[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1] BlissPop 3.4 by Team Bliss [Jewel]-6/10

Search This thread

jcruz942

Aug 18, 2014
Is the camera working for anybody else on this rom. Everytime I try to use opencamera it tell's there was an error getting the preview.

Mr.BungIe

Apr 5, 2012
Montclair
The camera works before the first reboot, and if you are lucky, randomly after that. It's a known issue that's being worked on. The OP has an idea what the issue is, and will hopefully have a fix, eventually.

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
I'm uploading a 3/3 build right now. Camera still jacked up. :(

PLEASE note that you must flash the kernel after the ROM or you WILL get a bootloop. Bliss made some "enhancements" and will no longer complete a proper build of the CM kernel as an integrated part of the ROM zip file.

You can extract the boot.img from any other LP ROM for jewel and flash it via fastboot, or take advantage of one of the three options below.
Kernel Time (stock CM kernel built with Linaro and using LZ4 compression/decompression)
Half-Popped
Half-Popped SELinux PERMISSIVE

Reactions: JohnCorleone

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
APN Issues?

If you're having issues connecting to mobile data or sending MMS messages, there's a good chance its an APN issue. If your issue is sending MMS, you need to change the MMSC. If your issue is mobile data, you're going to need to change the APN. Both of these are accessed the same way.

Unfortunately fixing this issue is a moving target. It had gotten pretty easy by the end of kitkat's development, but this is one of the few areas where LP has taken a step back.

I'll try to update this as AOSP & CM make changes to the source code, so the most recent (and easiest) fix is documented here.

Warning:
As the fix is a moving target, what worked yesterday, could break data or brick your phone tomorrow, so proceed at your own risk. Make a nandroid!

Click the button below to see old fixes. I'm keeping this here for reference in the event that tonight's commits break today's convenient fix.

You used to be able to delete the wrong APNs and just leave the good ones. That doesn't work anymore. UPDATE 12/29/14 - I'm not sure about this method with the latest build. This might work now.

You used to be able to get to the APNs menu and add the correct APNs manually. Same thing here!
UPDATE 12/29/14 - I'm not sure about this method with the latest build. This likely works now.

I fully expect that in a few weeks, one or all of these easier methods will work.
UPDATE 12/29/14 - I was right! :)

THE FOLLOWING IS A PAIN. ONLY USE IT IF ALL ELSE FAILS.
Required:
1. Root
2. SQL Editor Lite (or similar app)

Procedures
1. navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and using SQL Editor, open the file telephony.db (MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THIS FILE FIRST!)
2. Select 'carriers'
3. Select the magnifying glass to perform a search.
4. Enter '310120' in the filter value field and select 'OK'.
5. You're now looking at all of the APNs that your phone cycles through as it tries to connect to EV-DO, eHRPD & LTE. You need to look at this list of names, then determine which carrier you're on (for most of you, this will be Sprint, though myself and many others are on Ting.)
6. You're going to have to edit the following fields in the wrong APNs so that they match your carrier's APN settings:
apn
mmsproxy
mmsc
type
7. Save and exit.
8. It might work fine right away, but you may have to toggle airplane mode or reboot in order to get this to work.

Overwrite apn-conf.xml in the system/etc folder with the desired apns. Then use the APNs menu to pull across the correct APNs by selecting 'restore default'.

Making the file...
You can start by making a copy of the apn-conf.xml file. Delete everything except for test APNs and 310120 APNs (these are the APNs for Sprint and mvno carriers).

You want to have at least 3 APNs. They should all be the same, except for the bearer. You want one with '13' as the bearer, one with '14' as the bearer, and one without a specified bearer (almost positive this is indicated by using '0' in the bearer field.

Delete the apns that do not correspond to your carrier. If you're using Sprint, you really don't want your phone trying to connect with Ting or Virgin's apns.

Sprint's apn is n.ispsn with an mmsc of http://mms.sprintpcs.com. Ting is n.t8.ispsn with an mmsc of http://mms.plspictures.com. You'll find the others already in the canned apn file.

One more thing to add about Ting... I have noticed that on my ROMs recently if you go into APN settings, it says that you can't edit those settings. However, if you go back out and change your "Preferred Network Type", it will let you back in and you can edit what you want. This may not work on the first try for you. Once it let me edit, I first deleted every APN that didn't say "Sprint" or "Ting", then I replaced anything that said "n.ispsn" with "n.t8.ispsn", and then replaced everything that said "http://mms.sprintpcs.com" with "http://mms.plspictures.com" and it worked.

