FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 6.0.1 {Find 7s} {LVM Supported} (08/05/16)

1,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,254

By anders3408, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th August 2016, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th August 2016, 12:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Tried this ROM today. Noticed two bugs:

1. Toggling the "SELinux: permissive" switch results in black screen. Rebooting won't help, dirty flash doesn't help either. Only full reflash of the entire ROM (with all wipes) solves this issue. Ouch.
2. While there is an option to enable on-screen button bar, there is no option to disable capacitive buttons (or I didn't find one).

11th August 2016, 04:13 PM |#12  
Flag Georgetown
Thanks Meter: 423

More
Hi, I have the 7s but with new lcd panel. Is the stable version compatible? Thanks.
11th August 2016, 04:49 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical cactus

Hi, I have the 7s but with new lcd panel. Is the stable version compatible? Thanks.

Yes, my 7s also has a new LCD panel. This build is fully compatible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aoleg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aoleg Ad-Free
11th August 2016, 05:27 PM |#14  
Flag Georgetown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoleg

Thanks. Already downloaded. Will try when free. Now on CM 13 snapshot. Getting a random reboot once in a while.
12th August 2016, 03:32 AM |#15  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:

1. Toggling the "SELinux: permissive" switch results in black screen. Rebooting won't help, dirty flash doesn't help either. Only full reflash of the entire ROM (with all wipes) solves this issue. Ouch.
2. While there is an option to enable on-screen button bar, there is no option to disable capacitive buttons (or I didn't find one).

1) Can't reproduce the SElinux issue. Works fine for me. Which version are you using, weekly or official?
2) You can manually disable hardware keys by this method:
Use a file explorer with root like es or solid.
Go to root of your device > system > usr > keylayout.
Here you'll find Generic.kl
Open it in some editor.
Navigate to key 139, 158 and 172 and put a "#" in the beginning of these lines (without quotes)
Save file and reboot.
For hardware key lights, I disable them using gravity box or "Capacitive Buttons" from play store.
12th August 2016, 03:39 AM |#16  
Flag Georgetown

More
Quote:

It's not working for me. The screen is completely washed out. Restored backup.
12th August 2016, 08:07 AM |#17  
Flag Kota Kinabalu
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried with my find 7s. All is working except the mic for loudspeaker is not functioning. Ppl cant hear me talking in loudspeaker. Everything else working flawlessly. Great ROM.
12th August 2016, 02:47 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

NOT works with r63419 panel. Do not try if you have this panel
The Following User Says Thank You to roi_xordo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roi_xordo Ad-Free
13th August 2016, 01:50 AM |#19  
Flag Georgetown

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roi_xordo

NOT works with r63419 panel. Do not try if you have this panel

Hi, I'm back on cm snapshot. I think the kernel for the unified partition was giving me problems. So I'm back on default and skipped the patch. Cm needs much smaller installation space and I can fit all my apps in default.

So, apparently, this rom is working for someone with the new lcd panel.
14th August 2016, 09:29 AM |#20  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Jerslev

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Selinux is set to permissive, since i haven't fixed up the selinux rules yet.
Iirc in next weeklies , you can disable the buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eofw

I tried with my find 7s. All is working except the mic for loudspeaker is not functioning. Ppl cant hear me talking in loudspeaker. Everything else working flawlessly. Great ROM.

Can't reproduce your issue.

Quote:

Hi, I'm back on cm snapshot. I think the kernel for the unified partition was giving me problems. So I'm back on default and skipped the patch. Cm needs much smaller installation space and I can fit all my apps in default.

Seems odd that it works for some and not others.

In general please put all your issues into Jira with logcat if possible. For the guys with LCD issue, please also add a dmesg from a bootup, so I can see what's wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anders3408 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anders3408 Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 11:33 AM |#21  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Jerslev

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My kernel doesn't have any changes done for the lvm support. Has nothing to do with the kernel. Also I uses sane kernel as cm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)