FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unofficial SlimLP 5.1.1 for Jewel - 6/7 Build

387 posts
Thanks Meter: 231

By ocarinaz64, Senior Member on 16th December 2014, 01:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to SlimLP for the Jewel!

NOTE: This ROM requires the new HBOOT 2.10+ partition table. I may provide links later on how to get that if you aren't up to speed yet. You will also want to use the newest recovery from Captain_Throwback.

Downloads:
Slim-Jewel-LP-5.1.1
Slim Gapps

My older Slim Builds are still available.

Install Process:
Flash the .zip, Gapps, & SuperSU, then reboot. It will dirty flash fine for future 5.1 builds. Make sure you do a clean wipe from other ROMs, or from 5.0 builds.

Word of warning - Let it take some time on the first boot. As much as 4+ minutes, but it's good after that.
Not working - Nothing that I know of yet...

Special thanks to Slim team for all your work, and for guiding me through the new build process.
Also thanks to Captain_Throwback, Fizbanrapper, Tolipohs and ZX64 for your personal help to me along the way.

Sources:

ROM:
https://github.com/SlimRoms (lp5.1)

Kernel:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...l/tree/cm-12.1

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimLP 5.1.1 for Jewel, ROM for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
ocarinaz64
Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 2.10+ Firmware
Based On: SlimLP

Version Information

Created 2014-12-16
Last Updated 2015-06-07
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ocarinaz64 Ad-Free

16th December 2014, 01:42 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Saint Paul Park, MN

More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ocarinaz64 Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 02:50 AM |#3  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I'll take a look when I get the time. Glad you got it working. I'm happy to see some lollipop ROMs popping up.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
16th December 2014, 04:40 AM |#4  
Montclair
Thanks Meter: 40

More
One of my favorites. Thanks for bringing it forward. I'll try and install tonight when I'm bored at work.
17th December 2014, 03:26 AM |#5  
Columbus

More
I installed it tonight. It behaved oddly. I first flashed the ROM and booted it up without gapps as is my habit. I tried to set up wifi and it gave me "authentication error" and never connected (to either of the 2 hot spots I have access to) I also didn't have any network access but didn't worry about it to much yet

I booted back into recovery and flashed gapps as well as a file of commonly used apps I keep so I don't have to download them every time. Anyway once I booted back I still couldn't get WiFi working, and the crazy thing was that it would not even give me a home page, like there wasn't even a launcher installed. So I could get nowhere except for the settings. I decided to restore a nandroid I had, and will give this a try again later with a different build.

17th December 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
Montclair
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Similar experience to mine. I was having trouble with WiFi turning on. It never did fully. It just said "scanning."
17th December 2014, 01:54 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Saint Paul Park, MN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

I installed it tonight. It behaved oddly. I first flashed the ROM and booted it up without gapps as is my habit. I tried to set up wifi and it gave me "authentication error" and never connected (to either of the 2 hot spots I have access to) I also didn't have any network access but didn't worry about it to much yet

I booted back into recovery and flashed gapps as well as a file of commonly used apps I keep so I don't have to download them every time. Anyway once I booted back I still couldn't get WiFi working, and the crazy thing was that it would not even give me a home page, like there wasn't even a launcher installed. So I could get nowhere except for the settings. I decided to restore a nandroid I had, and will give this a try again later with a different build.

Boy, that's confusing. Mine worked great. I installed the same way that you did. Well, the only thing I can think of is that, since I'm not S-OFF, I first flash the .zip, and then I go into the bootloader and flash the kernel. Then, after I booted up, I went back to the recovery and flashed Slim Gapps and SU. That shouldn't have any difference in the end result though. Then again, it shouldn't be working for me and giving you problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ocarinaz64 Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 02:10 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I will say this the only lollipop rom which i have been able to send and recieve mms with no issues. Im s-off and i have zero issues right now. wifi works perfect i can even change apns from the celluar network settings. Great work on this one, i do have a request though, could you incorporate the butttons menu to change double tap and long press actions aswell as the long press back to kill current app?
The Following User Says Thank You to rontonomo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rontonomo Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 02:55 PM |#9  
Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarinaz64

Boy, that's confusing. Mine worked great. I installed the same way that you did. Well, the only thing I can think of is that, since I'm not S-OFF, I first flash the .zip, and then I go into the bootloader and flash the kernel. Then, after I booted up, I went back to the recovery and flashed Slim Gapps and SU. That shouldn't have any difference in the end result though. Then again, it shouldn't be working for me and giving you problems.

Strange. Well, I may give it another try. I just realized, I didn't clear cache/dalvik after I flashed the zip of apps I installed... I wonder if that's what gave me issues?
17th December 2014, 11:04 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

I had the same issue with the launcher not working. Took me a while, but figured out you have to pick a launcher in the HOME settings.

Other than that, this rom hasn't given me any issues. So far everything I've tried works good.

I do agree with rontonomo though. A button menu would be nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to gsrFrank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gsrFrank Ad-Free
18th December 2014, 11:19 PM |#11  
Columbus

More
Well, I have it another try last night. I didn't have the issue with the launcher this time. But I still can't use Swiftkey. Every time I try to change the keyboard it just shows a grey block where the keyboard should be.

I read in another thread that some visibility issues could be solved by setting the GPU rendering option in developer options. But that didn't seem to help with the keyboard issue. Unless I did it wrong.

Anyway, seems pretty stable to me so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to bpaulien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpaulien Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)