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Would you check to see if Ting APNs are in there properly by default? Some of my ROMs now have an update that makes it just work the way it should.

I can check later, but I do know that those APN updates come right from cm, so all cm based ROMs should have them from now on.

Not sure if slim will though. Someone may need to push it through gerritt. Vendor repo, of course.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
That's really a heavily opinionated question. A better question would be: What features does this ROM have, and what isn't working properly? The answers to both should be found in the OP.

Yeah, I know that was a loaded question but I figured that I would ask as several of the threads are yours and this thread was the most active. Also, when I went to the OP from my laptop, the features section was under construction.

I will just have to download it and try it. I do appreciate your keeping the Banks Gapps link up to date. I have been using his Gapps for ages now

ocarinaz64

Jul 1, 2013
Crete, IL
From @fizbanrapper
-Make sure you have CAPTAIN THROWBACK's latest TWRP recovery

This really isn't true anymore. The latest TWRP incorporates Captain Throwback's genius into their newest releases, so you can just get it from their website directly. Version 2.8.7.0 is the newest one as I write this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][5.1.1] BlissPop 3.4 by Team Bliss [Jewel]-6/10

Heading_Blue_BlissPop.png

Team Bliss Website

Team Bliss is pleased to present to you BlissPop Rom - (BOSP)
    BlissPop is one of the most highly customizable roms that you can install on your mobile device, and you will have a truly blissful experience.
    BlissPop is CM12 based, with some features added in, and we will continue to update features as they become available.
    A huge thanks to CyanogenMod for the source, and all the work and dedication their team puts in to keep us updated.
    We will keep up to date with the latest CM code, and updates will be posted on a regular basis.
    However, please do not ask for ETA's. We will update the links as soon as they become available.

We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
    We will do our best to answer your questions or concerns as soon as possible.
    Heading_Blue_Features.png

--Will be updated soon

Heading_Blue_Source.png

BlissPop Source
    https://github.com/TeamBliss-LP
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960
    Heading_Blue_Gapps.png

We recommend using Banks GApps. The latest are available Here

Another great set of GApps is PA GApps available here:
    PA GApps
    Thanks to @TKruzze for maintaining PA GApps.

If you prefer another set of GApps, just make sure you use 5.0.

Heading_Blue_Downloads.png

See second post for link to ROM builds
    Heading_Blue_Installation.png

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.
    Please make sure you download the correct version of BlissPop for your specific device. The links are labeled clearly.

-If you are S-ON, get S-OFF first, or you'll have to flash the kernel separately (Instructions for both of these things can be found elsewhere. I'm assuming you're already S-OFF as you're reading this.
    -New partition layout (HBoot 2.10+)
    -Make sure you have CAPTAIN THROWBACK's latest TWRP recovery
    -Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package.
    -Boot into recovery.
    -Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution (I generally dirty flash, but do so at your own risk!)
    -Flash Bliss Rom without flashing GApps.
    -Boot into ROM. Once it appears to have fully loaded, don't reboot immediately. Leave the phone on for approximately 3 minutes to let it finish its backgound processes.
    -Reboot into recovery.
    -Flash GAPPs package.
    -Reboot

Heading_Blue_Bugs.png

As you all know, Lollipop is new and there are going to be bugs.
    Please bear with us while we work on getting things updated, and all errors fixed.
    If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
    please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

-Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    -After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    -Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    -As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    -Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    -Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    -You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

Heading_Blue_Screenshots.png
    index.php

QlM6JC2.png
    IoY8D8F.png

mTjNJC1.png
    SzYh7Yg.png

xEKFaQS.png
    vtLhNAA.png

gdLkb5m.png

Heading_Blue_Donate.png

If you would like to donate for further development of Bliss Roms,
    (or to buy us a beer every now & again), visit this link:
    PayPal Donate Link
    Any & all donations are greatly appreciated.

Heading_Blue_Credits.png

The Bliss Team:
    Thanks to @[COLOR="Cyan"]skyliner33v[/COLOR] for the wallpapers & boot animations.
    @[COLOR="Cyan"]pimpmaneaton[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]jackeagle[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]nprev420[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]remicks[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]Deliberate[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]xboxfanj[/COLOR]
    @[COLOR="Magenta"]nerdyblonde[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]Vortex1969[/COLOR],@[COLOR="Cyan"]pjgraber03[/COLOR], @[COLOR="Cyan"]bracketslash[/COLOR],@[COLOR="Cyan"]death2all110[/COLOR]

&& Thanks to a ton of other people who have contributed to the source that we used to build the rom!

