[ROM] [OFFICIAL] RESURRECTION Remix OPPO Find7 [MM 6.x][LVM]

Search This thread

opposeeker

Mar 6, 2015
Dusseldorf
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL] RESURRECTION Remix OPPO Find7 [MM 6.x][LVM], ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
opposeeker, RoppoFon
Source Code: https://github.com/resurrectionremix
Source Code: https://github.com/find7s
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.7.4_r72

Created 2016-07-28
Last Updated 2016-10-07

[A] - INTRODUCTION
This is a continuation of a previous port of Resurrection Remix for the FIND7.
The predecessor was discontinued by the foregoing maintainer soon after its start within a month's period. This port was set up independently from it, all new from scratch, escpecially with proper LVM-Implant (i.e. w/out corrupted sdcard0, see images in the upper screenshot compartment of this page)

... more?
A lot of maintainers stopped their activies for the FIND7. It happened several times to me with different ROMs since I own this device. I really got fed up with the situation:
Only a limited number of ROMs left available for the FIND7 - shrinked down even more when counting only those with LVM-support. As soon as you get used to it, the individual maintainer in charge doesn't care anymore.
I prefer reliability and continuity in real life and therefore - surprise! - I'm really not in the mood exchanging my "technical assistants" on a monthly basis just because the geeks have left the playground for new toys...
Since Resurrection Remix is an awesome, well balanced ROM, I wanted to keep using it! Including enhancements and security fixes in future, of course. And I didn't want to buy a new (maintained-for-how-long?) phone just for that reason. The Devs @ RR are dedicated and strive for sustainment and stability just as I do.
Obviously, they can't take care for each and every piece of hardware on the market. - What to do...?

<b>
If nobody else does it - you'll have to do it yourself!​
</b>
So I did. Still wondering about it, since I didn't have a clue : -)
---

I'd like to share this port with you to enlarge the (limited) choice for us FIND7 users. BTW, since it has eaten an enormous budget of my time and resources, it would be real waste (and blame) not to ... especially as I participated from the work of so many people plus individuals supporting me personally to get this whole thing together.
Hall of Fame:
Being myself an advanced user who had no deal with "porting" or "maintaining" until very recently, I'm very grateful to the following individuals for their personal support:
@Schneiderle - not even owning this device by himself, he was a patient teacher to me "Android Infant" helping me understand the basics and preparing the ground
@maxwen - for his useful hints on LVM, since he has done it properly for Omni and TWRP
@anders3408 - implemented LVM for DU and let me share his work (+ lots of useful hints!)
Thank you, guys!

Thanks to:
Google for creating an alternative to the "fruit monopoly", CyanogenMod and ResurrectionRemix-Team, among many many others, I'd like to express my respect to those in the communicty who spent their time in creating Tutorials and How-To's, so beginners have a chance to get into this without attending University.
I'm also thankful to people like @Entropy512 who made LVM available to the FIND7 initially and therefore saved a lot of people from claiming their Oppo as "real bad buy".

(B) - LEARN MORE about RR, support and unwanted features
If you have specific questions concerning features, requests, bug reports etc., visit the capitol of ResurrectionRemix directly and get involved.
You'll also get there a full list of all features, support and up-to-date info.
Don't blame/flame if something doesn't work - check with others first: if other people with other devices have equal "unwanted features" - then post in the RR-forum - not here.

[C] - MISCELLANEOUS
I am not a dedicated maintainer nor will I be 24hrs around to nanny. I don't code anything (except for the purpose of mixing things up : - )
I just brought existing stuff of other genius' together, so the whole mixture works in this specific device. No more - not less.
This needs to be re-done for fixes and enhancements from the "ethereous" (=>genius) part of the Android world from time to time. I'll take care for these updates as time allows and as long as I will be using the device myself - this should should be for a while from now, at least up to mature "Nougat", let's see from there.
However - by downloading und using this port you declare: not to ask for ETA(!)

