[ROM][5.1.1_r3] XenonHD Official Stable 2.0 Build 5 [RRO LAYERS] (06-26-15)

Search This thread

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
zlUiV.jpg

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".

Team Horizon:
Adam80460
iceandfire
TheBr0ken
PCarenza
T-Macgnolia
uppon2

Base : Lollipop - FULL AOSP BASE FROM SOURCE.
It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
and now Buttery Smooth too!
Check out our official website

**********LVM/COLDBIRD/UNIFIED STORAGE IS NOT SUPPORTED - FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**********

How to use the layers theme engine
To use the layers theme engine please follow this guide in the YouTube video, but remember you already have the layers app built in to this rom, so you don't need to worry about joining the community or downloading the beta. See the XDA page below for available themes (you can also go to the Google play store and search "layers themes" - if you install themes from the play store make sure you open the theme after downloading and follow instructions from there)
Official MEGA RRO Layers Overlays Collection
Here is the youtube guide https://youtu.be/jfsVp57CSnY [/B]

You can make your layout look like this in seconds (Milos theme by spastef)

15%2B-%2B1

How to install
Factory wipe
flash latest cm 12.1 rom and boot up to homescreen (this step is only for people facing TrustZone/modem issues please see here for explanation)
Factory wipe
Flash XenonHD rom

Flash Banks Gapps Only!
reboot and enjoy!

What is not working
You tell me

Screenshots

Support us! Put this as your signature and spread the word around about XenonHD. :)
pTCiU1Q.png

Downloads (click me)

Are you having problems with Lollipop not going in to deep sleep?

Users have reported these instructions below to work for resolving this issue
Starting from ColorOS 2.0.8 I had problems with the deep sleep!
Solve it the following way:
- Flash Coloros 1.2.7 / reboot / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / full wipe / Flash last Cyano 12.1 / reboot / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / full wipe / Flash Xenon HD / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / wipe cache and Dalvik / Flash Gapps / reboot........... Done !!
No more deep sleep issues
Thanks user carlinho

Personally, before I even connect to the internet at all, or restore any applications, I also go in to settings>privacy and turn privacy guard to *Enabled by default*

If the problem is still not fixed you could try the following method. I have also had device not sleeping issues. I think this is a widespread bug amongst a lot of 5.1 roms. The way I fixed it is by factory wipe, follow installation instructions again, then once booted, go to settings> privacy guard and set on for new installed apps. Then restore/re-install your apps. You can then go in to privacy guard and set your absolutely trusted apps to "allow" . Since I did this I have 4 x the battery life. No shiz!

It also doesn't help that Google OTA updates is causing device to "stay awake" because Google's SystemUpdateService keeps launching commands even if update system is not there. Some people don't experience as much battery drain as others. I am one of the unlucky people as well :( Follow my instructions below for a fix :)

1. Go to settings> Privacy> Privacy Guard - Now click on the 3-dot menu button at the top right and select "advanced"
2 Click on Google Play Services > scroll down and turn off "Wake up" and "Keep Awake" options
3. Reboot in to recovery > wipe cache and davlik and reboot

The steps above will help to an extent but I would also recommend doing the following if you are still experiencing battery drain

1. Download My Android Tools from here and open the app and do the following:
2. Click on "Service" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services"
3. Click on the full/short button at the top right > now click on the search button and type in "com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService" and make sure to untick this option
4. Click on the menu bar located at the top left of the screen so we can navigate back to the homescreen of the app >
5. Click on "Broadcast Receiver" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services" > now search for "SystemUpdate" and make sure all 3 of the options are unticked (it might already be unticked but it is just to make sure) - Now reboot

Thanks to:

AOSP
Cyanogenmod
SlimRoms
suraj.das - advice
martinusbe - advice

Source:
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
XenonHD, ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
uppon2
ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-22
Last Updated 2015-04-30

Last edited:

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
Well done, will try this as soon as my laptop is up and running again

Edit: @uppon2 i have been away for a while and also from custom roms. Last rom used was DU 5.0, was flawless. Is music bug issue still around? i think CM still has it but does any of your roms have this or not? has it been fixed in 5.1?

