FORUMS

Custom build for Samsung SM-S767VL

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By DaidR41044, Junior Member on 15th February 2019, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am attempting to build a custom ROM on top of the Factory Binary from scratch... This is my first attempt at this and I do not know anything about provisioning it..
If someone has a link that will take me someplace that will walk me through the provisioning process it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
22nd June 2019, 02:45 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaidR41044

I am attempting to build a custom ROM on top of the Factory Binary from scratch... This is my first attempt at this and I do not know anything about provisioning it..
If someone has a link that will take me someplace that will walk me through the provisioning process it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Were you able to unlock bootloader or root it or anything?
20th October 2019, 03:54 AM |#3  
Flag Dallas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaidR41044

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How's I going on the build? Any progress? Id like to know how far you've gotton maybe I can help
26th October 2019, 04:09 AM |#4  

More
I recieved an s767vl from a friend who said I can have it but FRP has the device duct taped to the super glued shut system door.
I dropped my Moto e5 down the stairs, no good glass on that device...lmao.
I have tried the sim pin method, the long press on random entry on verification to try and bring up assist, no go. I have tried otg drive but no drop down for file manager, I have tried Odin with firmware replacement, no luck (I dont even know that USB debug or oem unlock are even enabled , cant find out) I am at the point that I am willling to brick and rebrick to see if I can unbrick and have it available to use. I would REALLY like to find custom ROM for it but from what I have researched here i think there are many of us with that desire.
I saw a post where someone was trying to find root and was given a Bricked j7 crown and was able to come through it and start at factory stock with no google account present... a reply in that thread was " now we know there is a way around frp".
but i cant find the thread...lol.. I NEED TO GET INTO THIS PHONE. its my only alternative to having no phone at all Im currently BROKE and recovering from shoulder surgery, wont have any income for a couple more months, Im feeling a bit under the thumb of google nazis.
ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME...
I am going to attempt to odin down to 8.0 from pie and see if it helps.. Im going to downstep from odin 3.13 to odin 3.09 to do so as well ... seems 3.13 is all about making google happy
THANKS GUYS .. I LOVE XDA...YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB
14th November 2019, 09:13 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Best thing I can say
I've flashed a Samsung phone with firmware that isn't for the exact same device and had it worked. You might try flashing other samsung devices stock rom and publish results please.
14th November 2019, 03:27 PM |#6  

More
Worth a try
androidbiits.com/root-straight-talk-samsung-galaxy-j7-crown-sm-s767vl-j7topeltetfnvzw-easily/
4th December 2019, 06:21 AM |#7  

More
Unlock was too simple i overlooked
With sim lock,close tray simultaneously pulling down, bringing pull down open but not locked in down position..open sim tray ..pulldoown comes down again, search bar =settings then facial or fingerprint ,set up pin, disable fingerprint\facial choice .restart phone use pin ..open phone...

Now tryna figure out getting past unlock on tracfone so i can root and install custom os.
Probably lineage but dirty unicorns is interesting.
Though lineage is most probable, IF i get oem unlock. If not termux terminal is eminent for device.
Although I'd rather custom this as my daily and turn the j7 halo into debian terminal.
I WANT THIS S767VL FOR DAILY IN OBSESSED...LOL
11th December 2019, 10:32 AM |#8  

More
Alternative Custom ROMs for Samsung SM-S767VL
Apart from Exodus ROM, users can try other alternatives, which I consider to be the best option. For once, check the complete list, and whichever ROM matches your config, and if you like it, then you must go for it.

Here's the list of best Android custom ROMs

I cannot post the link but you can check it on the A2ZGyaan website.

Also, keep one thing in mind look for better performance ROM with advanced features.

Cheers!
10th January 2020, 10:44 PM |#9  

More
Need Firmware for SM-767vl
Quote:
Originally Posted by optra56

Apart from Exodus ROM, users can try other alternatives, which I consider to be the best option. For once, check the complete list, and whichever ROM matches your config, and if you like it, then you must go for it.

Here's the list of best Android custom ROMs

I cannot post the link but you can check it on the A2ZGyaan website.

Also, keep one thing in mind look for better performance ROM with advanced features.

Cheers!

Does anyone have the stock firmware or custom firmware for this device?

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)