This ROM is a well-balanced and sophisticated one, that's why it's my favoured.
Go and try it if you haven't done so - and you'll see why!

Here we go:
[D] - FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE FLASHING - SAVE YOUR DATA!
Like in real life, you should have a basic understanding about what you are doing. Whatever you do: You'll do it at your own risk. I'll take no liability for anything. If you don't agree - don't touch it!

Coming from whatever (everlasting-beta) stock ROM by Oppo:
If you previously changed your partition type with Oppo, revert to the original (default) FIRST.
(Should you have created it with 2.1.5 and up (without resizing,) you can leave it as it is).

Then

- Connect your phone to a PC via USB and
- Unlock your phone if this is your fast attempt to install a ROM (fastboot oem unlock)
- Flash TWRP recovery (fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Version.img)
- Reboot to Recovery

Proceed with steps below

Preparing for LVM
Setting up the whole internal storage partition w/out splitted
storage for apps / data requires the following prerequisites:

- TWRP Recovery installed (nothing different)
- Using setuplvm.zip (get from upper download compartment of this thread and save on your external sdcard for later use)

Setting up LVM
- Go to TWRP-Recovery
- Be super-pedantic: Wipe system/data/cache/dalvic
- Flash setuplvm.zip (will wipe everything incl. internal storage!)
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash ROM
- Flash GApps
- Reboot

Errors while setting up LVM?$&%??
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery and flash setuplvm.zip again.
- Reboot to TWRP after that again to proceed flashing.

Coming from another ROM
Note:
It's Aliens's Law to flash modem first to avoid problems with immigration. Travelers from Oppo Stock ROM have a visa and don't have to.

- Get modem files (from upper download compartment of this thread - save on your external sdcard)
- Book into Recovery
- Flash modemxxxx.zip
- Reboot to Recovery
- Flash ROM
- Flash GApps
- Reboot

Note: If you currently use whatever Unified XX flavor : Revert to the default partition layout with the tool by the respective provider prior to flashing this ROM.
Then proceed with above steps. Failure to do so may result in unwanted behaviour. The least you may expect is a "corrupted" sdcard.

Download Links:

ROM downloads see Post #3
3rd party add-ons see Post #4

Attachments

• Speicherplatz_571LVM_eng_.jpg
    Speicherplatz_571LVM_eng_.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 13,228
  • RR_5.7.4.jpg
    RR_5.7.4.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 10,460
Last edited:

opposeeker

Mar 6, 2015
Dusseldorf
Little Q & A

Check the General FAQ of Resurrection Remix Headoffice

This port is designed for the *FIND7s (X9076)*,
since that's the device I own. It has been reported working with the Find7"a" version, too. Make sure you'll reduce the screen density to "480" in settings after successfull flash. Applies to "A"-users only. EDIT: The last version of RR w/ MM (5.7.4) has an extra build for the Find7a. See Post #3 below (Download links).
New LCD support? - No.
It has been reported that this port does not support the new LCD. Although it is built-in the sources, users report it simply doesn't work.
There are kernel patches available in the net, though, they have side effects beyond your control - so no recommendation from this side. Sorry.
This port comes with proper LVM support. Any other?
You can use LVM if you want. Or keep using the original partition layout. That's the freedom of choice you'll get with this port. No other flavors are being supported (see OP, Section D)
This ROM comes pre-rooted. Is it possible to un-root?
Yes. Install SuperSu (see Download Section abv). In the settings of SuperSu you'll see options for unrooting your device.
Do I have to donate if keep using this ROM?
You don't have to at all, no matter if you just give it a try or keep using it forever....it's all open and free of any charge! If you are very satisfied and feel like donating, well, I won't reject : - )
See the "Donate to me" button on the left or in my profile. Thank you!

Last edited:

opposeeker

Mar 6, 2015
Dusseldorf
Last edited:

opposeeker

Mar 6, 2015
Dusseldorf
Last edited:

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for continuing Resurrection Remix builds. Does this rom supports F2FS partitions on /data, /cache, /externalsd? and does this also support Coldbird Unification Method? Thanks.