Last edited:
Reactions: uppon2

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Well done, will try this as soon as my laptop is up and running again

Edit: @uppon2 i have been away for a while and also from custom roms. Last rom used was DU 5.0, was flawless. Is music bug issue still around? i think CM still has it but does any of your roms have this or not? has it been fixed in 5.1?

I am unsure about the music bug. This is built from AOSP sources. I ported it from Bacon and used CM device trees to get it up. How can I reproduce the issue?

Reactions: spoonymoon

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
I am unsure about the music bug. This is built from AOSP sources. I ported it from Bacon and used CM device trees to get it up. How can I reproduce the issue?

i mean is there any kind of freeze while listening to music or forwarding or skipping the track? even had issue in past (rom irrelavant) with whatsapp audio and fowarding video

pschvn

Apr 7, 2012
theme chooser

Very good rom , thank you.
There is no theme chooser ,how can I install theme chooser?

carlsbad28

Jul 23, 2012
This ROM is rock stable. Been using it for two days with no issues. Let's hope it stays that way. :thumbup:

spoonymoon

Aug 31, 2011
Det mørke Jylland
This new layer thingy....wow it's freakin brilliant :)
This rom is absolutely sooo cool - best one on my x9076 yet!
But as always aosp roms rule .... Cm is nice and all but! !!

Plz keep updating uppon2!?

This is my daily driver from now on - we so much need a multiboot kernel?
Booting this aosp vs new cos L would be awesome!

Thanks a million uppon2 - you serious rock the oppo scene :)
Hope you get the thx you deserve?

:)

Edit: anyone able to get 50mp shots working on this rom?

Last edited:

spoonymoon

Aug 31, 2011
Det mørke Jylland
Will see if 50mp works on new build :)

Uppon2 please read bootmgr answer to me in this thread > http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369/page5

He says if correct string for device is added in cos camera apk, then find7 4k recording will work. .... Hot damn this is one off the last things we need from cos?
Sounds easy a re/decompiling and its working.

50mp shots 4k video and the maxaudio port ...then all is at place in lolipop

Edit:yes yes 50mp shots works flawless
:) :)

Last edited:

uppon2

Oct 27, 2010
Nice to see the Oppo find 7 getting some XenonHD love. Oh and from the rest of the team welcome to team Horizon uppon2.

I am very grateful for the invitation to join such a great team and supporting a fantastic rom! - We have gone official find7 owners :D

Also nice to see the feature in the portal

@spoonymoon I will check that camera out tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: spoonymoon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zlUiV.jpg

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is built from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".

Team Horizon:
    Adam80460
    iceandfire
    TheBr0ken
    PCarenza
    T-Macgnolia
    uppon2

Base : Lollipop - FULL AOSP BASE FROM SOURCE.
    It's Rockstable,Blazing fast.
    and now Buttery Smooth too!
    Check out our official website

**********LVM/COLDBIRD/UNIFIED STORAGE IS NOT SUPPORTED - FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK**********

How to use the layers theme engine
    To use the layers theme engine please follow this guide in the YouTube video, but remember you already have the layers app built in to this rom, so you don't need to worry about joining the community or downloading the beta. See the XDA page below for available themes (you can also go to the Google play store and search "layers themes" - if you install themes from the play store make sure you open the theme after downloading and follow instructions from there)
    Official MEGA RRO Layers Overlays Collection
    Here is the youtube guide https://youtu.be/jfsVp57CSnY [/B]

You can make your layout look like this in seconds (Milos theme by spastef)

15%2B-%2B1

How to install
    Factory wipe
    flash latest cm 12.1 rom and boot up to homescreen (this step is only for people facing TrustZone/modem issues please see here for explanation)
    Factory wipe
    Flash XenonHD rom

Flash Banks Gapps Only!
    reboot and enjoy!

What is not working
    You tell me

Screenshots

Support us! Put this as your signature and spread the word around about XenonHD. :)
    pTCiU1Q.png

Downloads (click me)

Are you having problems with Lollipop not going in to deep sleep?