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissPop, ROM for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 5.0.X Build

XDA:DevDB Information
    BlissPop, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
    fizbanrapper, skyliner33v, pimpmaneaton
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.10+ HBOOT
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-01

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-06-10
    Boot ROM by itself first, then flash gapps after rebooting.

FYI, if you dirty-flash, you're probably going to have to flash gapps again to get google play services back.

Links won't change any more. I'll update the thread title to reflect the newest build's date. I'm just throwing all of the BlissPop jewel builds into their own folder, so just look at the dates, download & enjoy!

>>>Newest builds here<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    ^^^UP THERE!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Older builds
    12/4 build should fix fc dialer issue
    12/03 build
    First build - 12/01
    APN Issues?

If you're having issues connecting to mobile data or sending MMS messages, there's a good chance its an APN issue. If your issue is sending MMS, you need to change the MMSC. If your issue is mobile data, you're going to need to change the APN. Both of these are accessed the same way.

Unfortunately fixing this issue is a moving target. It had gotten pretty easy by the end of kitkat's development, but this is one of the few areas where LP has taken a step back.

I'll try to update this as AOSP & CM make changes to the source code, so the most recent (and easiest) fix is documented here.

Warning:
    As the fix is a moving target, what worked yesterday, could break data or brick your phone tomorrow, so proceed at your own risk. Make a nandroid!

Click the button below to see old fixes. I'm keeping this here for reference in the event that tonight's commits break today's convenient fix.

You used to be able to delete the wrong APNs and just leave the good ones. That doesn't work anymore. UPDATE 12/29/14 - I'm not sure about this method with the latest build. This might work now.

You used to be able to get to the APNs menu and add the correct APNs manually. Same thing here!
    UPDATE 12/29/14 - I'm not sure about this method with the latest build. This likely works now.

I fully expect that in a few weeks, one or all of these easier methods will work.
    UPDATE 12/29/14 - I was right! :)

THE FOLLOWING IS A PAIN. ONLY USE IT IF ALL ELSE FAILS.
    Required:
    1. Root
    2. SQL Editor Lite (or similar app)

Procedures
    1. navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and using SQL Editor, open the file telephony.db (MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF THIS FILE FIRST!)
    2. Select 'carriers'
    3. Select the magnifying glass to perform a search.
    4. Enter '310120' in the filter value field and select 'OK'.
    5. You're now looking at all of the APNs that your phone cycles through as it tries to connect to EV-DO, eHRPD & LTE. You need to look at this list of names, then determine which carrier you're on (for most of you, this will be Sprint, though myself and many others are on Ting.)
    6. You're going to have to edit the following fields in the wrong APNs so that they match your carrier's APN settings:
    apn
    mmsproxy
    mmsc
    type
    7. Save and exit.
    8. It might work fine right away, but you may have to toggle airplane mode or reboot in order to get this to work.

Overwrite apn-conf.xml in the system/etc folder with the desired apns. Then use the APNs menu to pull across the correct APNs by selecting 'restore default'.

Making the file...
    You can start by making a copy of the apn-conf.xml file. Delete everything except for test APNs and 310120 APNs (these are the APNs for Sprint and mvno carriers).

You want to have at least 3 APNs. They should all be the same, except for the bearer. You want one with '13' as the bearer, one with '14' as the bearer, and one without a specified bearer (almost positive this is indicated by using '0' in the bearer field.

Delete the apns that do not correspond to your carrier. If you're using Sprint, you really don't want your phone trying to connect with Ting or Virgin's apns.

Sprint's apn is n.ispsn with an mmsc of http://mms.sprintpcs.com. Ting is n.t8.ispsn with an mmsc of http://mms.plspictures.com. You'll find the others already in the canned apn file.
    Huge step forward on APNs. The menu seems to be fully functional. The ideal solution of overwriting apns-conf.xml, then pulling them across via apn menu reset is working normally. I've updated the APNs fix post (post #3 in this thread) and will expand those revised instructions as soon as I get a chance.
    It's Kernel Time!
    Kernel source is same as in OP.

This is just the standard CM kernel for now. No added features and no build flags or optimizations (yet). The only thing that's special about it (so far) is that it has been compiled with Linaro Toolchain GCC version 4.9.3 optimized for ARM Cortex A15. Toolchain build 2014.12. I was surprised myself, at the difference it has made.
    Toolchain Source

I will be adding kernel features and optimizations, but I have no interest in sacrificing ROM stability just to add another item on the list of optimizations.

This kernel should work with all CM based AOSP L.P. ROMs (All current L.P. ROMs for the Jewel fit that description).

Enjoy!