'm sure there will be a better way soon, but that's what I got for now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fizbanrapper Ad-Free
4th December 2014, 02:52 AM |#20  
Columbus

More
Is there a way to turn off network data while you're on a WIFI network? Sometimes I see that little 3G icon pop up while I'm on wifi and it's quite annoying. But every time I hit the network button, it doesn't toggle on and off, it just takes me to the data usage page.
4th December 2014, 02:58 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

Is there a way to turn off network data while you're on a WIFI network? Sometimes I see that little 3G icon pop up while I'm on wifi and it's quite annoying. But every time I hit the network button, it doesn't toggle on and off, it just takes me to the data usage page.

Yeah I hate that too and it did it in the CM builds as well.

For what it's worth, I don't think mobile data is actually being transmitted and received when you're connected to wifi. I think the icon is just indicated that it's connected to mobile data.

There's no way this doesn't get fixed by CM though. It's just a matter of time.
The Following User Says Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fizbanrapper Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)