Users have reported these instructions below to work for resolving this issue
    Starting from ColorOS 2.0.8 I had problems with the deep sleep!
    Solve it the following way:
    - Flash Coloros 1.2.7 / reboot / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / full wipe / Flash last Cyano 12.1 / reboot / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / full wipe / Flash Xenon HD / setup wizard (without gapps) / reboot / wipe cache and Dalvik / Flash Gapps / reboot........... Done !!
    No more deep sleep issues
    Thanks user carlinho

Personally, before I even connect to the internet at all, or restore any applications, I also go in to settings>privacy and turn privacy guard to *Enabled by default*

If the problem is still not fixed you could try the following method. I have also had device not sleeping issues. I think this is a widespread bug amongst a lot of 5.1 roms. The way I fixed it is by factory wipe, follow installation instructions again, then once booted, go to settings> privacy guard and set on for new installed apps. Then restore/re-install your apps. You can then go in to privacy guard and set your absolutely trusted apps to "allow" . Since I did this I have 4 x the battery life. No shiz!

It also doesn't help that Google OTA updates is causing device to "stay awake" because Google's SystemUpdateService keeps launching commands even if update system is not there. Some people don't experience as much battery drain as others. I am one of the unlucky people as well :( Follow my instructions below for a fix :)

1. Go to settings> Privacy> Privacy Guard - Now click on the 3-dot menu button at the top right and select "advanced"
    2 Click on Google Play Services > scroll down and turn off "Wake up" and "Keep Awake" options

The steps above will help to an extent but I would also recommend doing the following if you are still experiencing battery drain

2. Click on "Service" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services"
    3. Click on the full/short button at the top right > now click on the search button and type in "com.google.android.gms.update.SystemUpdateService" and make sure to untick this option
    4. Click on the menu bar located at the top left of the screen so we can navigate back to the homescreen of the app >
    5. Click on "Broadcast Receiver" tab on the top left and then click on "System" and then scroll down and click on "Google Play services" > now search for "SystemUpdate" and make sure all 3 of the options are unticked (it might already be unticked but it is just to make sure) - Now reboot

Thanks to:

AOSP
    Cyanogenmod
    SlimRoms
    suraj.das - advice
    martinusbe - advice

Source:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    XenonHD, ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
    uppon2
    ROM OS Version: Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-22
    Last Updated 2015-04-30
    Was wondering why the proximity sensor didn't work on latest version...there is a faulty build.prop line:

Changing "ro.qti.ir_proximity=true" to "ro.qti.sensors.ir_proximity=true" solves it.
    Unified is dead, luckily :) always was and always will be crap!

But uppon2, I flashed several gapps and don't see device going too deep sleep !?

Used kernel tweaker/cpu spy/a1 tool all says same thing no deep sleep!

Gapps is like minimal 5.1 040415 etc. Don't make any changes which I flash!

Rom is smooth and blazing.

" and weird enough coloros camera port 1.7 works with 4k recording on new oppo beta 5.02 from yesterday"

I also had device not sleeping. I think this is a widespread bug amongst a lot of 5.1 roms. The way I fixed it is by factory wipe, follow installation instructions again, then once booted, go to settings> privacy guard and set on for new installed apps. Then restore/re-install your apps. You can then go in to privacy guard and set your absolutely trusted apps to "allow" . Since I did this I have 4 x the battery life. No shiz!

Hey guys. Wow. 2 weeeeeeeeeeeksssss. I have been busy with exams and university work. I am planning on an update within the next 24 hours :D - give me a chance to go through the threads and check out whats new, whats broken and what my users have said and expect a build shortly!

I want to thank all of you guys for your patience and active participation in this forum. You guys have really helped each other out.

If anybody is wondering why video recording was not working is because default was set to 4K (changing it to 1080 fixed the issues temporarily but the main reason is because I use the cyanogen device trees and they have not yet added THIS but I am going to fix this in the upcoming build!
    Sorry for the delay guys. I come bearing some sad news. Unfortunately my device is now in a million pieces, but unlike "Wonkavision" it is not going to be put back together. I have had to purchase a cheaper device (moto g 2014) until I can afford another higher end device.

Thanks for your time.