DemonDroid_97

Jul 7, 2014
Lahore
@opposeeker thank you man! Works great. And like before it is working on my find 7a x9006 version so you can edit the post to support this version as well :)

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Thanks for continuing Resurrection Remix builds. Does this rom supports F2FS partitions on /data, /cache, /externalsd? and does this also support Coldbird Unification Method? Thanks.
Don't know about coldbird, but this does work with the chinese partition layout; tried it myself

Reactions: opposeeker

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
Tested now and I confirmed that only external sdcard is supported to use F2FS partition. It won't boot when /cache partition is formatted to F2FS, when /data partition is formatted to F2FS, the Encryption Unsuccessful prompt will appear. Coldbird partition will be unify the storage upon using the Chinese unified zip file.

Last edited:

opposeeker

Mar 6, 2015
Dusseldorf
meh... another rom wich have not support for r63419 Display. Useless for me
If you'd kindly asked, whether this may be on the list for the future, you'd have gotten a friendly reply...since this thread is online not even one day(!) and I am still so happy that we have a future now with this ROM.
Too bad you've missed the chance to get on the beta list.

Reactions: Yoyo117

roi_xordo

Dec 9, 2015
Many of us have this version of find7 (the display r63419 ), and your rom , like many others are not suitable for our devices. If this were a new problem , I would understand that it was not covered , but it is something that happens many months (or years) ago, and developers follow cooking roms that do not solve this. Inconceivable and useless . But calm down my friend, do not bother to fix it, I dont need this useless rom, in fact, I will sell this phone soon, with Omnirom installed , which works fine from the beginning.

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
Hi dev could please see this, Problems or Features Request:

Can not disable hardware navigation keys when enabling software navigation keys. *problem*
Can not use F2FS partitions properly on /data and /cache partitions *feature request* I hope this will be added in this rom and take the speed advantage of F2FS over EXT4.
Enable Coldbird partitioning method out of the box without using chinese unify zip. *feature request*
QS Tiles must like crDroid/Cyanogenmod style where user can add multiple tiles without like clutter on the long list. In CyanogenMod and crDroid, you can scroll and select QS Tiles from left to right, in RR you can add but it is listed on a long list manner. *feature request*

Last edited:

Romaan

Apr 21, 2012
Flashed this last night, running very well so far. I haven't found any issues yet. Thanks for this amazing rom :)

Reactions: opposeeker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] RESURRECTION Remix OPPO Find7 [MM 6.x][LVM], ROM for the Oppo Find 7

Contributors
    opposeeker, RoppoFon
    Source Code: https://github.com/resurrectionremix
    Source Code: https://github.com/find7s
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.7.4_r72

Created 2016-07-28
    Last Updated 2016-10-07

[A] - INTRODUCTION
    This is a continuation of a previous port of Resurrection Remix for the FIND7.
    The predecessor was discontinued by the foregoing maintainer soon after its start within a month's period. This port was set up independently from it, all new from scratch, escpecially with proper LVM-Implant (i.e. w/out corrupted sdcard0, see images in the upper screenshot compartment of this page)

... more?
    A lot of maintainers stopped their activies for the FIND7. It happened several times to me with different ROMs since I own this device. I really got fed up with the situation:
    Only a limited number of ROMs left available for the FIND7 - shrinked down even more when counting only those with LVM-support. As soon as you get used to it, the individual maintainer in charge doesn't care anymore.
    I prefer reliability and continuity in real life and therefore - surprise! - I'm really not in the mood exchanging my "technical assistants" on a monthly basis just because the geeks have left the playground for new toys...
    Since Resurrection Remix is an awesome, well balanced ROM, I wanted to keep using it! Including enhancements and security fixes in future, of course. And I didn't want to buy a new (maintained-for-how-long?) phone just for that reason. The Devs @ RR are dedicated and strive for sustainment and stability just as I do.
    Obviously, they can't take care for each and every piece of hardware on the market. - What to do...?

