Thanks Meter: 2,299

By phoenixita, Senior Member on 15th June 2015, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2015, 02:08 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riokoussei

Of course. I'll make a mini tutorial, if it is not detailed enough or you have problems with something in it let me know.
Things you will need:
Oppo minimal fastboot tool
Original Oppo firmware 2.0.8i
Oppo OEM recovery file
Tk Gapps 5.1.1 "pico worked best for me"
Exodus rom

First of all, fully charge your phone. For those having encryption failed messages like I did and are locked out of their recovery like I was, I recommend starting from scratch. First, download the "minimal fastboot tool" from the Oppo froums. Just do a Google search and it will take you to the Oppo page with it. --(The following is only for those with a locked recovery) Put your phone on fastboot and enter this command on the SDK "fastboot OEM unlock" Now your recovery should be unlocked and you shoild be able to install one!-- Next, install the official Oppo find 7 recovery, even if you have access to twrp, you need the original recovery (at least I did). Find how to do this on the Oppo forums, under "installing OEM recovery" you will need the minimal fastboot tools for this as well. After that download the official Oppo firmware 2.0.8i and flash it using the OEM recovery. What I did next, is I unified the storage with this firmware, then returned it to LVM. Now install the newest twrp that supports lvm, and after that you should be able to flash exodus with no issues, followed by Gapps. Word of warning, I ended up having to use the pico tk gapps, the other ones were apparently too large. I worried about this, thinking the lvm storage issue would appear, fortunately it hasn't as of yet. Now, keep in mind this is how I got it running, but I'm yet to find out if the several partition storage issue will occur, as I mentioned, no problems yet. Enjoy, I'm not responsible if you mess up, so please be careful!

Really appreciate your tutorial, but I am a flashaholic for years, knowing everything needed for flashing. I thought you have more like a workaround for how to install it, but basicly you just did a simple flash of the zip. Did the same.
Having latest twrp, installed latest 2.0.8 firmware weeks ago, running omni on lvm setup for months. Just wanted to try out a new ROM and couldnt figure out why it wont boot. Do you use a Find 7a oder a Find 7(s)?

18th July 2015, 02:30 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by znarf2369

Really appreciate your tutorial, but I am a flashaholic for years, knowing everything needed for flashing. I thought you have more like a workaround for how to install it, but basicly you just did a simple flash of the zip. Did the same.
Having latest twrp, installed latest 2.0.8 firmware weeks ago, running omni on lvm setup for months. Just wanted to try out a new ROM and couldnt figure out why it wont boot. Do you use a Find 7a oder a Find 7(s)?

I understand! Well, I had the storage unified, and obviously that didn't work going from colorOS. I had the same issue with the encryption message. I couldn't get it even if I reflashed and so forth. Went back to lvm, same. For some reason, re installing oppo recovery and color OS 2.8.0i, then converting the storage to unified then back to lvm did it. Whether it was the flash re-configuring the storage to stock settings from me messing with it before or simply luck, I'm not sure. All I know is that doing that after trying to install exodus for several days did the trick. The ROM works unbelievable great and it is super fast. Now, I'm not sure how you went about trying to install the ROM, if it is similar to what I did, then I don't know what could be the problem. Like I mentioned, Somehow reinstalling the Oppo stock recovery and flashing the ColorOS ROM did it for me. Flashing with several other methods without reverting to stock and converting the storage resulted in the same error you are getting. Sorry I couldn't offer more technical advice!
Also: just noticed you mentioned that you installed the oppo stock OS from the latest twrp? If I have that right, I encourage you to install it with the stock recovery. That seems to be one of the important factors that helped me. Good luck man, I hope someone has more sound advice!
Also: I use the find7 HD not the 7a. :P
20th September 2015, 01:43 PM |#23  
Flag Tawau
Thanks Meter: 51

More
A quick question. Any guide on installation from my find7 android 4.3 jelly bean to latest exodus build? Just wondering because 1+1 need a special firmware to flash 5.x.x lollipop ROMs. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
20th September 2015, 02:36 PM |#24  
Flag Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 452

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laharr

A quick question. Any guide on installation from my find7 android 4.3 jelly bean to latest exodus build? Just wondering because 1+1 need a special firmware to flash 5.x.x lollipop ROMs. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Flash Color OS 1.2.7 firmware with stock recovery.
Flash TWRP recovery.
Flash exodus,gapps.

Exodus does not support LVM. Unfied storage will cause problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to StormTrooper89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StormTrooper89 Ad-Free
20th September 2015, 02:40 PM |#25  
Flag Tawau

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper89

Flash Color OS 1.2.7 firmware with stock recovery.
Flash TWRP recovery.
Flash exodus,gapps.

Exodus does not support LVM. Unfied storage will cause problems.

I'm sorry. I think i skipped 1st one... Just root and install twrp manager from playstore and install 2.8.6.0 twrp recovery. Is there will be any problem??
20th September 2015, 03:16 PM |#26  
Flag Sarawak

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laharr

I'm sorry. I think i skipped 1st one... Just root and install twrp manager from playstore and install 2.8.6.0 twrp recovery. Is there will be any problem??

You can use latest twrp rec. If you encounter any network problem after flash the rom i suggest you do the first step.
The Following User Says Thank You to StormTrooper89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StormTrooper89 Ad-Free
23rd September 2015, 10:17 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
rom works well so far ,partition is default not unified or lvm ,unified just showed as 93 mb .
main problem is the cell signal drops randomly and alot sometimes,
23rd September 2015, 08:35 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Compatible with the new display panel?
Have anyone made tried exodus with the new panel? I've heard that most of the custom roms don't work with it. I git a new f7 and want to know first before I start flashing
24th September 2015, 02:28 AM |#29  
Flag Sarawak

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPzeFirefox

Have anyone made tried exodus with the new panel? I've heard that most of the custom roms don't work with it. I git a new f7 and want to know first before I start flashing

I don't think exodus support newer lcd. If you want more confirmation you can pm OP privately since this thread like a library.
5th October 2015, 05:05 AM |#30  
Flag Tawau

More
Hi everyone. How r u guys today...?

Sent from my X9076 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to laharr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laharr Ad-Free
7th October 2015, 01:13 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
After charging led remains on...
Does anyone else have this problem ? Every time I remove my phone from charging the notification skyline led doesn't turn off. It remains on constant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)