By tdm, Recognized Developer on 16th July 2014, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2014, 03:13 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 3,820

Donate to Me
More
So i spent the entire day yesterday trying to track down the black screen issue. I went through the DT, the kernel thermal driver, the userspace thermal engine, the thermal engine config, and everything else I can think of. Nothing is wrong with the CM kernel.

The current theory is that the stock/gummy kernels have more conservative GPU frequency/voltage settings that are preventing them from overheating. I will test that on Monday (I'm off work today). If this is the problem, we will need to solve it with the thermal engine config -- we will not degrade performance of the bacon and find7a for this issue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th July 2014, 12:57 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm

So i spent the entire day yesterday trying to track down the black screen issue. I went through the DT, the kernel thermal driver, the userspace thermal engine, the thermal engine config, and everything else I can think of. Nothing is wrong with the CM kernel.

The current theory is that the stock/gummy kernels have more conservative GPU frequency/voltage settings that are preventing them from overheating. I will test that on Monday (I'm off work today). If this is the problem, we will need to solve it with the thermal engine config -- we will not degrade performance of the bacon and find7a for this issue.

I don't think Find 7a users are experiencing BSOD though, are they?
19th July 2014, 01:25 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
I have had 5 blackouts today. It does appear to me that many times these are heat related. Can a govenor be adjusted to not go above a certain threshold.

I love CM11. I hope this is solvable. (Nooo Mr Wizard I don't want to go baaak)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm

Thank you. Have a good weekend.
19th July 2014, 05:36 PM |#14  
Flag Scottsdale AZ
Thanks Meter: 148

More
I have had no SOD on CM and one on Gummy. It is kind of a tossup between Gummy and CM which is better. No real difference I can see. I think I might like CM better. My point is SOD is not limited to CM.
19th July 2014, 07:33 PM |#15  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I got the SoD issue twice so far in the 3 days using cm11. I also noticed notification light issue. I also get insufficient space in titanium randomly when trying to back up everything, if I just do recent apps it works. Anyone else have this problem.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA Free mobile app
19th July 2014, 10:24 PM |#16  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Feedback
I have been on CM11 for 3 days now (x9076) and had no BScreen issues - started on 717 and now on 718
Just ran benchmarking tools as not into games to try and get BSOD - Device got hot after reruns but feel confident of it was going to break it would of....
My OPPO Find7 scored 17272 in the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited Android benchmark test. http://bit.ly/3dmark-android hehe

Weird when using any root file manager after say, copying then pasting action will get a crash in the file manager BUT on reopening it has completed the action that caused the crash..... just an observation but it is a constant occurrence

Great work and kudos to those working on developing..... CM is the ducks nutz
20th July 2014, 03:18 AM |#17  

More
Switched to Franco kernel. I was sailing smoothly w/o Black Out, but late in the day Boom. 1 a day is a least better.
20th July 2014, 12:05 PM |#18  
is CM still experiencing speakerphone mic not working? If so, it's been fixed in PA/Gummy/Nameless.
20th July 2014, 01:55 PM |#19  

More
Any feedback on most recent builds?
I'm up to two blackouts today before 0830 in the morning
20th July 2014, 06:56 PM |#20  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Try boot.img and /system/lib/modules/ folder from Team Gummy ROM. Maybe it will fix black screen problem
20th July 2014, 07:13 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOJANHQ

Try boot.img and /system/lib/modules/ folder from Team Gummy ROM. Maybe it will fix black screen problem

Those are compatible with find 7 (vs Find 7a)?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOJANHQ

I am also not seeing a systems/lib/modules/ folder. Can get to /system/lib/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)