<b>
    If nobody else does it - you'll have to do it yourself!​
    </b>
    So I did. Still wondering about it, since I didn't have a clue : -)
    ---

I'd like to share this port with you to enlarge the (limited) choice for us FIND7 users. BTW, since it has eaten an enormous budget of my time and resources, it would be real waste (and blame) not to ... especially as I participated from the work of so many people plus individuals supporting me personally to get this whole thing together.
    Hall of Fame:
    Being myself an advanced user who had no deal with "porting" or "maintaining" until very recently, I'm very grateful to the following individuals for their personal support:
    @Schneiderle - not even owning this device by himself, he was a patient teacher to me "Android Infant" helping me understand the basics and preparing the ground
    @maxwen - for his useful hints on LVM, since he has done it properly for Omni and TWRP
    @anders3408 - implemented LVM for DU and let me share his work (+ lots of useful hints!)
    Thank you, guys!

Thanks to:
    Google for creating an alternative to the "fruit monopoly", CyanogenMod and ResurrectionRemix-Team, among many many others, I'd like to express my respect to those in the communicty who spent their time in creating Tutorials and How-To's, so beginners have a chance to get into this without attending University.
    I'm also thankful to people like @Entropy512 who made LVM available to the FIND7 initially and therefore saved a lot of people from claiming their Oppo as "real bad buy".

(B) - LEARN MORE about RR, support and unwanted features
    If you have specific questions concerning features, requests, bug reports etc., visit the capitol of ResurrectionRemix directly and get involved.
    You'll also get there a full list of all features, support and up-to-date info.
    Don't blame/flame if something doesn't work - check with others first: if other people with other devices have equal "unwanted features" - then post in the RR-forum - not here.

[C] - MISCELLANEOUS
    I am not a dedicated maintainer nor will I be 24hrs around to nanny. I don't code anything (except for the purpose of mixing things up : - )
    I just brought existing stuff of other genius' together, so the whole mixture works in this specific device. No more - not less.
    This needs to be re-done for fixes and enhancements from the "ethereous" (=>genius) part of the Android world from time to time. I'll take care for these updates as time allows and as long as I will be using the device myself - this should should be for a while from now, at least up to mature "Nougat", let's see from there.
    However - by downloading und using this port you declare: not to ask for ETA(!)

This ROM is a well-balanced and sophisticated one, that's why it's my favoured.
    Go and try it if you haven't done so - and you'll see why!

Here we go:
    [D] - FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:
    BEFORE FLASHING - SAVE YOUR DATA!
    Like in real life, you should have a basic understanding about what you are doing. Whatever you do: You'll do it at your own risk. I'll take no liability for anything. If you don't agree - don't touch it!

Coming from whatever (everlasting-beta) stock ROM by Oppo:
    If you previously changed your partition type with Oppo, revert to the original (default) FIRST.
    (Should you have created it with 2.1.5 and up (without resizing,) you can leave it as it is).

Then

- Connect your phone to a PC via USB and
    - Unlock your phone if this is your fast attempt to install a ROM (fastboot oem unlock)
    - Flash TWRP recovery (fastboot flash recovery TWRP-Version.img)
    - Reboot to Recovery

Proceed with steps below

Preparing for LVM
    Setting up the whole internal storage partition w/out splitted
    storage for apps / data requires the following prerequisites:

- TWRP Recovery installed (nothing different)
    - Using setuplvm.zip (get from upper download compartment of this thread and save on your external sdcard for later use)

Setting up LVM
    - Go to TWRP-Recovery
    - Flash setuplvm.zip (will wipe everything incl. internal storage!)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot

Errors while setting up LVM?$&%??
    - Reboot to TWRP Recovery and flash setuplvm.zip again.
    - Reboot to TWRP after that again to proceed flashing.

