FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Trying to unlock the bootloader, please help ??

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By vtsnaab, Member on 4th June 2016, 05:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Folks.
Just picked up a very nice old EVO Shift and would like to root it.

Certain problems have arisen immediately and I hope someone can direct me in how to solve them, please.

To start with - right this minute all I have is an old XP PC, so the tools for newer OSes will not work for me right now.

I have searched here and in general extensively and found many possible answers - but cannot get anything to succeed yet.

The HTC Dev site allowed me to join, but instead of getting to the bootloader unlocking area it just demands that I log in over and over - so I cannot do it that way.
(I tried maybe 5 different browsers, clearing cookies, cache & all that - same results.)

Kingo has a specific tool for this - but apparently it just uses the HTC Dev site in the background and it fails as well.

The htcsupertoolv3 opens - but it also depends upon that site and also fails.

Many sites recommend downgrading the phone from 2.3.4 to 2.2 - but their files were uploaded aeons ago and I have not been able to find a complete solution anyplace.

The phone connects fine to my PC, I have the drivers & ADB & I've been working at this most of the day today without success.

Right now seems like a good time to give myself and the phone a rest and to resume tomorrow when I get some time...
Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

6th June 2016, 07:43 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtsnaab

Hi Folks.
Just picked up a very nice old EVO Shift and would like to root it.

Certain problems have arisen immediately and I hope someone can direct me in how to solve them, please.

To start with - right this minute all I have is an old XP PC, so the tools for newer OSes will not work for me right now.

I have searched here and in general extensively and found many possible answers - but cannot get anything to succeed yet.

The HTC Dev site allowed me to join, but instead of getting to the bootloader unlocking area it just demands that I log in over and over - so I cannot do it that way.
(I tried maybe 5 different browsers, clearing cookies, cache & all that - same results.)

Kingo has a specific tool for this - but apparently it just uses the HTC Dev site in the background and it fails as well.

The htcsupertoolv3 opens - but it also depends upon that site and also fails.

Many sites recommend downgrading the phone from 2.3.4 to 2.2 - but their files were uploaded aeons ago and I have not been able to find a complete solution anyplace.

The phone connects fine to my PC, I have the drivers & ADB & I've been working at this most of the day today without success.

Right now seems like a good time to give myself and the phone a rest and to resume tomorrow when I get some time...
Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Wow.
Is there no hope for this very nice older phone ??
As of now I have managed to find all but the ShiftRR tool and hope someone here still has that & will help me.
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader unlock, htc evo shift, rooting

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)