Coming from another ROM
    Note:
    It's Aliens's Law to flash modem first to avoid problems with immigration. Travelers from Oppo Stock ROM have a visa and don't have to.

- Get modem files (from upper download compartment of this thread - save on your external sdcard)
    - Book into Recovery
    - Flash modemxxxx.zip
    - Reboot to Recovery
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot

Note: If you currently use whatever Unified XX flavor : Revert to the default partition layout with the tool by the respective provider prior to flashing this ROM.
    Then proceed with above steps. Failure to do so may result in unwanted behaviour. The least you may expect is a "corrupted" sdcard.

Download Links:

ROM downloads see Post #3
    3rd party add-ons see Post #4
    In between: Find7a-Special

@_Ayhan_ @Badassian @BohArie @DemonDroid_97 @DroidSK @fancyclouds @merque @Oppoxda @rodolphe06 @verbus17
    or, to make it short: to all 7a users:

I've created a FIND7a build based on the latest build dd 22 Sep 16
    You'll find it here.

If you have installed the last build already, you won't have to switch. It's exactly the same, only difference may be the bootanimation now fitting the screen better.
    For all other's it may be a good reason to update to 5.7.4

Again, this is a build for the "A"-Version only.
    Update:
    First successfull ROM-Build done (without LVM). :victory:
    A lot of devices were running early with Nougat, but since the FIND7 was never a hot seller (compared 2 many other brands) it took obviously very long to get it going by the respective teams. Since building is generally possible for the FIND7 now, I will get my FRANKENSTEIN-SUIT on again and try what Igor and me can do to create another LVM-Frankenstein-Version again.
    I am not too optimistic at this point, since there must be a reason that Omni didn't go for it - and these guys helped me with most of the LVM implementation. On top of it, I am very limited with time. And on top of the topping, Xmas is upfront.

However, since the Find7s is my only mobile phone at this time, I am highly interested to get it going myself - without LVM I'd rather buy me another phone instead - and that's not on Santa's list for this year . . .

Having this in mind be confident that I will try my best to get it going, B U T it won't be a fast shot.
    Hopefully it won't be such a nightmere as half a year ago, when I started first....but you'll never know.

I'll appreciate your patience while you stay tuned!
    I don't like mondays.....

ANOTHER BEAST BITES THE DUST...
    New Version: 5.7.3 is out
    New BaNkS GApps out

You'll find evertyhing linked up @ the very low bottom of OP (Downloads), including direct link to Changelog etc.
    The Sliders have been fixed, plus a bunch of other things (incl. battery drain issues).

YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALL (WIPE cache/dalvic/data/system before flashing), new Android Sec. patch included.

You must do this WHENEVER

- you setup LVM initially
    - you come from another ROM (incl. RR from ryanArcher!)
    - Android Security patch has been updated (like this time)

Read more on next post
    Another Beast bites the dust (Part 2)

Please never expect an update the same day RR goes public with theirs. I will never release an update without at least a minor crosscheck.

As a general rule, you may expect an update once a month, after an Android Security patch like today, which will include all the enhancements
    (or unwanted features, like experienced just recently) RR has included.
    If I have time, I will do it more often, but in most of the cases it's just not worth the time it takes on your and my side. And straight forward: none of our lives depend on it! So please don't push!

The good message on this is: YES, there will be updates on a regular basis, that's exactly why I jumped into this project and invested a lot of my time (and resources: new SSD just for compiling, double RAM, an additional FIND7s device just for testing etc). But it must stay within a reasonable range of time and I cannot disregard my other duties - like it did in the foregoing weeks - which were real hardcore while I was learning how to handle all this.

It doesn't help to complain about one and the same thing again and again HERE, when it's obvious that the bug is not with this port (aka MY responsibility), but with RR (see Section B in the OP).
    It's not that you cannot discuss it here, it just won't help if you just cry about it.

Thank you @verbus17 for sharing your workaround for the heating-bug with the Find7a! :good: